Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Varicose Veins
What Is Varicose Veins?
Varicose Veins - Basics
Varicose veins occur when valves that control the flow of blood through the veins become weak, causing blood to pool inside the vein. This causes the blood vessel to swell and contort, becoming visible just beneath the skin's surface. Varicose veins commonly form in the legs, with symptoms including veins that can be seen through the skin, leg cramps, mild swelling of the ankles or feet, discoloration of the skin where the vein is located and itching in the affected area. Some risk factors for varicose veins are being overweight, prolonged periods of immobility, family history and aging.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for varicose veins.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Individualized Acupuncture Found Beneficial for Gulf War Illness (Study)
- Tai Chi Found To Slow Early Parkinson's Progression Delaying Need For Levodopa
- The Inner Workings of Herb-Partitioned Moxibustion For Crohn's Disease
- Study Finds Red Yeast Rice Lowers Risk Of Developing Diabetes
- Do Men and Women Respond Differently To Acupuncture? And What Does It Mean?
- Bloodletting Found Effective For Migraines - no not "that" bloodletting...
- Study Explores Anti-Asthmatic Effects Of Moxibustion
- Lack Of Sunlight May Promote Development Of Metabolic Syndrome
- Research Shows Acupuncture Can Benefit Both Cognitive Performance and Neural Plasticity
- Subsequent Acupuncture Treatments in Horses Yields Increased Improvements
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about varicose veins? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Blood stasis in uterus and legs / herbal formula
- recurring boils
- Female senior , Ovaries , as / if related to Brain Health
- Im an acupuncture student
- Meridian Pen / Electronic Acupoint Massager with Laser/ Electronic Acupuncture Tendon Retractor Rod
- Cold and Thirst at night
- My Spleen is Weak
- Excess body heat
- Help with Covid Symptoms
- Help for Nasal Polyps