Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Thyroiditis
What Patterns Are Related To Thyroiditis?
Thyroiditis - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of thyroiditis generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of thyroiditis:Liver FireLiver and Gallbladder Damp HeatSpleen Yang Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Moxibustion Effectively Treats Perimenopause Symptoms - Lower Cancer Risk compared with HRT (Study)
- Acupuncture calms stress and improves immunity in the elderly
- Acupuncture Used to Regain Homeostasis in Acute Cardiac Cases
- Electro-Acupuncture Found Useful for Analgesia During Bone Marrow Biopsy
- Chinese Herbal Medicines - Teas vs. Prepared Pills/Granules - Researchers Say No Clinical Differences
- How Acupuncture Helps With Chemo Induced Nausea and Vomiting (Study)
- Single Acupuncture Point Found To Suppress Methamphetamine Usage
- Individualized Acupuncture Found Beneficial for Gulf War Illness (Study)
- Research - Benefits of Jiang Tang Wan Herbal Formula for Diabetes with Exercise & Meta-analysis
- Analysis of TCM Herbal Formula Xian Fang Huo Ming Yin for Rheumatoid Arthritis
3 Points Are Empirically Important For Thyroiditis
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Thyroiditis
The Following (2)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Thyroiditis
Er Chen Wan (Two Aged Herbs)
- The primary base formula to resolve phlegm damp, particularly in the lungs and GI system - cough (with white mucus), plugged ears, sinus blockage - along with GI symptoms of nausea, vomiting.
- Upper respiratory tract infections, bronchitis, emphysema, COPD - when arising from phlegm damp.
- Phlegm accumulation in the head symptoms such as dizziness, insomnia, meniere's disease, alcohol hangover.
- Cysts from phlegm accumulation - fibroids, breast cyst, ovarian cyst, thryoid cysts, goiter.
- Avoid in patients with yin deficiency - i.e. cough from dryness.
Nei Xiao Luo Li Wan (Internally Reducing Cervical Lymphadenitis Pills)
- Phlegm obstructions - generally benign masses, lumps, swellings such as lymph nodules, breast cysts, thyroid nodules, goiter, ovarian cysts, fibroids, etc.
- If used, it may often be combined with deeper formulas for the more systemic underlying pattern.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about thyroiditis? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums