Names Of Da Zao
How Is Da Zao Categorized?
Our Database Has 10 TCM Herbs In The Herbs That Tonify Qi Category
How Is Da Zao Used Clinically?
Da Zao Usages and Indications
- Tonifies spleen qi - weakness, shortness of breath, reduced appetite, loose stools.
- Nourishes the blood, calms the spirit - irritability, pale complexion, emotional disturbances, restlessness.
- Useful to harmonize the harsh properties of other herbs.
Cautions and Contraindications
- May cause heat, dampness, and phlegm leading to fullness in the middle jiao, food stagnation.
How Is Da Zao Prepared?
Dosage and Preparation Notes For Da Zao
- Dosage: 10-30g or 3-12 pieces
Conditions Potentially Related With Da Zao
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Da Zao Is Discussed
- TCM Formula Gan Mai Da Zao Wan Found Effective for "Several" Mental Health Issues
- Chinese Herb, Sweetflag Rhizome, Found Protective Against Alzheimer's and Neurodegeneration
- My Heart Is What? Summertime, Heat and Joy...
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- Chinese Herbal Formula Creates Metabolic Changes in Brains of Patients with Alzheimers Disease
- Yue Ju Wan Herbal Formula Shows Rapid Antidepressant Effect (Study)
- Successful Long Term Treatment of HIV/AIDS with Only Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Scorpions, Centipedes, and Hornets Nests: Chinese Herbal Medicine History
- Basic Guidelines For Choosing An Appropriate Herbal Formula
- Lavender Oil Massage Helpful for Infantile Colic
- Study Finds Xiao Chai Hu Tang Offers An Anti-Depressant Effect
Formulas Which Generally Contain Da Zao
Our database contains 14 TCM Formulas where Da Zao is generally used
- Chai Hu Gui Zhi Tang Wan -Bupleurum and Cinnamon Twig Decoction (Release the Exterior)
- Chai Hu Jia Long Gu Mu Li Wan -Bupleurum, Dragon Bone, and Oyster Shell Formula (Calm The Spirit)
- Gan Mai Da Zao Wan -Licorice, Wheat, and Jujube Formula (Calm The Spirit)
- Ge Gen Wan -Kudzu Decoction (Release the Exterior)
- Gui Zhi Tang Wan -Cinnamon Twig Decoction (Release the Exterior)
- Jia Wei Gui Pi Wan -Augmented Restore The Spleen Decoction (Harmonize)
- Juan Bi Wan -Remove Painful Obstruction Decoction (Expel Dampness)
- Tong Qiao Huo Xue Wan -Unblock the Orifices and Invigorate the Blood Decoction (Invigorate the Blood)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about da zao? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
Follow, Join, and Participate
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2019 Yin Yang House Inc