Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Tremor
What Is Tremor?
Tremor - Basics
Tremor is an involuntary, to-and-fro movement of one or more muscles in the body. Commonly occurring in the hands, tremor can also affect the vocal cords, head, face, arms, legs and trunk. Essential tremor is the most common form, and generally affects adults age 40 and older. Other forms of tremor include Dystonic tremor, which causes twisted movement and painful positions, and Parkinsonian tremor, which is caused by damage to the area of the brain that controls movement.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Tremor.
What Patterns Are Related To Tremor?
Tremor - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of tremor generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of tremor:Kidney Yin DeficiencyLiver WindLiver Yin DeficiencyLiver and Gallbladder Damp Heat
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Tremor Is Discussed
- Acupuncture Treatment For Parkinson's Disease with Tuina and Tong Ren Therapy
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupuncture found to improve recovery of patients with heart failure
- Why Does Acupuncture Help Depression? - Researchers Find It Regulates Zinc and Copper Levels
- Tai Chi as Therapy for Fibromyalgia, Rheumatic Disease
- Experience Counts in Massage Therapy
- Three Widely Used Formulas for Cardiac Fibrosis Compared (Study)
- Thought Field Therapy (TFT) Found Useful for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Study Finds Tai Chi Helpful for Parkinson's Disease
- Tai Chi Found To Reduce Fatigue in Patients Undergoing Chemotherapy
- Acupuncture Provides Neuroprotective Effects Against Vascular Dementia
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Tremor?
Tremor - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for tremor that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with tremor:
1 Point Is Empirically Important For Tremor
1 TCM Herb Are Potentially Used With Tremor
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about tremor? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums