Names Of Da Zao
How Is Da Zao Categorized?
Our Database Has 11 TCM Herbs In The Herbs That Tonify Qi Category
How Is Da Zao Used Clinically?
Da Zao Usages and Indications
- Tonifies spleen qi - weakness, shortness of breath, reduced appetite, loose stools.
- Nourishes the blood, calms the spirit - irritability, pale complexion, emotional disturbances, restlessness.
- Useful to harmonize the harsh properties of other herbs.
Cautions and Contraindications
- May cause heat, dampness, and phlegm leading to fullness in the middle jiao, food stagnation.
How Is Da Zao Prepared?
Dosage and Preparation Notes For Da Zao
- Dosage: 10-30g or 3-12 pieces
Conditions Potentially Related With Da Zao
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Da Zao Is Discussed
- TCM Formula Gan Mai Da Zao Wan Found Effective for "Several" Mental Health Issues
- Chinese Herb, Sweetflag Rhizome, Found Protective Against Alzheimer's and Neurodegeneration
- My Heart Is What? Summertime, Heat and Joy...
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- Study Finds Red Yeast Rice Lowers Risk Of Developing Diabetes
- Introduction to Herbal Medicine - TCM, Western, Japanese
- Ye Gu Herb (Aeginetia Indica) Found To Have Anti-Cancer Benefits in Kidney/Renal Cancer Disease
- Parkinson's Disease Yields To Basic Moxibustion Treatment (Study)
- Study Explores Anti-Asthmatic Effects Of Moxibustion
- Yue Ju Wan Herbal Formula Shows Rapid Antidepressant Effect (Study)
- Treating Low Testosterone with Chinese Medicine (Herbal Medicine, Acupuncture and Moxibustion)
Formulas Which Generally Contain Da Zao
Our database contains 15 TCM Formulas where Da Zao is generally used
- Chai Hu Gui Zhi Tang Wan -Bupleurum and Cinnamon Twig Decoction (Release the Exterior)
- Chai Hu Jia Long Gu Mu Li Wan -Bupleurum, Dragon Bone, and Oyster Shell Formula (Calm The Spirit)
- Gan Mai Da Zao Wan -Licorice, Wheat, and Jujube Formula (Calm The Spirit)
- Ge Gen Wan -Kudzu Decoction (Release the Exterior)
- Gui Zhi Tang Wan -Cinnamon Twig Decoction (Release the Exterior)
- Jia Wei Gui Pi Wan -Augmented Restore The Spleen Decoction (Harmonize)
- Juan Bi Wan -Remove Painful Obstruction Decoction (Expel Dampness)
- Qing Bi Wan -Clear The Nose Decoction (Release the Exterior)
- Qing Fei Wan -Clear The Lungs Decoction (Treat Phlegm)
- Tong Qiao Huo Xue Wan -Unblock the Orifices and Invigorate the Blood Decoction (Invigorate the Blood)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about da zao? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums