Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
What Is Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)?
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) - Basics
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) is a type of autoimmune disease that causes the body's tissues to become inflamed. SLE occurs when the body's immune system attacks parts of the body, including the joints, lungs, heart, kidneys and brain. Lupus causes range of symptoms that vary from person to person, however common symptoms include fatigue, unexplained fever, rash and inflammation of the joints. Other symptoms include hair loss, kidney issues, mouth ulcers, sun sensitivity, chest pain and swollen glands. Severity of these symptoms and others can range from mild to extreme, depending upon the individual. Lupus appears in flares, or periods when symptoms are at their peak. These periods are followed by remissions, characterized by wellness.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Systemic Lupus Erythematosus.
What Patterns Are Related To Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)?
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of systemic lupus erythematosus (sle) generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of systemic lupus erythematosus (sle):Heart Blood DeficiencyHeart Qi DeficiencyHeart Yin DeficiencyKidney Yang DeficiencyLiver Qi StagnationLung Qi DeficiencyLung Yin DeficiencySpleen Qi DeficiencySpleen Yang DeficiencyStomach Qi DeficiencyStomach Yin Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) Is Discussed
- The Science Behind Lymphatic Massage
- Commonly Used Chinese Herbal Medicine for Lupus - Lab Analysis
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Study Finds Fructus Schisandra Chinensis (Wu Wei Zi) Useful for Cholesterol Reduction
- Increase Your Green Tea Consumption - May Keep Liver Cancer At Bay
- Western Chemo Actions Aided by Shi Quan Da Bu Wan Herbal Formula for Gastrointestinal Cancers
- Ye Gu Herb (Aeginetia Indica) Found To Have Anti-Cancer Benefits in Kidney/Renal Cancer Disease
- Acupuncture Used to Regain Homeostasis in Acute Cardiac Cases
- How You Can Prevent Cancer With Diet and Lifestyle Change
- Study Finds Shu Gan Liang Xue Herbal Formula Has Breast Cancer Anti Tumor Effect
- Acupuncture helpful for pain from disc herniations in paraplegic dogs
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
The Following (1)Formula TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
Ren Shen Yang Rong Wan (Ginseng Decoction to Nourish the Nutritive Qi)
- Tonifies both qi and blood and nourishes the heart and calms the spirit - generally used for weakness from longer term or deep diseases such as cancer and for a host of other conditions affecting a broad range of the body and psyche such as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and autoimmune conditions such as Lupus, Scleroderma, MCTD.
- May be used alone or in conjunction with a formula such as yu ping feng wan to enhance immunity - particularly in patients with frequent colds and flus.
- Raynaud's condition in addition to the other connective tissue issues listed above.
- Micturition syncope, nephritis, cancers of the genitourinary tract.
- Male infertility, possibly with Gui Zhi Fu Ling Wan, for sperm volume and motility issues.
- Along with other immune benefits, hepatitis C.
- Lung cancer.
- Use with caution or seek an alternative in deficiency cases with very pronounced sensations of coldness. Part of this is due to the relatively neutral (i.e. non warming) aspects of this formula.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about systemic lupus erythematosus (sle)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Interaction with Simvastatin 40 mg - Te Xiao Bi Min Gan Wan
- Can you please let me know how to treat the Gynacomastia issues
- Please suggest Accupuncture points for ring worm
- Venous prolapse will call heavy legs in tcm terms
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Urethrocele in Water CF
- Bells palsy herbs
- Numbness throughout entire body
- Removing Blockages
- acupuncture points for hair loss