Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Shoulder Pain
What Is Shoulder Pain?
Shoulder Pain - Basics
Shoulder pain can be the symptom of several different injuries or conditions. These can include Adhesive Capsulitis (limited range of movement due to a shoulder injury), a strain or fracture (due to an injury or overexertion), tendinitis (inflammation of the tendons inside the shoulder), and others.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Shoulder Pain Is Discussed
- Acupuncture vs. Xanax for Insomnia - Study Finds Acupuncture Nearly Twice As Effective Long-Term
- Arm and Hand Acupressure Points
- Head, Scalp and Shoulder Acupressure Points
- Introduction to Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine
- Insights Into How Acupuncture Works - Brachial Artery Changes From Acupuncture
- Acupuncture Integration Into Mainstream Healthcare in Australia
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Successful Long Term Treatment of HIV/AIDS with Only Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Commonly Used Chinese Herbal Medicine for Lupus - Lab Analysis
- Study Finds Acupuncture with Bloodletting Superior To Claritin (Loratadine) For Hives (Chronic Urticaria)
- Your Own Saliva Better For Wound Healing Than Yunnan Baiyao Alone
27 Points Are Empirically Important For Shoulder Pain
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Shoulder Pain
The Following (5)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Shoulder Pain
Chai Hu Gui Zhi Tang Wan (Bupleurum and Cinnamon Twig Decoction)
- A combination of gui zhi tang and xiao chai hu tang - together they work with both taiyang and shaoyang syndromes - common colds and flu, fever, chills, joint pain, nausea, abdominal/epigastric distention. Neuralgias from wind invasions - trigeminal neuralgia, frozen shoulder, etc.
- With the right underlying factors also useful for a range of middle jiao issues such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, cholecystitis, gastric ulcers, pancreatitis, appendicitis.
Ge Gen Wan (Kudzu Decoction)
- Wind-cold invasion with upper neck and back pain - cold or flu, mild fever, no sweating, stiffness.
- Avoid with fever.
- Due to having ephedra use caution in patients with hypertension, panic disorder, insomnia, etc.
Huang Qi Gui Zhi Wu Wu Wan (Astragalus and Cinnamon Twig Five Herb Decoction)
- Common with blood deficient patterns for dispersing interior cold, xue bi, (blood painful obstruction), generally manifesting as numbness of the extremities. With the appropriate underlying patterns - shoulder pain, neck pain, knee pain.
- Diabetic neuropathy, peripheral neuropathy, polyneuropathy, conditions such as raynaud's with the right underlying factors, frostbite.
- Facial paralysis, post-stroke recovery.
- Restless leg syndrome.
- Certain cardiovascular issues, heart disease.
Shen Tong Zhu Yu Wan (Remove Stagnant Blood from a Painful Body Pills)
- Qi and Blood stagnation blocking the channels and collaterals - pain in the extremities, shoulder pain, elbow pain, leg pain.
- With the right underlying patterns - possibly useful for fibromyalgia, complex regional pain syndrome, etc.
- Arthritic conditions - rheumatoid, neuralgia.
- Avoid during pregnancy.
Yan Hu Suo Zhi Tong Wan (Corydalis Powder)
- Pain of all types from qi and blood stagnation - often combined with other more systemic formulas based on the individual. Pain and inflammation from acute trauma, generalized aches and pains or more chronic issues. The formula has an analgesic affect on pain and is mild enough to be used for chronic conditions.
- As it disperses wind-cold, also useful for muscle aches with the common cold.
- Avoid during pregnancy.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about shoulder pain? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums