Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Prostatitis
What Patterns Are Related To Prostatitis?
Prostatitis - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of prostatitis generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of prostatitis:Kidney Yang DeficiencyLiver and Gallbladder Damp Heat
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Chinese Herbal Medicines - Teas vs. Prepared Pills/Granules - Researchers Say No Clinical Differences
- Reduction of Insulin Sensitivity from Acupuncture in Diabetes and Obesity
- Laser Acupuncture Found Effective for Simple Weight Loss
- Chinese Herb, Sweetflag Rhizome, Found Protective Against Alzheimer's and Neurodegeneration
- Acupuncture Effective for Chemo Fatigue - 10 Trials With 1327 Patients
- Subsequent Acupuncture Treatments in Horses Yields Increased Improvements
- Increase Your Green Tea Consumption - May Keep Liver Cancer At Bay
- Study Finds Infant Massage Can Lower Bilirubin Levels In Preterm Newborns
- Moxibustion Found Helpful for Knee Osteoarthritis
- Electro-Acupuncture Techniques for Labor Conduction
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Prostatitis?
Prostatitis - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for prostatitis that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with prostatitis:
1 Point Is Empirically Important For Prostatitis
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Prostatitis
The Following (1)Formula TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Prostatitis
Da Huang Mu Dan Pi Wan (Rhubarb and Moutan Combination)
- Breaks up heat, moves blood stagnation and reduces swelling, release through the bowels - appendicitis, lower abdominal distension with pain, intestinal abscesses, hemorrhoids.
- Post surgical infections, particularly in the colon and/or lower warmer.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease.
- Groin pain relieved by flexing hip and without urinary difficulty (but with symptoms similar to a UTI).
- Avoid during pregnancy.
- As this formula will cause looser stools use with caution in deficient and/or elderly patients.
- Used for general appendicitis - avoid in infant appendicitis, or appendicitis with necrosis, peritonitis and/or parasites.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about prostatitis? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums