Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Varicose Veins
What Is Varicose Veins?
Varicose Veins - Basics
Varicose veins occur when valves that control the flow of blood through the veins become weak, causing blood to pool inside the vein. This causes the blood vessel to swell and contort, becoming visible just beneath the skin's surface. Varicose veins commonly form in the legs, with symptoms including veins that can be seen through the skin, leg cramps, mild swelling of the ankles or feet, discoloration of the skin where the vein is located and itching in the affected area. Some risk factors for varicose veins are being overweight, prolonged periods of immobility, family history and aging.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for varicose veins.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Successful Long Term Treatment of HIV/AIDS with Only Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Acupuncture Shown To Be More Cost Effective, and Effective Overall, than NSAIDS for Chronic Low Back Pain
- Study Finds Shu Gan Liang Xue Herbal Formula Has Breast Cancer Anti Tumor Effect
- Acupuncture calms stress and improves immunity in the elderly
- Tai Chi Shown To Be Helpful In Alleviating Type 2 Diabetes with Neuropathy
- Senobi Breathing Stretch May Reduce Need for Emergency Asthma Treatment
- Tong Ren Therapy - Preliminary Research Study
- Auricular Acupressure Found Helpful for Glaucoma
- Zuo Jin Wan Chinese Herbal Formula Found Helpful in Gastric (Stomach) Cancer
- How Acupuncture Helps With Chemo Induced Nausea and Vomiting (Study)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about varicose veins? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Treatment of sudden death- grief plus shock
- Acupressure points for back pain, blue lips and numbness
- Dong Gua Ren how to use it
- Gluten allergy. Nothing helps :/
- GV 4 (in males under 20)
- Treatment of Myeloma
- What is Moxibustion...
- Leg health, veins
- Questions about cysts, tea pills, and liver enzymes
- Reoccurring Hypoglycemia