Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Sleep Disorders (Sleep Apnea)
What Is Sleep Disorders (Sleep Apnea)?
Sleep Disorders (Sleep Apnea) - Basics
Sleep disorders are conditions that cause an individual to experience poor quality or a lack of sleep. These disorders include insomnia, narcolepsy, sleep apnea and restless legs syndrome.
Insomnia is a condition characterized by difficulty falling or staying asleep, causing fatigue and sleepiness. Narcolepsy is a neurological disorder that prevents the brain from distinguishing sleep-wake cycles. This causes an individual to have urges to sleep throughout the day. When a narcoleptic person submits to the urge, he/she can fall asleep for seconds or minutes at a time.
Sleep Apnea is a chronic condition characterized by periods of shallow breathing or pauses in breath during sleep. Sleep Apnea is categorized as either obstructive or central. Obstructive sleep apnea occurs when the airway collapses or is blocked during sleep. Central sleep apnea is a neurological condition in which the brain doesn't send the proper signals to the breathing muscles. People with Restless Legs Syndrome experience unpleasant creeping or tingling sensations and discomfort in the legs while lying down.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for sleep disorders.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupuncture with Metformin for Diabetes and Obesity Better Than Metformin Alone (Study)
- TCM Herbal Formula Zeng Ye Tang Found Useful Against Primary Sjogren's Syndrome
- Randomized Controlled Clinical Trial Finds Acupuncture Superior to Medication for Treatment of Migraines
- Qigong Found Effective for Tinnitus
- Tai Chi Improves Psychological Health in College Students (Study)
- Acupuncture Anesthesia Research
- Tai Chi Improves Lung Function in COPD Practitioners
- Electro-Acupuncture vs. Regular Acupuncture for Insomnia with Major Depressive Disorder
- Forbidden Points in Pregnancy - Perhaps Not So Forbidden...
- Successful Long Term Treatment of HIV/AIDS with Only Chinese Herbal Medicine
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Sleep Disorders (Sleep Apnea)?
Sleep Disorders (Sleep Apnea) - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for sleep disorders (sleep apnea) that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with sleep disorders (sleep apnea):
1 Point Is Empirically Important For Sleep Disorders (Sleep Apnea)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about sleep disorders (sleep apnea)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux
- What does the constant feeling of wet feet mean?
- Liu wei huang wan caused spleen/stomach issue
- Itch after moxa at Du 14
- Maintenance Sleep (Insomnia)
- Severe (partially low) back pain/spinal bone spur
- Neurological disorders
- Getting worse after accupressure
- Urgent help! Need guidance on Suo Quan Wan