Names Of Bai Shao
How Is Bai Shao Categorized?
Our Database Has 8 TCM Herbs In The Herbs That Tonify Blood Category
How Is Bai Shao Used Clinically?
Bai Shao Usages and Indications
- Nourishes the blood and regulates menstrual problems due to blood deficiency (pale, lusterless complexion and nails) - menstrual dysfunction, vaginal discharge, uterine bleeding - very common herb for gynecological disorders (Si Wu Tang).
- Calms liver yang, alleviates pain from constrained liver qi or disharmony between the liver and the spleen due to liver yang rising - cramping and spasms (limbs and abdomen), abdominal pain from dysentery, headache and dizziness.
- Preserves yin, adjusts ying and wei levels - vaginal discharge and spermatorrhea, exterior wind-cold from deficiency with continuous sweating, spontaneous sweating, night sweats.
Cautions and Contraindications
How Is Bai Shao Prepared?
Dosage and Preparation Notes For Bai Shao
- Dosage: 6-15g
Conditions Potentially Related With Bai Shao
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Bai Shao Is Discussed
- Popular Chinese Herbal Formula Found To Aid Chronic Liver Disease
- Study Finds Shu Gan Liang Xue Herbal Formula Has Breast Cancer Anti Tumor Effect
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- Treating Low Testosterone with Chinese Medicine (Herbal Medicine, Acupuncture and Moxibustion)
- Commonly Used Chinese Herbal Medicine for Lupus - Lab Analysis
- Animal Study Shows Promise for TCM Herbal Treatment of Diabetes (Yi Qi Zeng Min Tang)
- Zuo Jin Wan Chinese Herbal Formula Found Helpful in Gastric (Stomach) Cancer
- Chinese Herbal Medicines - Teas vs. Prepared Pills/Granules - Researchers Say No Clinical Differences
- Yi Guan Jian Herbal Formula May Aid Liver Damage
- Study Explores Beneficial Effects of Popular Chinese Herbal Formula on Diabetic Retinopathy
- Scorpions, Centipedes, and Hornets Nests: Chinese Herbal Medicine History
Notes From Our Clinicians For Bai Shao
Staff Clinical Notes
- Less cold, but bitter - clears liver heat or blood heat but weaker than Chi Shao Yao.
Formulas Which Generally Contain Bai Shao
Our database contains 36 TCM Formulas where Bai Shao is generally used
- Ba Zhen Wan -Eight Treasure Combination (Tonify)
- Bai He Gu Jin Wan -Lily Bulb to Preserve the Metal (Treat Dryness)
- Ban Xia Xie Xin Wan -Pinellia Drain Epigastrium Pills (Harmonize)
- Chai Hu Gui Zhi Tang Wan -Bupleurum and Cinnamon Twig Decoction (Release the Exterior)
- Chai Hu Shu Gan Wan -Bupleurum Powder to Spread the Liver (Harmonize)
- Dang Gui Wan -Tangkuei Powder (Tonify)
- Du Huo Ji Sheng Wan -Solitary Hermit Teapills (Expel Dampness)
- Gan Bing Zhi Ben Wan -Liver Disease Recovery Pills (Regulate the Qi)
- Ge Gen Wan -Kudzu Decoction (Release the Exterior)
- Gu Zhi Shu Song Wan -Osteoporosis Tablets (Tonify)
- Gui Zhi Tang Wan -Cinnamon Twig Decoction (Release the Exterior)
- Jia Wei Xiao Yao Wan -Free and Easy Wanderer Pills (Harmonize)
- Jiao Ai Wan -Ass-Hide Gelatin and Mugwort Formula (Stop Bleeding)
- Jin Gu Die Da Wan -Tendon and Bone Injury Healing (Invigorate the Blood)
- Juan Bi Wan -Remove Painful Obstruction Decoction (Expel Dampness)
- Qi Xue Da Bu Wan -Nourish Qi & Blood Pills (Tonify)
- Qing Bi Wan -Clear The Nose Decoction (Release the Exterior)
- Shao Yao Gan Cao Wan -Peony and Licorice Decoction (Harmonize)
- Shi Quan Da Bu Wan -Ten Tonics Nourishment Pills (Tonify)
- Shu Gan Wan -Liver Comfort Pills (Harmonize)
- Shu Jing Huo Xue Wan -Relax The Channels and Invigorate The Blood Decoction (Invigorate the Blood)
- Si Ni San Wan -Frigid Extremities Powder Pills (Harmonize)
- Si Wu Tang Wan -Four Substances Pills (Tonify)
- Tao Hong Si Wu Wan -Four Substances Pills With Safflower And Peach Pit (Tonify)
- Tong Xie Yao Fang Wan -Important Pills for Painful Diarrhea / Calm Wind Pills (Harmonize)
- Wen Jing Wan -Warm the Menses Formula (Invigorate the Blood)
- Wu Ji Bai Feng Wan -Black Chicken White Phoenix Pills (Clear Heat)
- Xi Guan Jie Bi Tong Wan -Knee Joint Pain Relief (Expel Dampness)
- Xiao Qing Long Wan -Minor Blue Dragon Pills (Release the Exterior)
- Xiao Yao Wan -Free and Easy Wanderer (Harmonize)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about bai shao? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Question on the Liver Meridian
- Yin Channel - Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Cure for dyslexia
- Question regarding pancreas weak
- Unexplained multiple miscarriages
- An Shen Bu Xin formulas
- Common Acupressure Points for Self-Treatment - discussion (2019-08-25 08:29:15am)q
- What can I do for retina detachment? Please help!
- Coconut water warming or cooling?
- Chronic UTI's in elderly women.
Follow, Join, and Participate
Get Our App
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2019 Yin Yang House Inc