Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Stuttering
What Is Stuttering?
Stuttering - Basics
Stuttering is a type of speech disorder in which the normal flow of speech is interrupted by the repetition or delayed pronunciation of words, syllables and sounds. The severity of stuttering can vary throughout the day depending on the situation, and may be accompanied by behaviors such as lip tremors or rapid blinking. The two major types of stuttering are developmental and neurogenic. Developmental stuttering occurs in young children who are still developing language and speech skills. Neurogenic stuttering is the result of a breakdown of communication between the brain and the nerves or muscles, often the result of stroke or other type of brain injury.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for stuttering.
What Patterns Are Related To Stuttering?
Stuttering - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of stuttering generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of stuttering:Heart Yin DeficiencyLiver WindPhlegm Misting the Heart
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Stuttering Is Discussed
- My Heart Is What? Summertime, Heat and Joy...
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Yunnan Baiyao Herbal Formula Found Helpful for Colitis / Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Zuo Jin Wan Chinese Herbal Formula Found Helpful in Gastric (Stomach) Cancer
- Study Finds Acupuncture 94.8% Effective for Fibromyalgia Pain Symptoms
- Qing Dai Herb Found To Counter GI Problems from NSAID Use
- The Science Behind Lymphatic Massage
- Acupuncture found to improve recovery of patients with heart failure
- Electro-Acupuncture Found Useful for Analgesia During Bone Marrow Biopsy
- Electro-Acupuncture vs. Regular Acupuncture for Insomnia with Major Depressive Disorder
- Acupuncture Effective for Fibromyalgia - Pain Modulators Improved For Months Following Treatments
3 Points Are Empirically Important For Stuttering
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about stuttering? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums