Names Of Chi Shao
How Is Chi Shao Categorized?
Our Database Has 30 TCM Herbs In The Herbs That Invigorate Blood Category
How Is Chi Shao Used Clinically?
Chi Shao Usages and Indications
- Invigorates blood, dispels stasis (stronger than Mu Dan Pi) - dysmenorrhea, amenorrhea, abdominal pain and masses, traumatic pain associated with swelling, early stages of abscesses and boils.
- Clears heat, cools the blood (especially for excess heat in the blood) - for heat entering the blood level with fever, purple tongue, skin blotches, bleeding, gyn issues.
- Clears liver fire - for red swollen, painful eyes.
Cautions and Contraindications
How Is Chi Shao Prepared?
Dosage and Preparation Notes For Chi Shao
- Dosage: 4.5-9g
Conditions Potentially Related With Chi Shao
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- Chinese Herbal Formula Found Helpful for Rehumatoid Arthritis Induced Osteoporosis
- Effect of Chinese Herbal Medicine on Breast Cancer
- Musical Gongs and Xiao Yao Wan Herbs May Help Liver Qi Stagnation and Spleen Qi Deficiency
- Animal Study Shows Promise for TCM Herbal Treatment of Diabetes (Yi Qi Zeng Min Tang)
- Qing Dai Herb Found To Counter GI Problems from NSAID Use
- Commonly Used Chinese Herbal Medicine for Lupus - Lab Analysis
- Chinese Herbal Medicines - Teas vs. Prepared Pills/Granules - Researchers Say No Clinical Differences
- Scorpions, Centipedes, and Hornets Nests: Chinese Herbal Medicine History
- Study Finds Xiao Chai Hu Tang Offers An Anti-Depressant Effect
- TCM Formula Gan Mai Da Zao Wan Found Effective for "Several" Mental Health Issues
Notes From Our Clinicians For Chi Shao
Formulas Which Generally Contain Chi Shao
Our database contains 12 TCM Formulas where Chi Shao is generally used
- Bu Yang Huan Wu Tang Wan -Great Yang Restoration Pills (Invigorate the Blood)
- Bu Yang Huan Wu Wan -Tonify Yang To Restore Five Tenths Decoction (Invigorate the Blood)
- Ge Xia Zhu Yu Wan -Drive Out Blood Stasis Below The Diaphragm Decoction (Invigorate the Blood)
- Gui Zhi Fu Ling Wan -Cinnamon and Poria Teapills (Invigorate the Blood)
- Tong Qiao Huo Xue Wan -Unblock the Orifices and Invigorate the Blood Decoction (Invigorate the Blood)
- Wu Lin San Wan -Gardenia & Hoelen Formula (Expel Dampness)
- Wu Ling San Wan -Five-Ingredient Powder with Poria (Expel Dampness)
- Xian Fang Huo Ming Yin Wan -Immortals Formula For Sustaining Life (Clear Heat)
- Xue Fu Zhu Yu Wan -Blood Stasis Relief Pills (Invigorate the Blood)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about chi shao? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Acu point for stomach worms
- Dry eyes advice
- Is the Talc contained in TCM safe?
- Looking for a formula to help with anxiety + insomnia
- Tonifying energies/acupoints in the meridians
- help for lupus sle
- Help please. Dad Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Addisons disease
- Patient Has Numb Tongue
- Dry cough for my daughter
Follow, Join, and Participate
All Content Copyright © 1999-2018 Yin Yang House Inc