Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Varicose Veins
What Is Varicose Veins?
Varicose Veins - Basics
Varicose veins occur when valves that control the flow of blood through the veins become weak, causing blood to pool inside the vein. This causes the blood vessel to swell and contort, becoming visible just beneath the skin's surface. Varicose veins commonly form in the legs, with symptoms including veins that can be seen through the skin, leg cramps, mild swelling of the ankles or feet, discoloration of the skin where the vein is located and itching in the affected area. Some risk factors for varicose veins are being overweight, prolonged periods of immobility, family history and aging.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for varicose veins.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Tai Chi Improves Psychological Health in College Students (Study)
- Study Finds Yin Qiao Helpful and Safe for Children To Drop Fever
- Acupuncture Outperforms Flunarizine for Migraine Prevention
- Get That Baby Out! - with acupressure... at home... (Study)
- Parkinson's Disease Yields To Basic Moxibustion Treatment (Study)
- Acupuncture and Moxibustion Outperform Medicine (Acitretin - Soriatane) for Psoriasis
- Brain Changes Involved In Alzheimer's Improve With Acupuncture (Study)
- Acupuncture Treatment Helpful for Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Electro Acupuncture Helpful to Reduce Post-Operative Pain Following Spinal Surgery
- Chinese Herb Da Ji - Thistle - Found To Have Strong Beneficial Effects in Type I Diabetes
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about varicose veins? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums