Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Root Canal
What Is Root Canal?
Root Canal - Basics
A root canal is an oral procedure used to treat inflamed or infected soft tissue inside the root canal of the tooth. During the procedure, a dentist drills the tooth to expose the tissue, called pulp, and extracts the infected pulp. After cleaning the canal, the dentist seals the canal by filling it with a rubber-like material and applying a crown to protect the tooth. If untreated, an infected tooth can lead to an abscess (a collection of infected pus), nerve ending damage or removal of the tooth. Signs of an infected tooth include pain, gun sensitivity near the tooth and swelling.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for a Root Canal.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Root Canal Is Discussed
- Acupuncture Decreases Pain By 40% Over Nerve Block Alone For Pulpitis (Root Canal)
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Coffee, Tea, and Acupuncture for Pain - They May Not Mix
- Tai Chi Found Helpful for Insomnia / Sleep Issues in Older Adults
- Tuina Massage Technique Found Helpful for Depression
- Chinese Herb, Sweetflag Rhizome, Found Protective Against Alzheimer's and Neurodegeneration
- Single Acupuncture Point Found To Suppress Methamphetamine Usage
- Study Finds Acupuncture Bloodletting Superior to Penicillin for Acute Tonsillitis in Children
- Study Finds Shu Gan Liang Xue Herbal Formula Has Breast Cancer Anti Tumor Effect
- Electro-Acupuncture Found Useful for Analgesia During Bone Marrow Biopsy
- Meta-Analysis Finds Acupuncture with Moxibustion Most Effective Treatment for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about root canal? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Gynecomastia treatment
- Shiatsu for Lymphedema on left leg + varicose veins
- Intestinal problem
- Orthostatic hypotension
- Tooth Infection
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux
- What does the constant feeling of wet feet mean?
- Liu wei huang wan caused spleen/stomach issue
- Itch after moxa at Du 14