Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Schizophrenia
What Is Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia - Basics
Schizophrenia is a chronic brain disorder that causes an individual to experience visual or auditory hallucinations, such as hearing voices that other people cannot hear; develop delusional thought patterns, such as thinking his or her thoughts are being recorded and transmitted to others; cognitive problems such as difficulty processing or using information; lack of emotional expression; and other symptoms. Onset in men generally occurs in the late teens to early 20s; in women, the early signs of schizophrenia appear in the mid 20s to early 30s.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Schizophrenia.
What Patterns Are Related To Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of schizophrenia generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of schizophrenia:Heart Blood DeficiencyLiver FireLiver Yang RisingPhlegm StagnationShen DisturbanceSpleen Qi Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Schizophrenia Is Discussed
- Yue Ju Wan Herbal Formula Shows Rapid Antidepressant Effect (Study)
- Study Finds Chinese Herbal Formula Yin Chen Hao Tang Protects Liver From Cholestatic Damage
- My Heart Is What? Summertime, Heat and Joy...
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Coffee, Tea, and Acupuncture for Pain - They May Not Mix
- How Acupuncture Helps With Chemo Induced Nausea and Vomiting (Study)
- Study Shows Preventive Acupuncture Better for Dysmenorrhea (Cramps/Painful Menstruation)
- Acupressure on SP 6 found helpful for reducing labor pain
- Study Finds Infant Massage Can Lower Bilirubin Levels In Preterm Newborns
- Abdominal Breathing Technique Helpful for Weight Loss (Obesity)
- Superficial Japanese Style Needling Compared with TCM Style Electro Acupuncture
Which Acupuncture Point Protocols May Be Applied For Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia - Acupuncture Protocols
The treatment of conditions with acupuncture can be a complicated endeavor that should only be undertaken by individuals with a deep understanding of the underlying Chinese Medicine theory (and/or whatever system being used for treatment). There are many approaches, but generally speaking few viable approaches are involved on a point to condition basis. Rather using proper diagnostic procedures the patients diagnostic pattern is ascertained and that is what is treated. The protocols listed here exemplify some of these clinical approaches.
The following acupuncture treatment protocols may be used with schizophrenia:
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Schizophrenia
The Following (1)Formula TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Schizophrenia
Yue Ju Wan (Escape Restraint Pill)
- An important formula for plum pit qi and related issues arising from qi stagnation (from many factors) - an oppressive sensation in the chest and/or diaphgram, gerd, reflux, indigestion, nausea, belching with a fetid odor.
- Gastritis, peptic ulcer disease, intercostal neuralgia, cholecystitis, cholelithiasis.
- Infectious hepatitis.
- Migraines when the underlying factor is that of stagnation.
- Besides a range of digestive issues, the formula may be used for a wide range of psychiatric conditions including depression, schizophrenia, panic disorder, etc. when the underlying factor is chiefly stagnation.
- Generally should be avoided in cases where the issues are arising from predominately deficiency syndromes (weakness, loose stools, no appetite).
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about schizophrenia? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Question on the Liver Meridian
- Yin Channel - Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Cure for dyslexia
- Question regarding pancreas weak
- Unexplained multiple miscarriages
- An Shen Bu Xin formulas
- Common Acupressure Points for Self-Treatment - discussion (2019-08-25 08:29:15am)q
- What can I do for retina detachment? Please help!
- Coconut water warming or cooling?
- Chronic UTI's in elderly women.