Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Wrist Pain
What Is Wrist Pain?
Wrist Pain - Basics
Wrist pain can be caused by an injury, carpal tunnel syndrome or a disease that affects the joints. These diseases include gout and arthritis, among others. Gout occurs when there is an excessive amount of uric acid, which builds up in the body forming deposits in joints and/or soft tissues. Arthritis is a rheumatic disease that causes stiffness and pain in the joints, and may be accompanied by inflammation, redness and swelling.
Another common cause of wrist problems is carpal tunnel syndrome, which is caused by the compression of the median nerve (which spans the forearm to the hand) near the wrist. Symptoms of CTS include aching, burning, tingling and pain that limit the function of the joint. Injuries such as a broken bone, tendinitis, bursitis and sprain can also cause wrist pain.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Wrist Pain.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Research Shows Acupuncture Can Benefit Both Cognitive Performance and Neural Plasticity
- Low Testosterone, Depression and the Aging Man - Acupuncture and Moxibustion Helpful (Study)
- Acupuncture effective for Temporomandibular Disorders
- Lavender Oil Massage Helpful for Infantile Colic
- CoQ10 for Children with Down Syndrome - Role of Acupuncture In Inflammatory Markers
- Study Finds Wu Mei Wan Herbal Formula Protects Pancreatic Beta Cells in Diabetes
- What Is Your Definition of Health?
- Double Blind Study Finds Dang Gui Wan Effective For Menopausal Symptoms (Hot Flashes, Nightsweats)
- Electroacupuncture with Standard Western Treatment Found More Effective for Chronic Plantar Fasciitis than Standard Care Alone
- Tinnitus Treatment - Back Acupuncture with Tuina Found More Effective Than Standard Acupuncture
5 Points Are Empirically Important For Wrist Pain
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Wrist Pain
The Following (2)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Wrist Pain
Xi Guan Jie Bi Tong Wan (Knee Joint Pain Relief)
- Arthritis from damp heat in Chinese Medicine terms.
- Knee issues with kidney and liver systems involvement.
- Lower body pain and/or inflammation - hips, knees, ankles, toes especially when the pain moves around due to interior wind.
- Connective tissue disorders.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about wrist pain? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Can you please let me know how to treat the Gynacomastia issues
- Please suggest Accupuncture points for ring worm
- Venous prolapse will call heavy legs in tcm terms
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Urethrocele in Water CF
- Bells palsy herbs
- Numbness throughout entire body
- Removing Blockages
- acupuncture points for hair loss
- Unable to locate both wrist tendons