Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Scoliosis
What Is Scoliosis?
Scoliosis - Basics
Scoliosis is a condition that causes the spine to curve, commonly in an 'S' or 'C' shape. Typically, the disorder develops in late childhood to early teens, and is found more commonly in girls than boys. Often, there is no known cause of scoliosis (called idiopathic scoliosis). There are two types of curves associated with scoliosis: structural and non-structural. A structural curve is fixed, and can be the result of a birth defect, injury, infection or disease. A non-structural curve is temporary and shows no signs of a compromised spinal structure. Many people with scoliosis don't exhibit any major symptoms, however, some curves worsen over time and cause issues.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Scoliosis.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupuncture Outperforms Prozac for Fibromyalgia Treatment
- Pulse Diagnosis in Chinese Medicine - Starting A Modern Scientific Method
- Electro-Acupuncture Techniques for Labor Conduction
- Lavender Oil Massage Helpful for Infantile Colic
- TCM Herbal Formula Zeng Ye Tang Found Useful Against Primary Sjogren's Syndrome
- Self Moxibustion Promoted For Use In Military for Myofascial Back Pain
- Brain Changes Involved In Alzheimer's Improve With Acupuncture (Study)
- Massage Therapy Can Lower Blood Pressure
- Meditation Found To Alleviate Migraine Pain Within One 20 Minute Session
- Moxibustion May Aid Crohn's Disease
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Scoliosis?
Scoliosis - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for scoliosis that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with scoliosis:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about scoliosis? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums