Names Of Gui Zhi
How Is Gui Zhi Categorized?
Our Database Has 13 TCM Herbs In The Herbs That Release The Exterior Wind Cold Category
How Is Gui Zhi Used Clinically?
Gui Zhi Usages and Indications
- Releases muscle layer and adjusts ying and wei qi levels
- Useful in wind-cold-damp bi syndromes to warm channels and disperse cold
- Resolves blood stagnation particularly from cold - dysmenorrhea
- Unblocks yang qi in the chest - shortness of breath, chest pain, palpitations
- Resolve edema and accumulation of cold phlegm
Cautions and Contraindications
- Avoid in wind-heat and/or empty heat conditions
- Avoid in heat in the blood, particularly w/vomiting
How Is Gui Zhi Prepared?
Dosage and Preparation Notes For Gui Zhi
- Dosage: 3-9g for exterior conditions
- Dosage: 9-15g for bi syndromes
Conditions Potentially Related With Gui Zhi
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Gui Zhi Is Discussed
- Multiple Myeloma Maintained with Chinese Herbal Medicine Treatment Alone (Case Study)
- Animal Study Shows Promise for TCM Herbal Treatment of Diabetes (Yi Qi Zeng Min Tang)
- The Yin and Yang of Our Diets
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- TCM Formula Gan Mai Da Zao Wan Found Effective for "Several" Mental Health Issues
- Chinese Herb Da Ji - Thistle - Found To Have Strong Beneficial Effects in Type I Diabetes
- Study Finds Shu Gan Liang Xue Herbal Formula Has Breast Cancer Anti Tumor Effect
- Study Finds Xiao Chai Hu Tang Offers An Anti-Depressant Effect
- Ye Gu Herb (Aeginetia Indica) Found To Have Anti-Cancer Benefits in Kidney/Renal Cancer Disease
- Analysis of TCM Herbal Formula Xian Fang Huo Ming Yin for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Yunnan Baiyao Herbal Formula Found Helpful for Colitis / Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Formulas Which Generally Contain Gui Zhi
Our database contains 12 TCM Formulas where Gui Zhi is generally used
- Chai Hu Gui Zhi Gan Jiang Wan -Bupleurum, Cinnamon Twig and Ginger Decoction (Clear Heat)
- Chai Hu Gui Zhi Tang Wan -Bupleurum and Cinnamon Twig Decoction (Release the Exterior)
- Chai Hu Jia Long Gu Mu Li Wan -Bupleurum, Dragon Bone, and Oyster Shell Formula (Calm The Spirit)
- Ge Gen Wan -Kudzu Decoction (Release the Exterior)
- Gui Zhi Fu Ling Wan -Cinnamon and Poria Teapills (Invigorate the Blood)
- Gui Zhi Tang Wan -Cinnamon Twig Decoction (Release the Exterior)
- Wu Ling San Wan -Five-Ingredient Powder with Poria (Expel Dampness)
- Wu Mei Wan -Mume Fruit Pill (Expel Parasites)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about gui zhi? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Question on the Liver Meridian
- Yin Channel - Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Cure for dyslexia
- Question regarding pancreas weak
- Unexplained multiple miscarriages
- An Shen Bu Xin formulas
- Common Acupressure Points for Self-Treatment - discussion (2019-08-25 08:29:15am)q
- What can I do for retina detachment? Please help!
- Coconut water warming or cooling?
- Chronic UTI's in elderly women.
Follow, Join, and Participate
Get Our App
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2019 Yin Yang House Inc