The Herbs That Drain Dampness Functional Grouping
Our database contains 23 TCM Herbs in the Herbs That Drain Dampness functional grouping
- There are two main types of dampness:
- Accumulation of fluids in the body - edema, congested fluids (respiratory and digestive system).
- These herbs are good for edema below the waist in the lower extremities.
- Acute edema should be combined with herbs that release the exterior.
- Chronic edema should be combined with herbs that tonify qi and yang of spleen and kidneys.
- Heat signs of fever, burning sensation, yellow discharges with stagnation symptoms of distention and fullness.
- Lin syndrome (painful urination), Shi Wen (warm febrile disease), damp sores and jaundice all fit under this category.
- The main method of treatment is to increase the production of urine.
- Use with caution in cases of yin deficiency and/or depleted fluids.
- Deng Xin Cao (Rush Pith)
- Di Fu Zi (Broom Cyprus Fruit)
- Dong Gua Ren (Winter Melon Seed)
- Dong Kui Zi (Musk Mallow Seeds)
- Fu Ling (Poria, China Root)
- Guang Fang Zi (Aristolochia Root, Stephania)
- Jin Qian Cao (Lysimachia, Whole Plant)
- Mu Tong (Akebia Caulis)
- Qu Mai (Dianthus)
- Shi Wei (Pyrrosia Leaves)
- Tong Cao (Rice Paper Pith)
Where Do I Go Next?
Further Exploration - Herbs and Treatments
Follow, Join, and Participate
Get Our App
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2019 Yin Yang House Inc