The Herbs That Drain Downward Functional Grouping
Our database contains 11 TCM Herbs in the Herbs That Drain Downward functional grouping
- Purgatives - constipation from interior-heat or interior-cold (both are interior excesses).
- Moist laxatives - often nuts or seeds, lubricates the intestines; mild in nature - elderly or weakness from febrile disease or from child birth.
- Harsh expellants - induce diarrhea; only for severe cases - injures the yin and qi; due to stagnation of fluids in thoracic or abdominal cavities or poor water metabolism.
- Ba Dou (Croton Seed)
- Da Huang (Rhubarb)
- Fan Xie Ye (Senna)
- Gan Sui (Kan Sui Root)
- Huo Ma Ren (Hemp Seeds)
- Lu Hui (Dried Aloe Leaf Juice)
- Mang Xiao (Glauber's Salt)
- Qian Niu Zi (Morning Glory Seed)
- Shang Lu (Poke Root)