Names Of Da Ji
How Is Da Ji Categorized?
Our Database Has 15 TCM Herbs In The Herbs That Stop Bleeding Category
How Is Da Ji Used Clinically?
Da Ji Usages and Indications
- Cools the blood, stops bleeding due to reckless movement of hot blood - nosebleed, vomiting blood, blood in urine or stool, uterine bleeding, heavy menstrual bleeding.
- Reduces swelling, generates flesh - topically for carbuncles, sores, swellings.
- Internal abscesses - intestinal, lung.
- Pulmonary Tuberculosis.
- Nephritis, hematuria.
- Can be used alone for hypertension, particularly from liver heat or liver fire, but can be used in conjunction with other formulas.
- Studies have shown benefits for pancreatic beta cells - pancreatic cancer, diabetes.
Cautions and Contraindications
- Use with caution and only under direct supervision with pregnancy.
- Use with caution when signs of stomach and/or spleen deficiency are present - particularly watery stools.
- Use with caution in patients with no or limited signs of blood stagnation.
- As Da Ji contains vitamin K it may reduce the effect of certain blood thinners. While it isn't necessarily to be avoided, it should be used with caution on patients using drugs such as warfarin.
How Is Da Ji Prepared?
Dosage and Preparation Notes For Da Ji
- Dosage: 4.5-15g
- Fresh: 30-60g
- Available in our store in granules - da xiao ji - 100 gram Cirsium granules
Conditions and Patterns Potentially Related With Da Ji
Da Ji Related Conditions and Patterns
Diabetes Type IDiabetes Type IIHypertension (High Blood Pressure)JaundiceMenorrhagia (Heavy Menstrual Bleeding)Nephrotic SyndromeNosebleed (Epistaxis)Pancreatic CancerUterine Bleeding
Heat in the BloodLiver FireLiver and Gallbladder Damp Heat
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Da Ji Is Discussed
- Chinese Herb Da Ji - Thistle - Found To Have Strong Beneficial Effects in Type I Diabetes
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- Basic Guidelines For Choosing An Appropriate Herbal Formula
- Effects of You Gui Wan and Zuo Gui Wan Herbal Formulas on Encephalomyelitis
- Chinese Herbal Formula Found Helpful for Rehumatoid Arthritis Induced Osteoporosis
- Treating Low Testosterone with Chinese Medicine (Herbal Medicine, Acupuncture and Moxibustion)
- Multiple Myeloma Maintained with Chinese Herbal Medicine Treatment Alone (Case Study)
- Animal Study Shows Promise for TCM Herbal Treatment of Diabetes (Yi Qi Zeng Min Tang)
- Chinese Herbal Medicines - Teas vs. Prepared Pills/Granules - Researchers Say No Clinical Differences
- Chinese Medicine and Weight Loss
- Your Own Saliva Better For Wound Healing Than Yunnan Baiyao Alone
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about da ji? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Bacterial Vaginosis Treatment
- Hemorrhoids and anal discharge
- Crepey skin on upper arms
- Treatment for Gastroparesis
- Pins and Needles / Neuropathy
- Thyroid nodule recommendations?
- Family member in Coma
- How to differentiate between the root cause and the branch?
- Urinary Bladder (Uncommon) Disorder
- The significance of source points