Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Tuberculosis
What Patterns Are Related To Tuberculosis?
Tuberculosis - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of tuberculosis generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of tuberculosis:Kidney Yin DeficiencyLung Yin DeficiencySpleen Qi Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Tai Chi Found To Slow Early Parkinson's Progression Delaying Need For Levodopa
- Acupuncture calms stress and improves immunity in the elderly
- Simple Dietary Switch for Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease Proves Helpful (Study)
- Tai Chi Improves Lung Function in COPD Practitioners
- Abdominal Acupuncture for Neck Pain - Zhiyun Bo Techniques (Study)
- Mindfulness Training Aids Teacher Stress
- Want To Avoid Another Stroke? Utilize Acupuncture... (Study)
- Acupuncture for Insomnia - Mechanisms Explored
- Study Finds Wu Zi Yan Zong Wan Herbal Formula Improves Sperm Production
- Chinese Herbal Medicines - Teas vs. Prepared Pills/Granules - Researchers Say No Clinical Differences
1 Point Is Empirically Important For Tuberculosis
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Tuberculosis
The Following (2)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Tuberculosis
Bu Fei Er Jiao Wan (Tonify the Lungs Formula with Gelatin)
- Lung yin deficiency with strong heat signs and/or bleeding - chronic dry cough, wheezing, pneumonia, bronchitis, asthma, tuberculosis, COPD.
- Stops bleeding when it arises from lung yin deficiency - mild bloody sputum with dry cough.
- Avoid in patients with wind-cold (i.e. "common cold").
- Avoid when there are profuse amounts of blood in the sputum.
- Avoid, or use with caution, in patients with stomach and/or spleen deficiencies, particularly with phlegm accumulation.
Qing Fei Wan (Clear The Lungs Decoction)
- Clears heat and phlegm and replenishes lung yin - chronic cough, generally with thicker yellow mucus, sore throat.
- With the right factors aspiration pneumonia, pneumonia, bronchitis, tuberculosis, bronchiectasis.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about tuberculosis? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums