Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Root Canal
What Is Root Canal?
Root Canal - Basics
A root canal is an oral procedure used to treat inflamed or infected soft tissue inside the root canal of the tooth. During the procedure, a dentist drills the tooth to expose the tissue, called pulp, and extracts the infected pulp. After cleaning the canal, the dentist seals the canal by filling it with a rubber-like material and applying a crown to protect the tooth. If untreated, an infected tooth can lead to an abscess (a collection of infected pus), nerve ending damage or removal of the tooth. Signs of an infected tooth include pain, gun sensitivity near the tooth and swelling.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for a Root Canal.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Root Canal Is Discussed
- Acupuncture Decreases Pain By 40% Over Nerve Block Alone For Pulpitis (Root Canal)
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Study Finds Shu Gan Liang Xue Herbal Formula Has Breast Cancer Anti Tumor Effect
- Tai Chi Found Helpful for Chronic Low Back Pain
- Study Finds Fructus Schisandra Chinensis (Wu Wei Zi) Useful for Cholesterol Reduction
- Electro-Acupuncture Techniques for Labor Conduction
- Chinese Herb, Sweetflag Rhizome, Found Protective Against Alzheimer's and Neurodegeneration
- Acupuncture effect on ALS (Lou Gehrig's) in animal models
- Bu Zhong Yi Qi Wan - Why It Helps With Chemo Related Fatigue? (Study)
- Understanding How Chai Hu Shu Gan Wan Help With Depression in Epilepsy Patients (Study)
- SP 6 Acupuncture Point Effect on Dysmenorrhea (Menstrual Pain/Cramps)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about root canal? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Tinnitus returning after being nearly resolved with acupuncture
- Glaucoma treatment
- Acu point for stomach worms
- Dry eyes advice
- Is the Talc contained in TCM safe?
- Looking for a formula to help with anxiety + insomnia
- Tonifying energies/acupoints in the meridians
- help for lupus sle
- Help please. Dad Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Addisons disease