Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD)
What Is Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD)?
Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) - Basics
Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome (RSD), also known as Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS), is a pain condition with chronic, intense pain that is generally out of proportion to the initial cause (if any) of the pain. Instead of improving symptomatically after a trauma people with RSD/CRPS will continue to experience pain and it may worsen to debilitating states long after the initial cause should have healed.
The symptoms can effects one or both of the arms, legs, hands and/or feet and may spread to include a broader area over time. Principle signs include dramatic changes in the color and temperature of the skin over the affected area, accompanied by intense burning pain, skin sensitivity, sweating, and swelling.
Below you will find complementary and alternative medicine approaches, Chinese Medicine theory, and other information related to the natural/alternative treatment of RSD/CRPS.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Needling Multiple Acupuncture Points - Brain Activation More Than The Sum
- Individualized Acupuncture Found Beneficial for Gulf War Illness (Study)
- The Science Behind Lymphatic Massage
- Single Acupuncture Point Found To Suppress Methamphetamine Usage
- Low Testosterone, Depression and the Aging Man - Acupuncture and Moxibustion Helpful (Study)
- Auricular Acupuncture Effective for Insomnia
- Ye Gu Herb (Aeginetia Indica) Found To Have Anti-Cancer Benefits in Kidney/Renal Cancer Disease
- Acupuncture Decreases Pain By 40% Over Nerve Block Alone For Pulpitis (Root Canal)
- Tailored Tai Chi Training Outperformed Traditional Training in Balance and Muscle Strength Measures
- Qigong Shown Helpful For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD)?
Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for reflex sympathetic dystrophy (rsd) that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with reflex sympathetic dystrophy (rsd):
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about reflex sympathetic dystrophy (rsd)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux
- What does the constant feeling of wet feet mean?
- Liu wei huang wan caused spleen/stomach issue
- Itch after moxa at Du 14
- Maintenance Sleep (Insomnia)
- Severe (partially low) back pain/spinal bone spur
- Neurological disorders
- Getting worse after accupressure
- Urgent help! Need guidance on Suo Quan Wan