Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Spinal Stenosis
What Is Spinal Stenosis?
Spinal Stenosis - Basics
Spinal Stenosis is characterized by the narrowing of the spine, occurring in one or more of the following areas: the canal through which nerves branch out from the spine; the spaces between vertebrae; and the canal that runs through the spinal column, containing the spinal cord and nerve roots.
Generally occurring in men and women over age 50, the condition can be the result of the thickening and calcification of the ligaments that support the spine, a factor that increases with age. Bones can also become enlarged with age, which can cause the spine to narrow. Degenerative conditions such as osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis can also lead to spinal stenosis. People who have experienced a spinal injury or who have a condition such as scoliosis are also at risk for developing spinal stenosis. Symptoms of spinal stenosis include back and/or neck pain, pain that radiates down the leg(s), numbness or tingling sensations in the leg(s) and foot issues.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Spinal Stenosis.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Spinal Stenosis Is Discussed
- A Different Approach to Low Back Pain
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Animal Study Shows Promise for TCM Herbal Treatment of Diabetes (Yi Qi Zeng Min Tang)
- Yi Guan Jian Herbal Formula May Aid Liver Damage
- The Inner Workings of Herb-Partitioned Moxibustion For Crohn's Disease
- Simple Dietary Switch for Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease Proves Helpful (Study)
- Musical Gongs and Xiao Yao Wan Herbs May Help Liver Qi Stagnation and Spleen Qi Deficiency
- How Acupuncture Helps With Chemo Induced Nausea and Vomiting (Study)
- Moxibustion May Be Helpful for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Common Chinese Herbal Formula Effective Against Post-Op Delirium
- Ye Gu Herb (Aeginetia Indica) Found To Have Anti-Cancer Benefits in Kidney/Renal Cancer Disease
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Spinal Stenosis?
Spinal Stenosis - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for spinal stenosis that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with spinal stenosis:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about spinal stenosis? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums