- Releases muscle layer and adjusts ying and wei qi levels
- Useful in wind-cold-damp bi syndromes to warm channels and disperse cold
- Resolves blood stagnation particularly from cold - dysmenorrhea
- Unblocks yang qi in the chest - shortness of breath, chest pain, palpitations
- Resolve edema and accumulation of cold phlegm
Used for heat that is lodged in the chest affecting all yang stages, also for phlegm in the liver/gall bladder. Generally used for a range of psychological conditions, aiding with drug withdrawal and related issues. Symptoms include chest oppression, anxiety, irratiblity, palpitations, excessive/delirious speech, heavy sensation of body, constipation, urinary issues.
The Pulse will be wiry and rapid and the Tongue will be red with a slippery tongue coating.
Kidney yang deficiency signs - low back pain, weakness in the legs, knees, low back, low energy, low libido.
The Pulse will be empty or frail and the Tongue will be pale and swollen with a thin white moist coat.
Generally used with roundworms - abdominal pain, irritability, stifled chest w/heat, vomiting after eating, cold hands and/or feet. Roundworms may be observed in vomit.
Also has a broader application in chronic diarrhea, IBS, or other digestive disorders characterized by both heat and cold. Symptoms may be chronic diarrhea, abdominal pain (often that is better w/heat).
With parasites the tongue and pulse are less critical, with chronic conditions the Tongue may be red with a white coating.