Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Prostate Issues (BPH)
What Is Prostate Issues (BPH)?
Prostate Issues (BPH) - Basics
The prostate is a male reproductive gland that grows larger as men age. There are several noncancer-related conditions that can affect the gland including—but not limited to—Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (a condition characterized by urinary problems due to an enlarged prostate gland), Acute Prostatitis (bacterial infection of the prostate), and Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome (a chronic condition resembling prostatitis that is not caused by a bacteria). Within this section you will find commonly used acupuncture and acupressure points, appropriate herbal formulas and a variety of information from Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) perspectives to aid in the treatment of Prostate Issues.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Prostate Issues (BPH) Is Discussed
- Acupuncture with Moxibustion Helps BPH (Study)
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Understanding How Chai Hu Shu Gan Wan Help With Depression in Epilepsy Patients (Study)
- Acupuncture Treatment Helpful for Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Vitamins and Supplements Show More Risks Than Benefit in Older Women
- How LI 11 and ST 37 Acupuncture Points Alleviate Constipation
- Acupuncture for Parkinson's Disease - Mechanisms Explored, Safer Than Rapamycin
- Acupuncture for Insomnia - Mechanisms Explored
- Study Find Electro-Acupuncture May Slow And Possibly Rebuild Degenerative Disc Disease
- Acupuncture for Overactive Bladder
- Acupuncture Helpful for Simple Obesity (Weight Loss)
1 Point Is Empirically Important For Prostate Issues (BPH)
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Prostate Issues (BPH)
The Following (6)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Prostate Issues (BPH)
Ba Zheng Wan (Eight Herb Powder for Rectification)
- Painful urination when it arises from damp heat syndrome - urinary tract infections, leukorrhea, cystitis.
- Prostatitis when from damp heat.
- Generally not for long-term use as it can lead to deficiency.
- Avoid during pregnancy.
Bi Xie Fen Qing Yin Wan (Dioscorea Formula To Separate The Clear)
- Generally for painful urination issues (gao lin) that arises from kidney yang deficiency.
- With related kidney yang deficiency pattern - chronic urinary tract infections, leukorrhea, vaginal thrush.
- Chronic prostatitis, particularly with white and cloudy urine.
- Avoid in cases arising from bladder damp heat - ba zheng wan or san jin wan would likely be better.
Li Niao Pai Shi Wan (Water Stone Removal Pill)
- Useful for a range of calcifications/stones - kidney stones, bladder stones, ureter stones and when the underlying pathology is appropriate gallstones. Generally involves collections of damp heat in the lower warmer.
- Besides stones, symptoms may range from small volumes of urination, pain with urination, urgency, itching and/or pain in the groin generally.
Sang Piao Xiao Wan (Mantis Egg Case Powder)
- Frequent urination, possibly incontinent from weakness in the heart and kidney systems. Pang Guang Shi Yue (bladder losing restraint).
- Other kidney deficiency signs possible such as spermatorrhea, forgetfulness, fatigue, constipation...
- Bedwetting in children when it is from deficiency - and often associated with "kidney" issues such as fear.
- Only use in with cases of deficiency, damp-heat or excess fire should be treated via other formulas.
Suo Quan Wan (Shut The Sluice Pills)
- Frequent, clear and prolonged urination with difficulty restraining - along with other kidney deficiency signs.
- Bedwetting in children in many cases, not necessarily just from deficiency.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about prostate issues (bph)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Trapped wind and bloating
- Neuropathy blend
- Chinese Medicine Lifestyle And Herbal Approaches To The Coronavirus - discussion (2020-03-26 03:26:29am)
- CTEPH-Chronic clots causing pulmonary hypertension
- Compromised immune system
- Purulent tooth root
- Iron Deficiency or Iron Overload
- Chronic Vaginal Discharge
- About Spleen 4 for cold feet and Yang
- Introduction to the Tong Ren Therapy - Energy Healing Method - discussion (2020-03-16 08:41:04am)