Auricular Acupuncture Theory
Auricular Acupuncture - Master Points
You may click on a specific auricular acupuncture point for more detailed usage information.
Master Point Functions
- Point Zero - general homeostatic balance
- Shen Men - stress, anxiety, excessive sensitivity
- Autonomic Point - balances symphathetic and parasymphathetic nervous systems, blood circulation
- Thalamus Point - over excitement, shock, sweating
- Endocrine Point - balance endocrine hormones, hypersensitivity, rheumatism
- Master Oscillation Point - balances left and right hemispheres (useful for left hand dominant clients)
- Allergy Point - reduce allergic inflammations, eliminate toxicity
- Tranquilizer Point - general sedation, anxiety
- Master Sensorial (eye) Point - tinnitus, blurred vision
- Master Cerebral Point - nervousness, anxiety, fear, OCD
Sources and More Information
The information on our site is drawn from our own lecture notes and clinical experience. The following lecture notes were used within this section:
- Harstein, Rachel: New England School of Acupuncture, Acupuncture Microsystems Lecture Notes
Where Do I Go Next?
Further Exploration - Theory and Acu
Theory & Diagnosis
Explore The Fundamentals Of Chinese Medicine, Theory, Systems, Relationships...