Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
What Is Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)?
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) - Basics
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) is a type of autoimmune disease that causes the body's tissues to become inflamed. SLE occurs when the body's immune system attacks parts of the body, including the joints, lungs, heart, kidneys and brain. Lupus causes range of symptoms that vary from person to person, however common symptoms include fatigue, unexplained fever, rash and inflammation of the joints. Other symptoms include hair loss, kidney issues, mouth ulcers, sun sensitivity, chest pain and swollen glands. Severity of these symptoms and others can range from mild to extreme, depending upon the individual. Lupus appears in flares, or periods when symptoms are at their peak. These periods are followed by remissions, characterized by wellness.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Systemic Lupus Erythematosus.
What Patterns Are Related To Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)?
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of systemic lupus erythematosus (sle) generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of systemic lupus erythematosus (sle):Heart Blood DeficiencyHeart Qi DeficiencyHeart Yin DeficiencyKidney Yang DeficiencyLiver Qi StagnationLung Qi DeficiencyLung Yin DeficiencySpleen Qi DeficiencySpleen Yang DeficiencyStomach Qi DeficiencyStomach Yin Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) Is Discussed
- The Science Behind Lymphatic Massage
- Commonly Used Chinese Herbal Medicine for Lupus - Lab Analysis
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- PC 6 Aids Short Term Stress Induced Memory Loss
- Popular Chinese Herbal Formula Found To Aid Chronic Liver Disease
- Tai Chi Improves Cardiovascular Function in CHF patients when added to Endurance Training
- Acupuncture for Overactive Bladder
- Plum Blossom Needling and Cupping for Facial Palsy/Bell's Palsy Superior to Laser Irradiation
- How Acupuncture Helps With Chemo Induced Nausea and Vomiting (Study)
- Double Blind Study Finds Dang Gui Wan Effective For Menopausal Symptoms (Hot Flashes, Nightsweats)
- Qigong Shown Helpful For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
The Following (1)Formula TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
Ren Shen Yang Rong Wan (Ginseng Decoction to Nourish the Nutritive Qi)
- Tonifies both qi and blood and nourishes the heart and calms the spirit - generally used for weakness from longer term or deep diseases such as cancer and for a host of other conditions affecting a broad range of the body and psyche such as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and autoimmune conditions such as Lupus, Scleroderma, MCTD.
- May be used alone or in conjunction with a formula such as yu ping feng wan to enhance immunity - particularly in patients with frequent colds and flus.
- Raynaud's condition in addition to the other connective tissue issues listed above.
- Micturition syncope, nephritis, cancers of the genitourinary tract.
- Male infertility, possibly with Gui Zhi Fu Ling Wan, for sperm volume and motility issues.
- Along with other immune benefits, hepatitis C.
- Lung cancer.
- Use with caution or seek an alternative in deficiency cases with very pronounced sensations of coldness. Part of this is due to the relatively neutral (i.e. non warming) aspects of this formula.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about systemic lupus erythematosus (sle)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums