Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Skin Problems (Rash)
What Is Skin Problems (Rash)?
Skin Problems (Rash) - Basics
A rash is a form of skin irritation that appears when the body reacts to something an individual touches (contact dermatitis) or to a condition that causes skin inflammation. Irritants can include plants such as poison oak or ivy, cosmetics, certain fabrics or chemicals. A wide range of medical conditions can also cause skin inflammation including chickenpox, shingles, rosacea, psoriasis, eczema, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus and others.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for skin problems.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupressure at SP 6 or GB 21 Decreases Anxiety and Increases Maternal Attachment
- Tai Chi Improves Lung Function in COPD Practitioners
- Acupuncture Outperforms Flunarizine for Migraine Prevention
- Study Finds Fructus Schisandra Chinensis (Wu Wei Zi) Useful for Cholesterol Reduction
- Do The Effects of Acupuncture For Chronic Pain Last? (Yes, Study Says)
- Austrian Study Shows Effectiveness of Acupuncture for Endometriosis
- Acupressure at LI 4 Helps to Reduce Labor Pain
- You Gui Wan Herbal Formula May Offer Alternative to Hormone Replacement Therapy After Oophorectomy
- Brain Changes Involved In Alzheimer's Improve With Acupuncture (Study)
- Parkinson's Disease Yields To Basic Moxibustion Treatment (Study)
4 Points Are Empirically Important For Skin Problems (Rash)
10 TCM Herbs Are Potentially Used With Skin Problems (Rash)
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Skin Problems (Rash)
The Following (3)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Skin Problems (Rash)
Fu Fang Qing Dai Wan (Indigo Combo Pills)
- Itching, rashes, general skin irritation especially of the type that moves around or is intermittent.
- Insect bites, allergic contact dermatitis, poison ivy/oak/sumac, sun burn.
- Do not use for damp heat skin conditions such as boils or carbuncle.
Huang Lian Jie Du Wan (Coptis Decoction To Relieve Toxicity)
- Clears fire toxins (damp heat, toxic heat, fire) from all three jiaos - formula has an antibiotic function which has a broad range of uses in conditions arising from damp heat in the body. Acute bacterial infections, dystentary, fever (of unknown origin), acute bronchitis, acute conjunctivitis, UTI.
- Hypertension when it arises from fire/toxic heat.
- A range of skin issues - boils, acne, mastitis, pyogenic skin infections, gingivitis.
- Disorders of the middle jiao - hepatitis (particularly acute infectious), jaundice, H-pylori, gastritis.
- Arrest bleeding in reckless bleeding from heat.
- Gu syndrome conditions with the right underyling factors - IBS, Lyme, other inflammatory conditions.
- Generally only used for acute situations, rarely taken for longer than 15-20 days. For longer use watch for signs of damage to the spleen system in TCM terms.
- Avoid in patients with Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency. G6PD is an inherited condition usually occurring in males, more commonly in those of African and Mediterranean descent. Triggers include infections, stress, fava beans, aspirin, and other drugs. When symptoms are triggered, they include fever, dark urine, abdominal and back pain, fatigue, and pale skin. Most people recover in a few days without treatment, but avoiding relapses is important.
Xiao Feng Wan (Clear Wind Pill)
- Itchy and red skin lesions, possibly with weeping -psoriasis, eczema, acne, etc.
- Topical allergic response, dermatitis -poison ivy, oak, sumac.
- Acute [allergic] edema in the limbs.
- Use with caution with patients that present with yin and or blood deficiency.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about skin problems (rash)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Question on the Liver Meridian
- Yin Channel - Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Cure for dyslexia
- Question regarding pancreas weak
- Unexplained multiple miscarriages
- An Shen Bu Xin formulas
- Common Acupressure Points for Self-Treatment - discussion (2019-08-25 08:29:15am)q
- What can I do for retina detachment? Please help!
- Coconut water warming or cooling?
- Chronic UTI's in elderly women.