Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD)
What Is Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD)?
Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) - Basics
Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome (RSD), also known as Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS), is a pain condition with chronic, intense pain that is generally out of proportion to the initial cause (if any) of the pain. Instead of improving symptomatically after a trauma people with RSD/CRPS will continue to experience pain and it may worsen to debilitating states long after the initial cause should have healed.
The symptoms can effects one or both of the arms, legs, hands and/or feet and may spread to include a broader area over time. Principle signs include dramatic changes in the color and temperature of the skin over the affected area, accompanied by intense burning pain, skin sensitivity, sweating, and swelling.
Below you will find complementary and alternative medicine approaches, Chinese Medicine theory, and other information related to the natural/alternative treatment of RSD/CRPS.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Experience Counts in Massage Therapy
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective and Safer for PCOS than Metformin
- Anxiety With Your Visit to the Dentist? Auricular Acupuncture Shown To Help...
- Superficial Japanese Style Needling Compared with TCM Style Electro Acupuncture
- Vitamin E and Selenium Do Not Slow Lung Function Decline - Study Shows
- Acupuncture calms stress and improves immunity in the elderly
- Acupressure for Angina Safer and Similar Effect to Nitroglycerin Tablets
- Parkinson's Disease Yields To Basic Moxibustion Treatment (Study)
- Acupuncture effective in alleviating menstrual cramps (Dysmenorrhea)
- Acupuncture Effective for Chemo Fatigue - 10 Trials With 1327 Patients
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD)?
Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for reflex sympathetic dystrophy (rsd) that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with reflex sympathetic dystrophy (rsd):
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about reflex sympathetic dystrophy (rsd)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Intense itching in the same spot
- issue of urine drops
- Urinary Bladder Wind
- Piriformis syndrome
- Questions about size of needle for ear body face
- Womens Rhythm formula has other effects?
- Should I Switch Acupuncturist?
- Impact of breastfeeding
- SwollenParathyroid glands how to treat them auriculo- Microsystems acupuncture -tong ren modality
- constant migraines