Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD)
What Is Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD)?
Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) - Basics
Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome (RSD), also known as Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS), is a pain condition with chronic, intense pain that is generally out of proportion to the initial cause (if any) of the pain. Instead of improving symptomatically after a trauma people with RSD/CRPS will continue to experience pain and it may worsen to debilitating states long after the initial cause should have healed.
The symptoms can effects one or both of the arms, legs, hands and/or feet and may spread to include a broader area over time. Principle signs include dramatic changes in the color and temperature of the skin over the affected area, accompanied by intense burning pain, skin sensitivity, sweating, and swelling.
Below you will find complementary and alternative medicine approaches, Chinese Medicine theory, and other information related to the natural/alternative treatment of RSD/CRPS.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Chinese Herb, Sweetflag Rhizome, Found Protective Against Alzheimer's and Neurodegeneration
- Ashi Point Acupuncture Helpful for Acne
- Bu Zhong Yi Qi Wan - Why It Helps With Chemo Related Fatigue? (Study)
- Meditation Found To Alleviate Migraine Pain Within One 20 Minute Session
- Yi Guan Jian Herbal Formula May Aid Liver Damage
- Coffee, Tea, and Acupuncture for Pain - They May Not Mix
- Tai Chi Improves Cardiovascular Function in CHF patients when added to Endurance Training
- Massage Therapy Benefits for Endurance Athletes
- Acupuncture Modulates the Stress Response
- Tai Chi Improves Psychological Health in College Students (Study)
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD)?
Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for reflex sympathetic dystrophy (rsd) that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with reflex sympathetic dystrophy (rsd):
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about reflex sympathetic dystrophy (rsd)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums