Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
What Is Shingles (Herpes Zoster)?
Shingles (Herpes Zoster) - Basics
Shingles is a disease that causes the outbreak of fluid-filled blisters on the skin and/or face. The condition can last one to 14 days, and is caused by the varicella-zoster virus (which also causes chickenpox). After having chickenpox, the virus lies dormant in the body and can reappear years later as shingles. Symptoms begin as a burning or tingling sensation in a specific area on one side of the body and progress to a region of blisters that cause itching and pain that can range from mild to intense.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Shingles.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupuncture effect on ALS (Lou Gehrig's) in animal models
- Exploration of KD 3 Acupuncture Point - Brain Changes (Study)
- Study Explores Beneficial Effects of Popular Chinese Herbal Formula on Diabetic Retinopathy
- Why Does Acupuncture Help Depression? - Researchers Find It Regulates Zinc and Copper Levels
- Acupuncture for Tinnitus - Study Shows Positive Results
- Qigong Found Effective for Tinnitus
- One More Reason To Eat Your Veggies: Significant Leukemia Risk Reduction
- Ye Gu Herb (Aeginetia Indica) Found To Have Anti-Cancer Benefits in Kidney/Renal Cancer Disease
- Abdominal Breathing Technique Helpful for Weight Loss (Obesity)
- Research Shows Stronger Tendon from Acupuncture For Achilles Rupture.
Which Acupuncture Point Protocols May Be Applied For Shingles (Herpes Zoster)?
Shingles (Herpes Zoster) - Acupuncture Protocols
The treatment of conditions with acupuncture can be a complicated endeavor that should only be undertaken by individuals with a deep understanding of the underlying Chinese Medicine theory (and/or whatever system being used for treatment). There are many approaches, but generally speaking few viable approaches are involved on a point to condition basis. Rather using proper diagnostic procedures the patients diagnostic pattern is ascertained and that is what is treated. The protocols listed here exemplify some of these clinical approaches.
The following acupuncture treatment protocols may be used with shingles (herpes zoster):
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Shingles (Herpes Zoster)?
Shingles (Herpes Zoster) - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for shingles (herpes zoster) that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with shingles (herpes zoster):
1 Point Is Empirically Important For Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about shingles (herpes zoster)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums