Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
What Is Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)?
Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) - Basics
A urinary tract infection (UTI) occurs when a bacteria enters the urinary tract and causes infection. This can occur in any organ of the urinary tract, which is comprised of the kidneys, bladder, prostate (in men), ureter and urethra. Symptoms of a UTI include frequent urges to urinate, pain or burning when urinating, back pain, abdominal pain and cloudy or dark urine.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Urinary Tract Infection.
What Patterns Are Related To Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)?
Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of urinary tract infection (uti) generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of urinary tract infection (uti):Bladder Damp HeatLiver and Gallbladder Damp Heat
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Study Finds Long Term Tai Chi Practice Keeps You Smart
- Study Finds Acupressure at LV 3 Useful for Primary Dysmenorrhea (Menstrual Cramps)
- Study Finds Wu Mei Wan Herbal Formula Protects Pancreatic Beta Cells in Diabetes
- Study Finds Electroacupuncture Leads To Stronger Changes Than Standard Acupuncture in Stroke Rehabilitation
- You Gui Wan Herbal Formula May Offer Alternative to Hormone Replacement Therapy After Oophorectomy
- Moxibustion Effectively Treats Perimenopause Symptoms - Lower Cancer Risk compared with HRT (Study)
- Electroacupuncture Or Moxibustion Promote Sciatic Nerve Regeneration (Back Pain Study)
- Abdominal Acupuncture for Neck Pain - Zhiyun Bo Techniques (Study)
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective for Chronic Tinnitus
- Basic Mineral and Vitamin Supplements Could Limit Covid-19 Progression (Study)
3 Points Are Empirically Important For Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
The Following (6)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
Ba Wei Dai Xia Fang (Eight Herb Powder for Vaginal Discharge)
- Clearing damp heat in the lower warmer, particularly with underlying blood deficiency - vaginal disharge, vaginal itching, vaginal inflammation along with constipation, possibly anemia, low back pain, and/or abdominal pain. Leukorrhea may be yellow, white or red.
- Gonorrhea, syphilis.
Ba Zheng Wan (Eight Herb Powder for Rectification)
- Painful urination when it arises from damp heat syndrome - urinary tract infections, leukorrhea, cystitis.
- Prostatitis when from damp heat.
- Generally not for long-term use as it can lead to deficiency.
- Avoid during pregnancy.
Bi Xie Fen Qing Yin Wan (Dioscorea Formula To Separate The Clear)
- Generally for painful urination issues (gao lin) that arises from kidney yang deficiency.
- With related kidney yang deficiency pattern - chronic urinary tract infections, leukorrhea, vaginal thrush.
- Chronic prostatitis, particularly with white and cloudy urine.
- Avoid in cases arising from bladder damp heat - ba zheng wan or san jin wan would likely be better.
Huang Lian Shang Qing Wan (Coptis Clearance Pill)
- Dispels wind heat, clear toxic heat - generally used short-term for inflammatory conditions of the face, mouth, head - sore throat, conjunctivitis, acne, swollen gums.
- Can be a supportive formula for liver fire conditions resulting in headache, tinnitus, dizziness, vertigo.
- A range of yang ming heat issues - constipation, halitosis, gingivitis.
Li Niao Pai Shi Wan (Water Stone Removal Pill)
- Useful for a range of calcifications/stones - kidney stones, bladder stones, ureter stones and when the underlying pathology is appropriate gallstones. Generally involves collections of damp heat in the lower warmer.
- Besides stones, symptoms may range from small volumes of urination, pain with urination, urgency, itching and/or pain in the groin generally.
San Jin Wan (Triple Gold Pills)
- Painful/burning or diffulty urination possibly with increased urgency due to damp heat accumulation.
- Dark or scanty urine.
- Urinary stones.
- Urinary tract infection.
- Contraindicated during pregnancy.
- Not suitable for long term use.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about urinary tract infection (uti)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- bechet's disease
- Fibrosis Pulmonary
- Vagul Nervous system.
- Question about Shipping to EU
- Shen Tong Zhu Yu Availability
- Help for PoTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome)
- acupuncture used to decrease opioids in bariatric surgery
- Blood stasis in uterus and legs / herbal formula
- recurring boils
- Female senior , Ovaries , as / if related to Brain Health