Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Vertigo
What Is Vertigo?
Vertigo - Basics
Vertigo, or dizziness, is the sensation of spinning or unsteadiness. This sensation can be mild and last for a few moments, or can be debilitating and the sign of a larger health issue.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for dizziness.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Vertigo Is Discussed
- Awakening a Child From a Vegetative State with Xing Nao Kai Qiao Acupuncture
- Understanding How Chai Hu Shu Gan Wan Help With Depression in Epilepsy Patients (Study)
- Three Widely Used Formulas for Cardiac Fibrosis Compared (Study)
- My Kidneys Are What?
- Sleep Links To Blood Pressure - Theory and Acupuncture Treatment of Insomnia and Hypertension
- The Yin and Yang of Our Diets
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Meditation Aids Focus and Brain Function
- Study Finds Acupuncture Has Anti-Depressant Effects Similar to Fluoxetine (Prozac)
- Study Finds Wu Mei Wan Herbal Formula Protects Pancreatic Beta Cells in Diabetes
- Meditation Found To Alleviate Migraine Pain Within One 20 Minute Session
Which Acupuncture Point Protocols May Be Applied For Vertigo?
Vertigo - Acupuncture Protocols
The treatment of conditions with acupuncture can be a complicated endeavor that should only be undertaken by individuals with a deep understanding of the underlying Chinese Medicine theory (and/or whatever system being used for treatment). There are many approaches, but generally speaking few viable approaches are involved on a point to condition basis. Rather using proper diagnostic procedures the patients diagnostic pattern is ascertained and that is what is treated. The protocols listed here exemplify some of these clinical approaches.
The following acupuncture treatment protocols may be used with vertigo:
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Vertigo?
Vertigo - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for vertigo that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with vertigo:
3 TCM Herbs Are Potentially Used With Vertigo
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Vertigo
The Following (2)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Vertigo
Ban Xia Bai Zhu Tian Ma Wan (Pinellia, Atractylodis and Gastrodia Combination)
- Nausea with possible vomitting from combination of damp with liver qi stagnation causing rebellious qi.
- Dizziness, migraines, and vertigo from damp and liver wind rising.
- Heavy or oppressed sensation of the chest.
This formula should not be used to treat dizziness or vertigo due to liver yang rising patterns.
Suan Zao Ren Wan (Sour Jujube Decoction)
- Shen related issues when arising from liver blood deficiency - anxiety, insomnia.
- Menopausal heat contributing to sleep and/or anxiety issues.
- Palpitations, night sweats, and general dryness.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about vertigo? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- bechet's disease
- Fibrosis Pulmonary
- Vagul Nervous system.
- Question about Shipping to EU
- Shen Tong Zhu Yu Availability
- Help for PoTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome)
- acupuncture used to decrease opioids in bariatric surgery
- Blood stasis in uterus and legs / herbal formula
- recurring boils
- Female senior , Ovaries , as / if related to Brain Health