Names Of Da Huang
How Is Da Huang Categorized?
Our Database Has 11 TCM Herbs In The Herbs That Drain Downward Category
How Is Da Huang Used Clinically?
Da Huang Usages and Indications
- Drains heat and purges accumulations - high fever, profuse sweating, thirst, constipation, abdominal distention and pain, delirium, yellow tongue coating, full pulse which indicates intestinal heat excess or yang ming stage illness.
- Drains heat from the blood - blood in the stool from bleeding hemorrhoids or heat in the intestine; vomting blood or nosebleed accompanied by constipation; painful eyes or fire toxin sores due to heat in the blood level.
- Drains damp-heat via the stool - jaundice, dysentery, lin syndrome.
- Invigorates the blood and dispels blood stasis - amenorrhea, abdominal masses, fixed pain due to blood stasis (recent and long-term blood stasis).
- Clears heat and reduces fire toxicity - for burns, hot skin.
Cautions and Contraindications
- Avoid During Pregnancy and During Nursing
- Avoid in exterior disorders and deficiency of qi and/or blood
How Is Da Huang Prepared?
Dosage and Preparation Notes For Da Huang
- Dosage: 3-12g
- Raw has a more purging effect
- Wine/Vinegar mix has a more blood invigorating effect
- Charred will treat bleeding disorders
Conditions Potentially Related With Da Huang
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Da Huang Is Discussed
- Study Finds Chinese Herbal Formula Yin Chen Hao Tang Protects Liver From Cholestatic Damage
- Animal Study Shows Promise for TCM Herbal Treatment of Diabetes (Yi Qi Zeng Min Tang)
- Scorpions, Centipedes, and Hornets Nests: Chinese Herbal Medicine History
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- Lavender Oil Massage Helpful for Infantile Colic
- Leonurine (Chinese Motherwort) May Be Helpful For Stroke Recovery
- Study Finds Yin Qiao Helpful and Safe for Children To Drop Fever
- Chinese Herbal Medicines - Teas vs. Prepared Pills/Granules - Researchers Say No Clinical Differences
- Analysis of TCM Herbal Formula Xian Fang Huo Ming Yin for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Chinese Medicine and Weight Loss
- Chinese Herbal Formulas and Self-Help Acupressure for Colds and Flus - Yin Qiao, Gan Mao Ling, ...
Formulas Which Generally Contain Da Huang
Our database contains 18 TCM Formulas where Da Huang is generally used
- Ba Wei Dai Xia Fang -Eight Herb Powder for Vaginal Discharge (Clear Heat)
- Ba Zheng Wan -Eight Herb Powder for Rectification (Expel Dampness)
- Chai Hu Jia Long Gu Mu Li Wan -Bupleurum, Dragon Bone, and Oyster Shell Formula (Calm The Spirit)
- Chu Kou Wei Wan -Chu Kou Wei Wan (Clear Heat)
- Huang Lian Shang Qing Wan -Coptis Clearance Pill (Clear Heat)
- Hui Chun Wan -Recovery Special Pill (Open the Orifices)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about da huang? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Trapped wind and bloating
- Neuropathy blend
- Chinese Medicine Lifestyle And Herbal Approaches To The Coronavirus - discussion (2020-03-26 03:26:29am)
- CTEPH-Chronic clots causing pulmonary hypertension
- Compromised immune system
- Purulent tooth root
- Iron Deficiency or Iron Overload
- Chronic Vaginal Discharge
- About Spleen 4 for cold feet and Yang
- Introduction to the Tong Ren Therapy - Energy Healing Method - discussion (2020-03-16 08:41:04am)
Follow, Join, and Participate
Get Our App
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2020 Yin Yang House Inc