Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Scoliosis
What Is Scoliosis?
Scoliosis - Basics
Scoliosis is a condition that causes the spine to curve, commonly in an 'S' or 'C' shape. Typically, the disorder develops in late childhood to early teens, and is found more commonly in girls than boys. Often, there is no known cause of scoliosis (called idiopathic scoliosis). There are two types of curves associated with scoliosis: structural and non-structural. A structural curve is fixed, and can be the result of a birth defect, injury, infection or disease. A non-structural curve is temporary and shows no signs of a compromised spinal structure. Many people with scoliosis don't exhibit any major symptoms, however, some curves worsen over time and cause issues.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Scoliosis.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Zuo Jin Wan Chinese Herbal Formula Found Helpful in Gastric (Stomach) Cancer
- Acupuncture Improves Neural Function in Middle Cerebral Artery Occlusion Rat Model (Stroke Study)
- Acupuncture for Overactive Bladder
- How LI 11 and ST 37 Acupuncture Points Alleviate Constipation
- Moxibustion Found To Suppress Colon Inflammation in Ulcerative Colitis
- Massage Therapy Benefits for Endurance Athletes
- Study Finds Wu Zi Yan Zong Wan Herbal Formula Improves Sperm Production
- Auricular Acupuncture Effective for Insomnia
- Your Own Saliva Better For Wound Healing Than Yunnan Baiyao Alone
- Acupuncture effective for cancer patients with persistent hiccups
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Scoliosis?
Scoliosis - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for scoliosis that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with scoliosis:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about scoliosis? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums