Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Pregnancy
What Is Pregnancy?
Pregnancy - Basics
Pregnancy is the term used to describe a woman's condition when she is carrying a growing fetus, generally lasting about 40 weeks from the beginning of the last menstrual cycle to childbirth. The primary sign of pregnancy is one or more consecutive missed periods, though taking a pregnancy test is the most definitive way to determine if a woman is pregnant. Other symptoms of pregnancy include nausea, morning sickness, fatigue, sore nipples and breasts, frequent urination, mood swings, food cravings and headaches.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Pregnancy.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Pregnancy Is Discussed
- Acupuncture Treatment Basics For Male and Female Fertility Issues
- Acupuncture Helpful for Maternal Separation Anxiety
- CoQ10 for Children with Down Syndrome - Role of Acupuncture In Inflammatory Markers
- Acupuncture as an alternative to an epidural for labor pain (Study)
- Get That Baby Out! - with acupressure... at home... (Study)
- Safety of Acupuncture During Pregnancy - Exploration of the "Forbidden Points" (Study)
- Study Finds Labor Induction with Acupuncture Helpful and Cost Effective Vs. Conventional Methods
- Forbidden Points in Pregnancy - Perhaps Not So Forbidden...
- Acupressure on SP 6 found helpful for reducing labor pain
- Acupuncture Integration Into Mainstream Healthcare in Australia
Which Acupuncture Point Protocols May Be Applied For Pregnancy?
Pregnancy - Acupuncture Protocols
The treatment of conditions with acupuncture can be a complicated endeavor that should only be undertaken by individuals with a deep understanding of the underlying Chinese Medicine theory (and/or whatever system being used for treatment). There are many approaches, but generally speaking few viable approaches are involved on a point to condition basis. Rather using proper diagnostic procedures the patients diagnostic pattern is ascertained and that is what is treated. The protocols listed here exemplify some of these clinical approaches.
The following acupuncture treatment protocols may be used with pregnancy:
The Following (1)Formula TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Pregnancy
Si Wu Tang Wan (Four Substances Pills)
- The primary base formula for tonifying the blood and regulating menstruation in Chinese Medicine terms - irregular cycles, amenorrhea or long cycles.
- Postpartum issues such as uterine bleeding when arising from blood deficiency.
- General blood deficiency symptoms - dry skin, dry eyes, dry hair, anemia, calf cramping. Certain version of dermatitis, psoriasis and other skin conditions - diabetic ulcers, etc.
- With the right underlying factors threatened miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy.
- Fertility issues, endometriosis.
- Avoid during the early phases of a cold or flu.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about pregnancy? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Fallopian tubes
- Multiple diagnosis
- Suggestions on how to treat edema of the head and fingers
- Anxiety, neck pain, glands and respiratory problems
- Ocular migraine in TCM
- Acupuncture to rid uterine polyp
- Five Seasons when do the start and when do they end
- Skin problem Fungal
- Night body aches
- Tiger warmer/ lion warmer