Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Skin Cancer
What Is Skin Cancer?
Skin Cancer - Basics
Skin cancer occurs when extra skin cells amass to form a malignant tumor. The two most common forms of skin cancer are basal cell skin cancer and squamous cell skin cancer, which both occur in areas of skin that are exposed to sun such as the face, head, arms and hands. Basal cell skin cancer occurs most commonly on the face and develops gradually. Squamous cell skin cancer not only occurs in places exposed to the sun, but also other parts of the body. While basal cell skin cancer generally does not metastasize, squamous cell skin cancer can spread to the lymph nodes and organs. Risk factors for skin cancer include exposure to UV radiation or arsenic, family history of skin cancer, certain medications or conditions that inhibit the immune system, chronic skin inflammation and others.
Another common, yet more serious, form of skin cancer is Melanoma, which begins in melanocytes (the cells that produce skin pigment). This form of cancer can develop not only in the skin, but also in the eye, lymph nodes, digestive tract, and other parts of the body that contain melanocytes. Risk factors for Melanoma include having fair skin, an excessive number of moles on the body, history of skin cancer, exposure to UV radiation, history of severe sunburns, the presence of abnormal moles called dysplastic nevi and others.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for skin cancer.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Auricular and Body Acupuncture Both Lower Preoperative Anxiety
- Research Shows Stronger Tendon from Acupuncture For Achilles Rupture.
- Tong Ren Therapy - Preliminary Research Study
- Study Shows Improvements in Mood from Meditation
- Study Explores Anti-Asthmatic Effects Of Moxibustion
- Acupuncture for Insomnia - Mechanisms Explored
- Study Finds Xiao Yao Wan Useful for Indigestion With Depression in Perimenopausal Women
- Study Finds Long Term Tai Chi Practice Keeps You Smart
- Integrated Amrita Meditation Technique Lowers Stress Hormones Cortisol and Adrenaline
- Moxibustion Found Helpful for Knee Osteoarthritis
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Skin Cancer?
Skin Cancer - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for skin cancer that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with skin cancer:
1 Point Is Empirically Important For Skin Cancer
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about skin cancer? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Neuropathy blend
- Chinese Medicine Lifestyle And Herbal Approaches To The Coronavirus - discussion (2020-03-26 03:26:29am)
- CTEPH-Chronic clots causing pulmonary hypertension
- Compromised immune system
- Purulent tooth root
- Iron Deficiency or Iron Overload
- Chronic Vaginal Discharge
- About Spleen 4 for cold feet and Yang
- Introduction to the Tong Ren Therapy - Energy Healing Method - discussion (2020-03-16 08:41:04am)
- Emphysema healed