Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Whiplash
What Is Whiplash?
Whiplash - Basics
Whiplash is an injury to the soft tissue surrounding the cervical spine and is characterized by a group of symptoms related to neck strain. These include neck stiffness and pain, headache, dizziness, memory loss, difficulty concentrating, fatigue, tingling or pricking sensation in the extremities and shoulder pain. Whiplash is the result of a sudden extension or shifting of the neck, and is often associated with an automobile accident. Symptoms of whiplash can last from a couple of weeks to months; however, in some cases the pain and associated headaches can reoccur.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Whiplash.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Senobi Breathing Stretch May Reduce Need for Emergency Asthma Treatment
- Acupressure Found Helpful for Mild Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Tailored Tai Chi Training Outperformed Traditional Training in Balance and Muscle Strength Measures
- Individualized Acupuncture Found Beneficial for Gulf War Illness (Study)
- Common Chinese Herbal Formula Effective Against Post-Op Delirium
- Need Focus and Impulse Control? - Practice Tai Chi
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective for Chronic Tinnitus
- Austrian Study Shows Effectiveness of Acupuncture for Endometriosis
- Study Finds Acupuncture Superior To Claritin For Allergic Rhinitis
- Acupuncture Outperforms Prozac for Fibromyalgia Treatment
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Whiplash?
Whiplash - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for whiplash that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with whiplash:
1 Point Is Empirically Important For Whiplash
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about whiplash? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux
- What does the constant feeling of wet feet mean?
- Liu wei huang wan caused spleen/stomach issue
- Itch after moxa at Du 14
- Maintenance Sleep (Insomnia)
- Severe (partially low) back pain/spinal bone spur
- Neurological disorders
- Getting worse after accupressure
- Urgent help! Need guidance on Suo Quan Wan