Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Whiplash
What Is Whiplash?
Whiplash - Basics
Whiplash is an injury to the soft tissue surrounding the cervical spine and is characterized by a group of symptoms related to neck strain. These include neck stiffness and pain, headache, dizziness, memory loss, difficulty concentrating, fatigue, tingling or pricking sensation in the extremities and shoulder pain. Whiplash is the result of a sudden extension or shifting of the neck, and is often associated with an automobile accident. Symptoms of whiplash can last from a couple of weeks to months; however, in some cases the pain and associated headaches can reoccur.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Whiplash.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Bloodletting Found Effective For Migraines - no not "that" bloodletting...
- Acupuncture Effective for Chemo Fatigue - 10 Trials With 1327 Patients
- Qigong Helpful for Chronic Neck Pain Sufferers
- Study Finds Acupuncture Bloodletting Superior to Penicillin for Acute Tonsillitis in Children
- Acupuncture Faster with Less Side Effects Than Prozac for Post-Stroke Depression (Study)
- Meditation and Pranayama Aids Cardiovascular Function Within a Short Period of Time
- Moxibustion Found Helpful for Knee Osteoarthritis
- Tai Chi Found To Reduce Fatigue in Patients Undergoing Chemotherapy
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective for Chronic Tinnitus
- Acupuncture Outperforms Prozac for Fibromyalgia Treatment
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Whiplash?
Whiplash - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for whiplash that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with whiplash:
1 Point Is Empirically Important For Whiplash
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about whiplash? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums