Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Skin Problems (Rash)
What Is Skin Problems (Rash)?
Skin Problems (Rash) - Basics
A rash is a form of skin irritation that appears when the body reacts to something an individual touches (contact dermatitis) or to a condition that causes skin inflammation. Irritants can include plants such as poison oak or ivy, cosmetics, certain fabrics or chemicals. A wide range of medical conditions can also cause skin inflammation including chickenpox, shingles, rosacea, psoriasis, eczema, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus and others.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for skin problems.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupuncture Treatment Helpful for Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Study Finds Yin Qiao Helpful and Safe for Children To Drop Fever
- Abdominal Breathing Technique Helpful for Weight Loss (Obesity)
- Want To Avoid Another Stroke? Utilize Acupuncture... (Study)
- Meta-Analysis Finds Acupuncture with Moxibustion Most Effective Treatment for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Acupuncture Shows Benefit for Arthritis in the Knees
- Study Shows Improvements in Mood from Meditation
- Acupuncture and Moxibustion Outperform Medicine (Acitretin - Soriatane) for Psoriasis
- Simple Acupressure Points Reduce Post Operative Pain and Nausea
- Auricular and Body Acupuncture Both Lower Preoperative Anxiety
4 Points Are Empirically Important For Skin Problems (Rash)
10 TCM Herbs Are Potentially Used With Skin Problems (Rash)
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Skin Problems (Rash)
The Following (3)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Skin Problems (Rash)
Fu Fang Qing Dai Wan (Indigo Combo Pills)
- Itching, rashes, general skin irritation especially of the type that moves around or is intermittent.
- Insect bites, allergic contact dermatitis, poison ivy/oak/sumac, sun burn.
- Do not use for damp heat skin conditions such as boils or carbuncle.
Huang Lian Jie Du Wan (Coptis Decoction To Relieve Toxicity)
- Clears fire toxins (damp heat, toxic heat, fire) from all three jiaos - formula has an antibiotic function which has a broad range of uses in conditions arising from damp heat in the body. Acute bacterial infections, dystentary, fever (of unknown origin), acute bronchitis, acute conjunctivitis, UTI.
- Hypertension when it arises from fire/toxic heat.
- A range of skin issues - boils, acne, mastitis, pyogenic skin infections, gingivitis.
- Disorders of the middle jiao - hepatitis (particularly acute infectious), jaundice, H-pylori, gastritis.
- Arrest bleeding in reckless bleeding from heat.
- Gu syndrome conditions with the right underyling factors - IBS, Lyme, other inflammatory conditions.
- Generally only used for acute situations, rarely taken for longer than 15-20 days. For longer use watch for signs of damage to the spleen system in TCM terms.
- Avoid in patients with Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency. G6PD is an inherited condition usually occurring in males, more commonly in those of African and Mediterranean descent. Triggers include infections, stress, fava beans, aspirin, and other drugs. When symptoms are triggered, they include fever, dark urine, abdominal and back pain, fatigue, and pale skin. Most people recover in a few days without treatment, but avoiding relapses is important.
Xiao Feng Wan (Clear Wind Pill)
- Itchy and red skin lesions, possibly with weeping -psoriasis, eczema, acne, etc.
- Topical allergic response, dermatitis -poison ivy, oak, sumac.
- Acute [allergic] edema in the limbs.
- Use with caution with patients that present with yin and or blood deficiency.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about skin problems (rash)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Neuropathy blend
- Chinese Medicine Lifestyle And Herbal Approaches To The Coronavirus - discussion (2020-03-26 03:26:29am)
- CTEPH-Chronic clots causing pulmonary hypertension
- Compromised immune system
- Purulent tooth root
- Iron Deficiency or Iron Overload
- Chronic Vaginal Discharge
- About Spleen 4 for cold feet and Yang
- Introduction to the Tong Ren Therapy - Energy Healing Method - discussion (2020-03-16 08:41:04am)
- Emphysema healed