Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Thyroiditis
What Patterns Are Related To Thyroiditis?
Thyroiditis - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of thyroiditis generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of thyroiditis:Liver FireLiver and Gallbladder Damp HeatSpleen Yang Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Quality of Life Improvements from Acupuncture with Musculoskeletal Complaints
- Acupuncture with Moxibustion Helps BPH (Study)
- Individualized Acupuncture Found Beneficial for Gulf War Illness (Study)
- Parkinson's Disease Yields To Basic Moxibustion Treatment (Study)
- Comparison of Acupuncture Techniques in Stroke Recovery
- Acupuncture for Parkinson's Disease - Mechanisms Explored, Safer Than Rapamycin
- Analysis of TCM Herbal Formula Xian Fang Huo Ming Yin for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Double Blind Study Finds Dang Gui Wan Effective For Menopausal Symptoms (Hot Flashes, Nightsweats)
- Tai Chi Found Helpful for Chronic Low Back Pain
- CoQ10 for Children with Down Syndrome - Role of Acupuncture In Inflammatory Markers
3 Points Are Empirically Important For Thyroiditis
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Thyroiditis
The Following (2)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Thyroiditis
Er Chen Wan (Two Aged Herbs)
- The primary base formula to resolve phlegm damp, particularly in the lungs and GI system - cough (with white mucus), plugged ears, sinus blockage - along with GI symptoms of nausea, vomiting.
- Upper respiratory tract infections, bronchitis, emphysema, COPD - when arising from phlegm damp.
- Phlegm accumulation in the head symptoms such as dizziness, insomnia, meniere's disease, alcohol hangover.
- Cysts from phlegm accumulation - fibroids, breast cyst, ovarian cyst, thryoid cysts, goiter.
- Avoid in patients with yin deficiency - i.e. cough from dryness.
Nei Xiao Luo Li Wan (Internally Reducing Cervical Lymphadenitis Pills)
- Phlegm obstructions - generally benign masses, lumps, swellings such as lymph nodules, breast cysts, thyroid nodules, goiter, ovarian cysts, fibroids, etc.
- If used, it may often be combined with deeper formulas for the more systemic underlying pattern.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about thyroiditis? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Intense itching in the same spot
- issue of urine drops
- Urinary Bladder Wind
- Piriformis syndrome
- Questions about size of needle for ear body face
- Womens Rhythm formula has other effects?
- Should I Switch Acupuncturist?
- Impact of breastfeeding
- SwollenParathyroid glands how to treat them auriculo- Microsystems acupuncture -tong ren modality
- constant migraines