Auricular Acupuncture Theory
Auricular Acupuncture - Endocrine and Subcortical Points
You may click on a specific auricular acupuncture point for more detailed usage information.
Endocrine Glands & Subcortical Brain Nuclei Point Functions
- Endocrine Glands:
- Pineal Gland - *jetlag, insomnia
- Thyroid Gland - hyper/hypo thyroidism
- C. Ovary or Testes - sexual dysfunctions, impotence
- Adrenal Gland - stress-related disorders, hypersensitivity
- Subcortial Brain Nuclei:
- Limbic System - memory, retention of lived through emotional experiences
- Amygdala - anger, irritability
- Hippocampus - memory, retention of lived through emotional experiences
Sources and More Information
The information on our site is drawn from our own lecture notes and clinical experience. The following lecture notes were used within this section:
- Harstein, Rachel: New England School of Acupuncture, Acupuncture Microsystems Lecture Notes
Where Do I Go Next?
Further Exploration - Theory and Acu
Theory & Diagnosis
Explore The Fundamentals Of Chinese Medicine, Theory, Systems, Relationships...