Names Of Chai Hu
How Is Chai Hu Categorized?
Our Database Has 12 TCM Herbs In The Herbs That Release The Exterior Wind Heat Category
How Is Chai Hu Used Clinically?
Chai Hu Usages and Indications
- Clears shao yang disorders and reduces fever - alternating chills and fever, bitter taste in the mouth, irritability, vomiting, stifling sensation in the chest.
- Relieves liver qi stagnation (often used with Bai Shao) - vertigo, menstrual disorders, chest and flank pain, the most common herb to treat stress, irritability, depression, etc.; also for liver and spleen disharmony - bloating, nausea, indigestion, flank pain.
- Raises yang qi in spleen and stomach deficiency patterns (often used with Sheng Ma) - prolapsed organ, diarrhea, hemorrhoids.
Cautions and Contraindications
- Due to its rising and dispersing nature avoid in yin deficiency or liver yang rising.
- May cause nausea or vomiting - use a smaller dose if necessary.
How Is Chai Hu Prepared?
Dosage and Preparation Notes For Chai Hu
- Dosage: 3-12g
Conditions and Patterns Potentially Related With Chai Hu
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Chai Hu Is Discussed
- Chinese Medicine Lifestyle And Herbal Approaches To The Coronavirus
- Study Finds Xiao Chai Hu Tang Offers An Anti-Depressant Effect
- Study Finds Acupuncture Has Anti-Depressant Effects Similar to Fluoxetine (Prozac)
- Understanding How Chai Hu Shu Gan Wan Help With Depression in Epilepsy Patients (Study)
- Study Finds Chinese Herbal Formula Yin Chen Hao Tang Protects Liver From Cholestatic Damage
- Study Finds Shu Gan Liang Xue Herbal Formula Has Breast Cancer Anti Tumor Effect
- My Heart Is What? Summertime, Heat and Joy...
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- Your Own Saliva Better For Wound Healing Than Yunnan Baiyao Alone
- Leonurine (Chinese Motherwort) May Be Helpful For Stroke Recovery
- Popular Chinese Herbal Formula Found To Aid Chronic Liver Disease
Notes From Our Clinicians For Chai Hu
Formulas Which Generally Contain Chai Hu
Our database contains 23 TCM Formulas where Chai Hu is generally used
- Chai Hu Gui Zhi Gan Jiang Wan -Bupleurum, Cinnamon Twig and Ginger Decoction (Clear Heat)
- Chai Hu Gui Zhi Tang Wan -Bupleurum and Cinnamon Twig Decoction (Release the Exterior)
- Chai Hu Jia Long Gu Mu Li Wan -Bupleurum, Dragon Bone, and Oyster Shell Formula (Calm The Spirit)
- Chai Hu Shu Gan Wan -Bupleurum Powder to Spread the Liver (Harmonize)
- Gan Bing Zhi Ben Wan -Liver Disease Recovery Pills (Regulate the Qi)
- Geng Nian An Wan -Peaceful Menopause (Tonify)
- Jia Wei Gui Pi Wan -Augmented Restore The Spleen Decoction (Harmonize)
- Jia Wei Xiao Yao Wan -Free and Easy Wanderer Pills (Harmonize)
- Jing Fang Bai Du Wan -Schizonepeta and Siler Powder to Overcome Pathogenic Influences (Release the Exterior)
- Li Dan Wan -Benefit The Gallbladder Pills (Expel Dampness)
- Li Niao Pai Shi Wan -Water Stone Removal Pill (Expel Dampness)
- Long Dan Xie Gan Wan -Gentiana Purge Liver Formula (Clear Heat)
- Ping Gan Liu Qi Yin Wan -Dang Gui And Pinellia Combination (Harmonize)
- Pu Ji Xiao Du Wan -Universal Benefit Decoction To Eliminate Toxin (Clear Heat)
- Xiao Chai Hu Tang Wan -Minor Bupleurum Decoction (Harmonize)
- Xiao Yao Wan -Free and Easy Wanderer (Harmonize)
- Xue Fu Zhu Yu Wan -Blood Stasis Relief Pills (Invigorate the Blood)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about chai hu? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- bechet's disease
- Fibrosis Pulmonary
- Vagul Nervous system.
- Question about Shipping to EU
- Shen Tong Zhu Yu Availability
- Help for PoTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome)
- acupuncture used to decrease opioids in bariatric surgery
- Blood stasis in uterus and legs / herbal formula
- recurring boils
- Female senior , Ovaries , as / if related to Brain Health