Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Ulcers
What Is Ulcers?
Ulcers - Basics
An ulcer is a sore that appears in the lining of the stomach or the beginning of the small intestine, called the duodenum. Symptoms include a burning pain in the stomach, weight loss, loss of appetite, vomiting, nausea and bloating. The most common cause of ulcers is a germ called helicobacter pylori, which can be transmitted through mouth-to-mouth contact or ingestion of contaminated food or water. The second most common cause of an ulcer is the long-term use of NSAIDs, such as Aleve or Bayer.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for ulcers.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Ulcers Is Discussed
- Pigu Fasting Theory
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- How You Can Prevent Cancer With Diet and Lifestyle Change
- Researchers Find Acupuncture Outperforms Topamax for Migraines
- Understanding How Chai Hu Shu Gan Wan Help With Depression in Epilepsy Patients (Study)
- Insights Into How Acupuncture Works - Brachial Artery Changes From Acupuncture
- Acupressure at LI 4 Helps to Reduce Labor Pain
- Acupuncture Outperforms Glucosamine HCL over the Long-Term for Knee Osteoarthritis
- Study Finds Acupressure at LV 3 Useful for Primary Dysmenorrhea (Menstrual Cramps)
- Acupressure at LI 11 May Reduce Itching and Skin Changes With Atopic Dermatitis
- What Is Your Definition of Health?
2 TCM Herbs Are Potentially Used With Ulcers
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Ulcers
The Following (2)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Ulcers
Ban Xia Xie Xin Wan (Pinellia Drain Epigastrium Pills)
- Distension and fullness of the epigastrium usually without pain.
- Borborygmus (gurgling sounds), and diarrhea if spleen qi is affected.
- Vomiting with possible dry heaves due to rebellious stomach qi.
Do not use for epigastric distention due to food stagnation. Use with caution if patient has yin deficiency.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about ulcers? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux
- What does the constant feeling of wet feet mean?
- Liu wei huang wan caused spleen/stomach issue
- Itch after moxa at Du 14
- Maintenance Sleep (Insomnia)
- Severe (partially low) back pain/spinal bone spur
- Neurological disorders
- Getting worse after accupressure
- Urgent help! Need guidance on Suo Quan Wan