Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Sweaty Palms (Hyperhidrosis)
What Is Sweaty Palms (Hyperhidrosis)?
Sweaty Palms (Hyperhidrosis) - Basics
Hyperhidrosis is a condition in which the body overproduces sweat, even in cool environments. Excessive sweating that occurs on the feet, armpits, or hands and has no clear cause is termed primary hyperhidrosis. Secondary Hyperhidrosis occurs as a symptom of another medical issue and can affect other parts of the body. Some medical conditions linked to hyperhidrosis include hyperthyroidism, cancer, heart disease and anxiety disorders, to name a few.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for sweaty palms.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Moxibustion May Aid Crohn's Disease
- Research Shows Stronger Tendon from Acupuncture For Achilles Rupture.
- Tai Chi Improves Cardiovascular Function in CHF patients when added to Endurance Training
- Study Finds Tai Chi Reduces Depression and Anxiety Symptoms
- Tong Ren Therapy - Preliminary Research Study
- Meditation Aids Focus and Brain Function
- Acupuncture effective for Temporomandibular Disorders
- Acupuncture for Parkinson's Disease - Mechanisms Explored, Safer Than Rapamycin
- Three Widely Used Formulas for Cardiac Fibrosis Compared (Study)
- Acupuncture Integration Into Mainstream Healthcare in Australia
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Sweaty Palms (Hyperhidrosis)?
Sweaty Palms (Hyperhidrosis) - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for sweaty palms (hyperhidrosis) that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with sweaty palms (hyperhidrosis):
4 Points Are Empirically Important For Sweaty Palms (Hyperhidrosis)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about sweaty palms (hyperhidrosis)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums