The Herbs That Tonify Blood Functional Grouping
Our database contains 8 TCM Herbs in the Herbs That Tonify Blood functional grouping
- Symptoms of Blood Deficiency - pallid face and lips, dizziness, vertigo, diminished vision, lethargy, palpitations, dry skin, menstrual irregularities, pale tongue, fine pulse.
- Heart and liver are the most affected.
- Biomedicine - not always associated with anemia, but may arise from psychosomatic disorders, heart failure, chronic hepatitis; most herbs do not directly stimulate production of red blood cells, but perform this task indirectly.
- Not very effective when used alone - also needs herbs which tonify the yin and qi.
- Overuse may lead to indigestion - add herbs which tonify the stomach.
- Bai Shao (White Peony Root)
- Dang Gui (Chinese Angelica Root)
- E Jiao (Donkey-Hide Glue, Gelatin)
- Gou Qi Zi (Chinese Wolfberry Fruit)
- He Shou Wu (Polygonum, Fleeceflower Root)
- Long Yan Rou (Longan Fruit Flesh)