Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Thyroiditis
What Patterns Are Related To Thyroiditis?
Thyroiditis - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of thyroiditis generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of thyroiditis:Liver FireLiver and Gallbladder Damp HeatSpleen Yang Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Study Finds Wu Mei Wan Herbal Formula Protects Pancreatic Beta Cells in Diabetes
- Study Finds Fructus Schisandra Chinensis (Wu Wei Zi) Useful for Cholesterol Reduction
- Bu Zhong Yi Qi Wan - Why It Helps With Chemo Related Fatigue? (Study)
- Tongue Diagnosis - Study Explores Changes During Menstruation
- Study Find Electro-Acupuncture May Slow And Possibly Rebuild Degenerative Disc Disease
- Self Moxibustion Promoted For Use In Military for Myofascial Back Pain
- Acupressure at LI 11 May Reduce Itching and Skin Changes With Atopic Dermatitis
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective For Premature Ovarian Failure
- Coffee, Tea, and Acupuncture for Pain - They May Not Mix
- Anxiety With Your Visit to the Dentist? Auricular Acupuncture Shown To Help...
3 Points Are Empirically Important For Thyroiditis
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Thyroiditis
The Following (2)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Thyroiditis
Er Chen Wan (Two Aged Herbs)
- The primary base formula to resolve phlegm damp, particularly in the lungs and GI system - cough (with white mucus), plugged ears, sinus blockage - along with GI symptoms of nausea, vomiting.
- Upper respiratory tract infections, bronchitis, emphysema, COPD - when arising from phlegm damp.
- Phlegm accumulation in the head symptoms such as dizziness, insomnia, meniere's disease, alcohol hangover.
- Cysts from phlegm accumulation - fibroids, breast cyst, ovarian cyst, thryoid cysts, goiter.
- Avoid in patients with yin deficiency - i.e. cough from dryness.
Nei Xiao Luo Li Wan (Internally Reducing Cervical Lymphadenitis Pills)
- Phlegm obstructions - generally benign masses, lumps, swellings such as lymph nodules, breast cysts, thyroid nodules, goiter, ovarian cysts, fibroids, etc.
- If used, it may often be combined with deeper formulas for the more systemic underlying pattern.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about thyroiditis? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums