Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Tennis Elbow
What Is Tennis Elbow?
Tennis Elbow - Basics
Tennis Elbow is the term used to describe the inflammation of the outer elbow tendon, which is a common injury among tennis players. This inflammation, called tendinitis, is generally the result of a repeated injury or stress to a particular tendon over time that results in pain and swelling around the joint. Although called tennis elbow, tendinitis of the outer elbow tendon can occur in any individual who turns his/her wrist or grips an object repetitively. This is often seen in gardeners, carpenters, golfers, dentists and musicians.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for tennis elbow.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Tennis Elbow Is Discussed
- Basic Tools In The Treatment Of Sports Injuries With Acupuncture
- Acupuncture with Moxibustion Helps BPH (Study)
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Comparison of Acupuncture Techniques in Stroke Recovery
- Chinese Herbal Medicines - Teas vs. Prepared Pills/Granules - Researchers Say No Clinical Differences
- Vitamin E and Selenium Do Not Slow Lung Function Decline - Study Shows
- Acupressure at LI 11 May Reduce Itching and Skin Changes With Atopic Dermatitis
- Knocking Seasonal Allergies Out With Acupuncture
- Study Illustrates How Electroacupuncture Promotes Healing Of A Bruised Calf Muscle
- Three Widely Used Formulas for Cardiac Fibrosis Compared (Study)
- Moxibustion May Aid Crohn's Disease
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Tennis Elbow?
Tennis Elbow - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for tennis elbow that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with tennis elbow:
6 Points Are Empirically Important For Tennis Elbow
The Following (1)Formula TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Tennis Elbow
Die Da Wan (Trauma Healing Pill)
Useful for many types of traumatic injuries, broken bones, sprains, fractures, etc. anywhere in the body. Also useful for fixed abdominal masses, ulcerations, sciatica, arthritis, pelvic inflammatory disease and angina among others.
In the case of traumatic injury the tongue and pulse may hold less clinical significance, for other conditions the Pulse may be wiry and the Tongue may be darker or show darkness in specific areas.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about tennis elbow? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Neuropathy blend
- Chinese Medicine Lifestyle And Herbal Approaches To The Coronavirus - discussion (2020-03-26 03:26:29am)
- CTEPH-Chronic clots causing pulmonary hypertension
- Compromised immune system
- Purulent tooth root
- Iron Deficiency or Iron Overload
- Chronic Vaginal Discharge
- About Spleen 4 for cold feet and Yang
- Introduction to the Tong Ren Therapy - Energy Healing Method - discussion (2020-03-16 08:41:04am)
- Emphysema healed