Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Thyroid Problems
What Is Thyroid Problems?
Thyroid Problems - Basics
The thyroid gland produces two hormones, triiodothyronine and thyroxine, which are carried through the bloodstream and affect weight, metabolism, skin moisture levels, breathing, brain development, menstruation, cholesterol, muscle strength and other essential functions. Hypothyroidism occurs when there is not enough of these hormones, causing an individual to experience fatigue, hair thinning, weight gain, constipation, depression, joint and muscle pain, heavy menstrual cycles, cold intolerance and slowed heart rate.
Hyperthyroidism occurs when the thyroid gland produces too much thyroid hormone. This condition can lead to weight loss, irritability, hand tremors, mood swings, fatigue, and other symptoms. Other factors that can lead to thyroid problems are an enlarged thyroid gland (called a goiter) which can cause discomfort in the neck; and the presence of thyroid nodules, a tissue growth that forms in the gland. A condition called Hashimoto's Disease is another type of thyroid condition, which occurs when the body's immune system attacks the thyroid gland, causing chronic inflammation.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for thyroid problems.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Thyroid Problems Is Discussed
- What Does Acupuncture Treat? Or Treating The “Cause” And Not The “Symptoms”...
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- How You Can Prevent Cancer With Diet and Lifestyle Change
- Acupuncture Back Shu Points Found Effective for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- LV 3 Acupuncture Point May Be Helpful for Alcoholic Liver Injury
- You Gui Wan Herbal Formula May Offer Alternative to Hormone Replacement Therapy After Oophorectomy
- Acupuncture for Tinnitus - Study Shows Positive Results
- Acupuncture Anesthesia Research
- Coffee, Tea, and Acupuncture for Pain - They May Not Mix
- Zuo Jin Wan Chinese Herbal Formula Found Helpful in Gastric (Stomach) Cancer
- What Is Your Definition of Health?
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Thyroid Problems?
Thyroid Problems - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for thyroid problems that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with thyroid problems:
1 Point Is Empirically Important For Thyroid Problems
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about thyroid problems? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums