The Aromatic Herbs That Transform Dampness Functional Grouping
Our database contains 7 TCM Herbs in the Aromatic Herbs That Transform Dampness functional grouping
- The concept of dampness indicates a damp pathogenic influence which causes stagnation in the middle warmer (i.e. the Stomach and Spleen Channels).
- General symptoms are - distension and fullness in the abdomen, nausea, vomiting or spitting up of sour fluids, absence of thirst, loss of appetite, diarrhea with some difficult in defecation, headache, body aches, etc.
- The tongue will generally have a greasy coating (either white or yellow) and the pulse will often be soggy.
- Aromatic herbs are used to revive the spleen with their fragrance and their strong effect in the transformation of dampness.
- The majority of the herbs in this section are acrid, warm, aromatic, and dry - all properties which can potentially exhaust qi and injure the yin.
- Bai Dou Kou (Round Cardamon Fruit, White Cardamon)
- Pei Lan (Orchid)
- Sha Ren (Cardamon)
Where Do I Go Next?
Further Exploration - Herbs and Treatments
Follow, Join, and Participate
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2019 Yin Yang House Inc