Names Of Hou Po
How Is Hou Po Categorized?
Our Database Has 7 TCM Herbs In The Aromatic Herbs That Transform Dampness Category
How Is Hou Po Used Clinically?
Hou Po Usages and Indications
- Promotes movement of Qi, transforms dampness, resolves stagnation - dampness in spleen/stomach, food stagnation, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal distention (*important herb for this).
- Warms and transforms phlegm and directs rebellious lung Qi downward - wheezing, phlegm with coughing, stifling sensation in the chest.
Cautions and Contraindications
- Avoid During Pregnancy
How Is Hou Po Prepared?
Dosage and Preparation Notes For Hou Po
- Dosage: 3-9g
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- Study Finds Yin Qiao Helpful and Safe for Children To Drop Fever
- Three Widely Used Formulas for Cardiac Fibrosis Compared (Study)
- Chinese Herbal Formula Found Helpful for Rehumatoid Arthritis Induced Osteoporosis
- Your Own Saliva Better For Wound Healing Than Yunnan Baiyao Alone
- Commonly Used Chinese Herbal Medicine for Lupus - Lab Analysis
- Chinese Herb Da Ji - Thistle - Found To Have Strong Beneficial Effects in Type I Diabetes
- Study Finds Fructus Schisandra Chinensis (Wu Wei Zi) Useful for Cholesterol Reduction
- The Inner Workings of Herb-Partitioned Moxibustion For Crohn's Disease
- The Biochemistry Of How Moxibustion Aids Post-Infectious Irritable Bowel Syndrome (PI-IBS)
- Animal Study Shows Promise for TCM Herbal Treatment of Diabetes (Yi Qi Zeng Min Tang)
Formulas Which Generally Contain Hou Po
Our database contains 10 TCM Formulas where Hou Po is generally used
- Ban Xia Hou Po Wan -Pinellia & Magnolia Pills (Regulate the Qi)
- Bao Ji Wan -Protect and Relieve Pills (Clear Heat)
- Ping Gan Liu Qi Yin Wan -Dang Gui And Pinellia Combination (Harmonize)
- Ping Wei Wan -Calm the Stomach Powder (Expel Dampness)
- Shu Gan Wan -Liver Comfort Pills (Harmonize)
- Su Zi Jiang Qi Wan -Perilla Fruit Pill to Direct Qi Downward (Regulate the Qi)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about hou po? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
Follow, Join, and Participate
Get Our App
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2020 Yin Yang House Inc