Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Thyroiditis
What Patterns Are Related To Thyroiditis?
Thyroiditis - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of thyroiditis generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of thyroiditis:Liver FireLiver and Gallbladder Damp HeatSpleen Yang Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- What Is Your Definition of Health?
- Animal Study Shows Promise for TCM Herbal Treatment of Diabetes (Yi Qi Zeng Min Tang)
- Acupuncture Outperforms Flunarizine for Migraine Prevention
- Meditation Aids Focus and Brain Function
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective and Safer for PCOS than Metformin
- Moxibustion Found Helpful for Knee Osteoarthritis
- Acupuncture for Overactive Bladder
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective For Premature Ovarian Failure
- Exploring the "how" of acupuncture - infrared radiation spectrum to illustrate point activity
- Reduction of Insulin Sensitivity from Acupuncture in Diabetes and Obesity
3 Points Are Empirically Important For Thyroiditis
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Thyroiditis
The Following (2)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Thyroiditis
Er Chen Wan (Two Aged Herbs)
- The primary base formula to resolve phlegm damp, particularly in the lungs and GI system - cough (with white mucus), plugged ears, sinus blockage - along with GI symptoms of nausea, vomiting.
- Upper respiratory tract infections, bronchitis, emphysema, COPD - when arising from phlegm damp.
- Phlegm accumulation in the head symptoms such as dizziness, insomnia, meniere's disease, alcohol hangover.
- Cysts from phlegm accumulation - fibroids, breast cyst, ovarian cyst, thryoid cysts, goiter.
- Avoid in patients with yin deficiency - i.e. cough from dryness.
Nei Xiao Luo Li Wan (Internally Reducing Cervical Lymphadenitis Pills)
- Phlegm obstructions - generally benign masses, lumps, swellings such as lymph nodules, breast cysts, thyroid nodules, goiter, ovarian cysts, fibroids, etc.
- If used, it may often be combined with deeper formulas for the more systemic underlying pattern.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about thyroiditis? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Treatment of sudden death- grief plus shock
- Acupressure points for back pain, blue lips and numbness
- Dong Gua Ren how to use it
- Gluten allergy. Nothing helps :/
- GV 4 (in males under 20)
- Treatment of Myeloma
- What is Moxibustion...
- Leg health, veins
- Questions about cysts, tea pills, and liver enzymes
- Reoccurring Hypoglycemia