- Releases muscle layer and adjusts ying and wei qi levels
- Useful in wind-cold-damp bi syndromes to warm channels and disperse cold
- Resolves blood stagnation particularly from cold - dysmenorrhea
- Unblocks yang qi in the chest - shortness of breath, chest pain, palpitations
- Resolve edema and accumulation of cold phlegm
Kidney yang deficiency signs - low back pain, weakness in the legs, knees, low back, low energy, low libido, frequent urination.
The Pulse will be empty or frail and the Tongue will be pale and swollen with a thin white moist coat.
Generally used with roundworms - abdominal pain, irritability, stifled chest w/heat, vomiting after eating, cold hands and/or feet. Roundworms may be observed in vomit.
Also has a broader application in chronic diarrhea, IBS, or other digestive disorders characterized by both heat and cold. Symptoms may be chronic diarrhea, abdominal pain (often that is better w/heat).
With parasites the tongue and pulse are less critical, with chronic conditions the Tongue may be red with a white coating.