Names Of Da Ji
How Is Da Ji Categorized?
Our Database Has 15 TCM Herbs In The Herbs That Stop Bleeding Category
How Is Da Ji Used Clinically?
Da Ji Usages and Indications
- Cools the blood, stops bleeding due to reckless movement of hot blood - nosebleed, vomiting blood, blood in urine or stool, uterine bleeding, heavy menstrual bleeding.
- Reduces swelling, generates flesh - topically for carbuncles, sores, swellings.
- Internal abscesses - intestinal, lung.
- Pulmonary Tuberculosis.
- Nephritis, hematuria.
- Can be used alone for hypertension, particularly from liver heat or liver fire, but can be used in conjunction with other formulas.
- Studies have shown benefits for pancreatic beta cells - pancreatic cancer, diabetes.
Cautions and Contraindications
- Use with caution and only under direct supervision with pregnancy.
- Use with caution when signs of stomach and/or spleen deficiency are present - particularly watery stools.
- Use with caution in patients with no or limited signs of blood stagnation.
- As Da Ji contains vitamin K it may reduce the effect of certain blood thinners. While it isn't necessarily to be avoided, it should be used with caution on patients using drugs such as warfarin.
How Is Da Ji Prepared?
Dosage and Preparation Notes For Da Ji
- Dosage: 4.5-15g
- Fresh: 30-60g
- Available in our store in granules - da xiao ji - 100 gram Cirsium granules
Conditions and Patterns Potentially Related With Da Ji
Da Ji Related Conditions and Patterns
Diabetes Type IDiabetes Type IIHypertension (High Blood Pressure)JaundiceMenorrhagia (Heavy Menstrual Bleeding)Nephrotic SyndromeNosebleed (Epistaxis)Pancreatic CancerUterine Bleeding
Heat in the BloodLiver FireLiver and Gallbladder Damp Heat
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Da Ji Is Discussed
- Chinese Herb Da Ji - Thistle - Found To Have Strong Beneficial Effects in Type I Diabetes
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- Musical Gongs and Xiao Yao Wan Herbs May Help Liver Qi Stagnation and Spleen Qi Deficiency
- Scorpions, Centipedes, and Hornets Nests: Chinese Herbal Medicine History
- Study Finds Wu Zi Yan Zong Wan Herbal Formula Improves Sperm Production
- Widely Used Chinese Herbal Medicine Formula for IBS and Crohn's - Mechanisms Explored (Study)
- Study Finds Wu Mei Wan Herbal Formula Protects Pancreatic Beta Cells in Diabetes
- Chinese Medicine and Weight Loss
- Yue Ju Wan Herbal Formula Shows Rapid Antidepressant Effect (Study)
- Effect of Chinese Herbal Medicine on Breast Cancer
- Qing Dai Herb Found To Counter GI Problems from NSAID Use
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about da ji? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Unable to locate both wrist tendons
- 70 y.o. woman with persistent diarrhea & other heat symptoms
- Question regarding acupuncture for emergency
- Iron constipation
- Neuro Muscular Distrophy"
- What are the points for infected boils please?
- Polyps (nasal) treatment with herbs
- Heavily rhinitis problem
- Xiao Yao san and Gui pi tan taken together with antidepressants and anxiolitic drugs
- CHAPPED LIPS, chronic