Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Wrist Pain
What Is Wrist Pain?
Wrist Pain - Basics
Wrist pain can be caused by an injury, carpal tunnel syndrome or a disease that affects the joints. These diseases include gout and arthritis, among others. Gout occurs when there is an excessive amount of uric acid, which builds up in the body forming deposits in joints and/or soft tissues. Arthritis is a rheumatic disease that causes stiffness and pain in the joints, and may be accompanied by inflammation, redness and swelling.
Another common cause of wrist problems is carpal tunnel syndrome, which is caused by the compression of the median nerve (which spans the forearm to the hand) near the wrist. Symptoms of CTS include aching, burning, tingling and pain that limit the function of the joint. Injuries such as a broken bone, tendinitis, bursitis and sprain can also cause wrist pain.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Wrist Pain.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Meta Analysis Finds Acupuncture Superior to Medicine for Optic Nerve Atrophy
- Acupuncture for Spinal Cord Injury
- Study Finds Auricular Acupressure Superior to Massage Therapy for Geriatric Dementia Patients
- Tuina Massage Technique Found Helpful for Depression
- Researchers Find Acupuncture Outperforms Topamax for Migraines
- Meditation Aids Focus and Brain Function
- Eight Brocades Qigong Eases Cancer Related Fatigue
- The Inner Workings of Herb-Partitioned Moxibustion For Crohn's Disease
- Study Finds Tai Chi Helpful for Parkinson's Disease
- Plum Blossom Needling and Cupping for Facial Palsy/Bell's Palsy Superior to Laser Irradiation
5 Points Are Empirically Important For Wrist Pain
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Wrist Pain
The Following (2)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Wrist Pain
Xi Guan Jie Bi Tong Wan (Knee Joint Pain Relief)
- Arthritis from damp heat in Chinese Medicine terms.
- Knee issues with kidney and liver systems involvement.
- Lower body pain and/or inflammation - hips, knees, ankles, toes especially when the pain moves around due to interior wind.
- Connective tissue disorders.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about wrist pain? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums