Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Rosacea
What Is Rosacea?
Rosacea - Basics
Rosacea is a chronic skin disease that causes swelling, flushing, redness, acne and thickened skin on the face, though in rare cases, parts of the upper body are also affected. The condition may also cause inflammation, pain, itching and burning in the eyes.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Rosacea.
What Patterns Are Related To Rosacea?
Rosacea - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of rosacea generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of rosacea:Blood StagnationHeart Blood Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Tai Chi Improves Psychological Health in College Students (Study)
- Acupuncture, Pricking, and Cupping Effective for Treatment of Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Abdominal Acupuncture for Neck Pain - Zhiyun Bo Techniques (Study)
- The Inner Workings of Herb-Partitioned Moxibustion For Crohn's Disease
- Tong Ren Therapy - Preliminary Research Study
- Zuo Jin Wan Chinese Herbal Formula Found Helpful in Gastric (Stomach) Cancer
- Vitamin E and Selenium Do Not Slow Lung Function Decline - Study Shows
- Increase Your Green Tea Consumption - May Keep Liver Cancer At Bay
- CoQ10 for Children with Down Syndrome - Role of Acupuncture In Inflammatory Markers
- Simple Acupressure Points Reduce Post Operative Pain and Nausea
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Rosacea?
Rosacea - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for rosacea that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with rosacea:
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Rosacea
The Following (1)Formula TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Rosacea
Fang Feng Tong Sheng Wan (Ledebouriella Pills to Sagely Unblock)
- High fever with aversion to cold.
- Thick phlegm that may be both in sinus and chest.
- Vertigo or dizziness that is caused by excess heat.
- Rashes, carbuncles, and other types of skin disorders that are caused by heat.
- Constipation and scanty or dark urine.
- Contraindicated for pregnancy.
- Use with caution for patients presenting with loose stools or diarrhea.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about rosacea? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums