Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Thyroiditis
What Patterns Are Related To Thyroiditis?
Thyroiditis - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of thyroiditis generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of thyroiditis:Liver FireLiver and Gallbladder Damp HeatSpleen Yang Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Randomized Controlled Clinical Trial Finds Acupuncture Superior to Medication for Treatment of Migraines
- Acupuncture Accelerates Recovery from General Anesthesia
- TCM Formula Gan Mai Da Zao Wan Found Effective for "Several" Mental Health Issues
- Tai Chi Shows Health Benefits for Cancer Patients (Post-Treatment)
- Tuina (Chinese Medical Massage) May Improve Symptoms of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Acupressure on SP 6 effective for Menstrual Cramps
- Exploring the "how" of acupuncture - infrared radiation spectrum to illustrate point activity
- Austrian Study Shows Effectiveness of Acupuncture for Endometriosis
- Acupuncture with Metformin for Diabetes and Obesity Better Than Metformin Alone (Study)
- Analysis of TCM Herbal Formula Xian Fang Huo Ming Yin for Rheumatoid Arthritis
3 Points Are Empirically Important For Thyroiditis
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Thyroiditis
The Following (2)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Thyroiditis
Er Chen Wan (Two Aged Herbs)
- The primary base formula to resolve phlegm damp, particularly in the lungs and GI system - cough (with white mucus), plugged ears, sinus blockage - along with GI symptoms of nausea, vomiting.
- Upper respiratory tract infections, bronchitis, emphysema, COPD - when arising from phlegm damp.
- Phlegm accumulation in the head symptoms such as dizziness, insomnia, meniere's disease, alcohol hangover.
- Cysts from phlegm accumulation - fibroids, breast cyst, ovarian cyst, thryoid cysts, goiter.
- Avoid in patients with yin deficiency - i.e. cough from dryness.
Nei Xiao Luo Li Wan (Internally Reducing Cervical Lymphadenitis Pills)
- Phlegm obstructions - generally benign masses, lumps, swellings such as lymph nodules, breast cysts, thyroid nodules, goiter, ovarian cysts, fibroids, etc.
- If used, it may often be combined with deeper formulas for the more systemic underlying pattern.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about thyroiditis? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux
- What does the constant feeling of wet feet mean?
- Liu wei huang wan caused spleen/stomach issue
- Itch after moxa at Du 14
- Maintenance Sleep (Insomnia)
- Severe (partially low) back pain/spinal bone spur
- Neurological disorders
- Getting worse after accupressure
- Urgent help! Need guidance on Suo Quan Wan