Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD)
What Is Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD)?
Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) - Basics
Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome (RSD), also known as Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS), is a pain condition with chronic, intense pain that is generally out of proportion to the initial cause (if any) of the pain. Instead of improving symptomatically after a trauma people with RSD/CRPS will continue to experience pain and it may worsen to debilitating states long after the initial cause should have healed.
The symptoms can effects one or both of the arms, legs, hands and/or feet and may spread to include a broader area over time. Principle signs include dramatic changes in the color and temperature of the skin over the affected area, accompanied by intense burning pain, skin sensitivity, sweating, and swelling.
Below you will find complementary and alternative medicine approaches, Chinese Medicine theory, and other information related to the natural/alternative treatment of RSD/CRPS.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Meta-Analysis Finds Acupuncture Effective for Sleep Apnea
- Chinese Herbal Formula Found Helpful for Rehumatoid Arthritis Induced Osteoporosis
- Tai Chi for Balance in Elderly Practitioners
- Electroacupuncture Or Moxibustion Promote Sciatic Nerve Regeneration (Back Pain Study)
- Moxibustion More Effective Than Acupuncture for Chronic Fatigue (Study)
- Chinese Herbal Medicines - Teas vs. Prepared Pills/Granules - Researchers Say No Clinical Differences
- Austrian Study Shows Effectiveness of Acupuncture for Endometriosis
- Meta-Analysis Study Finds Acupuncture Effective for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Tai Chi as Therapy for Fibromyalgia, Rheumatic Disease
- Acupuncture effect on ALS (Lou Gehrig's) in animal models
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD)?
Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for reflex sympathetic dystrophy (rsd) that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with reflex sympathetic dystrophy (rsd):
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about reflex sympathetic dystrophy (rsd)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Treatment of sudden death- grief plus shock
- Acupressure points for back pain, blue lips and numbness
- Dong Gua Ren how to use it
- Gluten allergy. Nothing helps :/
- GV 4 (in males under 20)
- Treatment of Myeloma
- What is Moxibustion...
- Leg health, veins
- Questions about cysts, tea pills, and liver enzymes
- Reoccurring Hypoglycemia