|Ban Bian Lian|
- Promotes urination and reduces edema - ascites.
- Cools the blood and reduces toxicity - good for snake bites and wasp stings.
- Separates the pure from the turbid - cloudy urine and leukorrhea, either from damp-heat or deficiency.
- Expels wind damp (cold and hot bi syndromes), relaxes the sinews.
- Damp-heat - skin disorders (eczema, pustular sores).
- Clears damp-heat in the bladder - promotes urination, damp-heat lin.
- Expels parasites - intestinal parasites.
- Damp skin lesions - itching.
|Che Qian Zi|
- Promotes urination, clears heat - edema, lin syndromes due to damp-heat, generally in the lower warmer.
- Solidifies the stool - diarrhea with damp-heat or damp-summerheat.
- Clears the eyes - liver and kidney deficiency (dry eyes or cataracts) or heat in the liver channel (red, painful, swollen eyes and sensitive to light).
- Lung heat - expels phlegm, stops cough.
|Chi Xiao Dou|
- Clears heat, promotes urination - abdominal fullness and swelling due to edema, urinary difficulty, leg qi edema; the nature of this herb is to move downward and relieve edema by water or dampness drained from the body.
- Disperses blood stasis - reduces swelling and fire toxicity, sores, carbuncles.
- Clears damp heat - jaundice.
|Deng Xin Cao|
- Promotes urination and leaches out dampness - heat disorders with lin syndrome.
- Clears heat from the heart channel into the small intestine (expelled through the urine) - pediatric sleep disorders with heat signs at night accompanied by irritability and scanty urination; adult insomnia (heart fire with kidney yin deficiency).
|Di Fu Zi|
- Clears damp heat, promotes urination - lin syndrome due to damp heat in the bladder.
- Expels dampness, stops itching - damp skin disorders, eczema, scabies, damp-heat in the external genitals.
|Dong Gua Ren|
- Clears lung and intestinal heat, expels phlegm, discharges pus - thick, sticky, yellow phlegm, damp-heat with phlegm obstruction in the upper/lower jiao (lung/intestinal abscess).
- Clears heat, drains dampness - leukorrhea due to damp-heat.
|Dong Kui Zi|
- Promotes urination - lin syndromes (hot, xue, stone), edema without lin issues, constipation.
- Benefits the breasts - insufficient lactation, painful swollen breasts, breast abscess.
- Moisten and unblocks the bowels.
- Promotes urination, drains dampness, transforms phlegm - urinary difficulty, diarrhea, edema, headache, dizziness, greasy tongue coat.
- Strengthens the spleen, harmonizes the middle jiao - diarrhea, loss of appetite.
- Quiets the heart and calms the spirit - palpitations, insomnia, forgetfulness.
|Guang Fang Zi|
- Expels wind-damp-heat - diffuse aches and pains, thirst, yellow, greasy tongue coat.
- Promotes urination and reduces edema (facial or systemic) with wheezing or leg qi.
|Han Fang Zi|
- Promotes urination, reduces edema - lower extremity edema, borborygmus, abdominal distention, ascites from lower jiao damp accumulation.
- Expels wind-damp-heat, alleviates pain - fever, red, swollen, hot, painful joints.
- Promotes urination, drains heat from the bladder - important herb for hot lin syndromes, also for damp heat generated diarrhea.
- Clears heat, summer heat (w/urinary difficult) and damp-heat through urine.
- Absorbs dampness (oozing eczema) - used topically for damp skin lesions.
|Jin Qian Cao|
- Promotes urination, important herb for stone lin syndromes (also helps for other lin types).
- Clears damp-heat in the liver and gallbladder - jaundice, red, swollen eyes.
- Reduces toxicity and swelling - snakebit, abscess, traumatic injury.
- Promotes urination, drains heat from the heart through the small intestine - irritability with sores of the mouth or tongue, scanty urination, lin syndrome, edema.
- Promotes lactation, unblocks the blood vessels - insufficient lactation, less commonly for amenorrhea and bi-syndrome.
- Clears damp heat, promotes urination, unblocks lin syndrome - for any lin, especially xue lin.
- Breaks up blood stasis - amenorrhea due to blood stasis.
- Unblocks the bowels - constipation.
- Promotes urination, drains damp-heat from the bladder - hot, stone, xue lin.
- Clears heat and stops bleeding - vomiting, uterine bleeding.
- Clears the lungs, expels phlegm, relieves cough - lung heat, wheezing.
- Promotes urination and clears heat - for damp warm febrile disease or damp-heat lin.
- Promotes lactation.
|Yi Yi Ren|
- Promotes urination, drains dampness - edema, difficult urination, damp leg qi.
- Strengthens the spleen, stops diarrhea.
- Clears heat and expels pus - carbuncles, lung or intestinal abscesses.
- Expels wind-damp, relieves joint and muscle pain.
- Clears damp-heat - any damp-heat disorder at any level with greasy tongue coating and digestive problems.
|Yin Chen Hao|
- Main herb for Jaundice.
- Clears damp heat from the liver and gallbladder - relieves jaundice (either damp heat or cold).
- Clears heat, shao yang syndrome (intermittent fever and chills, bitter taste, stifling sensation in the chest, flank pain, dizziness, nausea).
|Yu Mi Xu|
- Promotes urination - hot lin, stone lin, edema.
- Regulates the gallbladder - yin or yang jaundice.
- Wasting and thirsting disorder.
- Promotes urination, drains damp-heat in the lower burner - urinary difficulty, edema, diarrhea.
- Drains deficient kidney fire - heat signs, dizziness, tinnitus.
- Promotes urination, drains dampness - edema, scanty urination, cloudy painful urination, vaginal discharge, jaundice, diarrhea.