Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Wrist Pain
What Is Wrist Pain?
Wrist Pain - Basics
Wrist pain can be caused by an injury, carpal tunnel syndrome or a disease that affects the joints. These diseases include gout and arthritis, among others. Gout occurs when there is an excessive amount of uric acid, which builds up in the body forming deposits in joints and/or soft tissues. Arthritis is a rheumatic disease that causes stiffness and pain in the joints, and may be accompanied by inflammation, redness and swelling.
Another common cause of wrist problems is carpal tunnel syndrome, which is caused by the compression of the median nerve (which spans the forearm to the hand) near the wrist. Symptoms of CTS include aching, burning, tingling and pain that limit the function of the joint. Injuries such as a broken bone, tendinitis, bursitis and sprain can also cause wrist pain.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Wrist Pain.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Tai Chi Found To Reduce Fatigue in Patients Undergoing Chemotherapy
- Analysis of TCM Herbal Formula Xian Fang Huo Ming Yin for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Acupuncture vs. Xanax for Insomnia - Study Finds Acupuncture Nearly Twice As Effective Long-Term
- Acupuncture Decreases Pain By 40% Over Nerve Block Alone For Pulpitis (Root Canal)
- Animal Study Shows Promise for TCM Herbal Treatment of Diabetes (Yi Qi Zeng Min Tang)
- Acupuncture Injections With Enercel May Help ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease)
- Acupuncture effective for cancer patients with persistent hiccups
- Study Finds Infant Massage Can Lower Bilirubin Levels In Preterm Newborns
- Polygonum Multiflorum (He Shou Wu) Shows Beneficial Effect on Alzheimers Disease
- Acupuncture Provides Neuroprotective Effects Against Vascular Dementia
5 Points Are Empirically Important For Wrist Pain
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Wrist Pain
The Following (2)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Wrist Pain
Xi Guan Jie Bi Tong Wan (Knee Joint Pain Relief)
- Arthritis from damp heat in Chinese Medicine terms.
- Knee issues with kidney and liver systems involvement.
- Lower body pain and/or inflammation - hips, knees, ankles, toes especially when the pain moves around due to interior wind.
- Connective tissue disorders.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about wrist pain? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums