Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Rosacea
What Is Rosacea?
Rosacea - Basics
Rosacea is a chronic skin disease that causes swelling, flushing, redness, acne and thickened skin on the face, though in rare cases, parts of the upper body are also affected. The condition may also cause inflammation, pain, itching and burning in the eyes.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Rosacea.
What Patterns Are Related To Rosacea?
Rosacea - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of rosacea generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of rosacea:Blood StagnationHeart Blood Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- TCM Formula Gan Mai Da Zao Wan Found Effective for "Several" Mental Health Issues
- Meta-Analysis Study Finds Acupuncture Effective for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Meditation and Pranayama Aids Cardiovascular Function Within a Short Period of Time
- Leonurine (Chinese Motherwort) May Be Helpful For Stroke Recovery
- Warm Acupuncture Found Beneficial for Chronic Lymphedema in Breast Cancer Patients
- Qigong Helpful for Chronic Neck Pain Sufferers
- SP 6 Acupuncture Point Effect on Dysmenorrhea (Menstrual Pain/Cramps)
- Acupuncture as an alternative to an epidural for labor pain (Study)
- Forbidden Points in Pregnancy - Perhaps Not So Forbidden...
- Light Acupuncture at LI 4 Helpful for Infantile Colic
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Rosacea?
Rosacea - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for rosacea that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with rosacea:
The Following (1)Formula TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Rosacea
Fang Feng Tong Sheng Wan (Ledebouriella Pills to Sagely Unblock)
- High fever with aversion to cold.
- Thick phlemg that may be both in sinus and chest.
- Vertigo or dizziness that is caused by excess heat.
- Rashes, carbuncles, and other types of skin disorders that are caused by heat.
- Constipation and scanty or dark urine.
- Contraindicated for pregnancy.
- Use with caution for patients presenting with loose stools or diarrhea.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about rosacea? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Fallopian tubes
- Multiple diagnosis
- Suggestions on how to treat edema of the head and fingers
- Anxiety, neck pain, glands and respiratory problems
- Ocular migraine in TCM
- Acupuncture to rid uterine polyp
- Five Seasons when do the start and when do they end
- Skin problem Fungal
- Night body aches
- Tiger warmer/ lion warmer