Names Of Bai Shao
How Is Bai Shao Categorized?
Our Database Has 8 TCM Herbs In The Herbs That Tonify Blood Category
How Is Bai Shao Used Clinically?
Bai Shao Usages and Indications
- Nourishes the blood and regulates menstrual problems due to blood deficiency (pale, lusterless complexion and nails) - menstrual dysfunction, vaginal discharge, uterine bleeding - very common herb for gynecological disorders (Si Wu Tang).
- Calms liver yang, alleviates pain from constrained liver qi or disharmony between the liver and the spleen due to liver yang rising - cramping and spasms (limbs and abdomen), abdominal pain from dysentery, headache and dizziness.
- Preserves yin, adjusts ying and wei levels - vaginal discharge and spermatorrhea, exterior wind-cold from deficiency with continuous sweating, spontaneous sweating, night sweats.
Cautions and Contraindications
How Is Bai Shao Prepared?
Dosage and Preparation Notes For Bai Shao
- Dosage: 6-15g
Conditions Potentially Related With Bai Shao
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Bai Shao Is Discussed
- Popular Chinese Herbal Formula Found To Aid Chronic Liver Disease
- Study Finds Shu Gan Liang Xue Herbal Formula Has Breast Cancer Anti Tumor Effect
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- Chinese Herbal Formula Creates Metabolic Changes in Brains of Patients with Alzheimers Disease
- Analysis of TCM Herbal Formula Xian Fang Huo Ming Yin for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Chinese Herbal Medicine on Breast Cancer
- Study Finds Yin Qiao Helpful and Safe for Children To Drop Fever
- Study Finds Wu Zi Yan Zong Wan Herbal Formula Improves Sperm Production
- Widely Used Chinese Herbal Medicine Formula for IBS and Crohn's - Mechanisms Explored (Study)
- Qing Dai Herb Found To Counter GI Problems from NSAID Use
- Treating Low Testosterone with Chinese Medicine (Herbal Medicine, Acupuncture and Moxibustion)
Notes From Our Clinicians For Bai Shao
Staff Clinical Notes
- Less cold, but bitter - clears liver heat or blood heat but weaker than Chi Shao Yao.
Formulas Which Generally Contain Bai Shao
Our database contains 35 TCM Formulas where Bai Shao is generally used
- Ba Zhen Wan -Eight Treasure Combination (Tonify)
- Bai He Gu Jin Wan -Lily Bulb to Preserve the Metal (Treat Dryness)
- Ban Xia Xie Xin Wan -Pinellia Drain Epigastrium Pills (Harmonize)
- Dang Gui Wan -Tangkuei Powder (Tonify)
- Du Huo Ji Sheng Wan -Solitary Hermit Teapills (Expel Dampness)
- Gan Bing Zhi Ben Wan -Liver Disease Recovery Pills (Regulate the Qi)
- Ge Gen Wan -Kudzu Decoction (Release the Exterior)
- Gu Zhi Shu Song Wan -Osteoporosis Tablets (Tonify)
- Gui Zhi Tang Wan -Cinnamon Twig Decoction (Release the Exterior)
- Jia Wei Xiao Yao Wan -Free and Easy Wanderer Pills (Harmonize)
- Jiao Ai Wan -Ass-Hide Gelatin and Mugwort Formula (Stop Bleeding)
- Jin Gu Die Da Wan -Tendon and Bone Injury Healing (Invigorate the Blood)
- Juan Bi Wan -Remove Painful Obstruction Decoction (Expel Dampness)
- Qi Xue Da Bu Wan -Nourish Qi & Blood Pills (Tonify)
- Qing Bi Wan -Clear The Nose Decoction (Release the Exterior)
- Shao Yao Gan Cao Wan -Peony and Licorice Decoction (Harmonize)
- Shi Quan Da Bu Wan -Ten Tonics Nourishment Pills (Tonify)
- Shu Gan Wan -Liver Comfort Pills (Harmonize)
- Shu Jing Huo Xue Wan -Relax The Channels and Invigorate The Blood Decoction (Invigorate the Blood)
- Si Ni San Wan -Frigid Extremities Powder Pills (Harmonize)
- Si Wu Tang Wan -Four Substances Pills (Tonify)
- Tao Hong Si Wu Wan -Four Substances Pills With Safflower And Peach Pit (Tonify)
- Tong Xie Yao Fang Wan -Important Pills for Painful Diarrhea / Calm Wind Pills (Harmonize)
- Wen Jing Wan -Warm the Menses Formula (Invigorate the Blood)
- Wu Ji Bai Feng Wan -Black Chicken White Phoenix Pills (Clear Heat)
- Xi Guan Jie Bi Tong Wan -Knee Joint Pain Relief (Expel Dampness)
- Xiao Qing Long Wan -Minor Blue Dragon Pills (Release the Exterior)
- Xiao Yao Wan -Free and Easy Wanderer (Harmonize)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about bai shao? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
Follow, Join, and Participate
Get Our App
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2019 Yin Yang House Inc