Names Of Da Huang
How Is Da Huang Categorized?
Our Database Has 11 TCM Herbs In The Herbs That Drain Downward Category
How Is Da Huang Used Clinically?
Da Huang Usages and Indications
- Drains heat and purges accumulations - high fever, profuse sweating, thirst, constipation, abdominal distention and pain, delirium, yellow tongue coating, full pulse which indicates intestinal heat excess or yang ming stage illness.
- Drains heat from the blood - blood in the stool from bleeding hemorrhoids or heat in the intestine; vomting blood or nosebleed accompanied by constipation; painful eyes or fire toxin sores due to heat in the blood level.
- Drains damp-heat via the stool - jaundice, dysentery, lin syndrome.
- Invigorates the blood and dispels blood stasis - amenorrhea, abdominal masses, fixed pain due to blood stasis (recent and long-term blood stasis).
- Clears heat and reduces fire toxicity - for burns, hot skin.
Cautions and Contraindications
- Avoid During Pregnancy and During Nursing
- Avoid in exterior disorders and deficiency of qi and/or blood
How Is Da Huang Prepared?
Dosage and Preparation Notes For Da Huang
- Dosage: 3-12g
- Raw has a more purging effect
- Wine/Vinegar mix has a more blood invigorating effect
- Charred will treat bleeding disorders
Conditions Potentially Related With Da Huang
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Da Huang Is Discussed
- Study Finds Chinese Herbal Formula Yin Chen Hao Tang Protects Liver From Cholestatic Damage
- Animal Study Shows Promise for TCM Herbal Treatment of Diabetes (Yi Qi Zeng Min Tang)
- Scorpions, Centipedes, and Hornets Nests: Chinese Herbal Medicine History
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- Your Own Saliva Better For Wound Healing Than Yunnan Baiyao Alone
- Understanding How Chai Hu Shu Gan Wan Help With Depression in Epilepsy Patients (Study)
- TCM Formula Gan Mai Da Zao Wan Found Effective for "Several" Mental Health Issues
- Study Finds Shu Gan Liang Xue Herbal Formula Has Breast Cancer Anti Tumor Effect
- Study Finds Xiao Chai Hu Tang Offers An Anti-Depressant Effect
- Musical Gongs and Xiao Yao Wan Herbs May Help Liver Qi Stagnation and Spleen Qi Deficiency
- Treating Low Testosterone with Chinese Medicine (Herbal Medicine, Acupuncture and Moxibustion)
Formulas Which Generally Contain Da Huang
Our database contains 17 TCM Formulas where Da Huang is generally used
- Ba Wei Dai Xia Fang -Eight Herb Powder for Vaginal Discharge (Clear Heat)
- Ba Zheng Wan -Eight Herb Powder for Rectification (Expel Dampness)
- Chai Hu Jia Long Gu Mu Li Wan -Bupleurum, Dragon Bone, and Oyster Shell Formula (Calm The Spirit)
- Chu Kou Wei Wan -Chu Kou Wei Wan (Clear Heat)
- Huang Lian Shang Qing Wan -Coptis Clearance Pill (Clear Heat)
- Hui Chun Wan -Recovery Special Pill (Open the Orifices)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about da huang? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Question regarding acupuncture for emergency
- Iron constipation
- Neuro Muscular Distrophy"
- What are the points for infected boils please?
- Polyps (nasal) treatment with herbs
- Heavily rhinitis problem
- Xiao Yao san and Gui pi tan taken together with antidepressants and anxiolitic drugs
- CHAPPED LIPS, chronic
- She Xiang used?
- Auto immune disease
Follow, Join, and Participate
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2019 Yin Yang House Inc