Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Wheezing (Dyspnea)
What Patterns Are Related To Wheezing (Dyspnea)?
Wheezing (Dyspnea) - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of wheezing (dyspnea) generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of wheezing (dyspnea):Kidney Qi DeficiencyLung Dampness - Phlegm ColdLung Dampness - Phlegm HeatLung DrynessLung Qi DeficiencyLung Wind Invasion - Wind ColdLung Wind Invasion - Wind HeatSpleen Qi Deficiency
11 Points Are Empirically Important For Wheezing (Dyspnea)
4 TCM Herbs Are Potentially Used With Wheezing (Dyspnea)
The Following (2)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Wheezing (Dyspnea)
Bu Fei Er Jiao Wan (Tonify the Lungs Formula with Gelatin)
- Lung yin deficiency with strong heat signs and/or bleeding - chronic dry cough, wheezing, pneumonia, bronchitis, asthma, tuberculosis, COPD.
- Stops bleeding when it arises from lung yin deficiency - mild bloody sputum with dry cough.
- Avoid in patients with wind-cold (i.e. "common cold").
- Avoid when there are profuse amounts of blood in the sputum.
- Avoid, or use with caution, in patients with stomach and/or spleen deficiencies, particularly with phlegm accumulation.
Sha Shen Mai Dong Wan (Glehnia and Ophiopogonis Decoction)
- Important formula for stomach yin deficiency - benefits the stomach and the lungs - a range of digestive issues (gastritis, epigastric pain), possibly with dry throat, thirst and/or cough.
- Diabetes - particularly with signs of dryness.
- A range of lung related issues - lung cancer, pneumonia, cough/wheezing.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about wheezing (dyspnea)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- What is the uses of weizhong point in bladder meridian?
- Can acupuncture cause hair loss?
- Diarrhea and cramping on empty stomach
- Nasal drainage abnormal?
- Pelvis and lower lumbar pain
- Bone Spurs Feet
- Air in abdomen around CV4/5
- How to treat breast lumps in acupuncture
- Chinese pronunciation
- Pancreatic Carcinoma treatment in TCM