Names Of Hou Po
How Is Hou Po Categorized?
Our Database Has 7 TCM Herbs In The Aromatic Herbs That Transform Dampness Category
How Is Hou Po Used Clinically?
Hou Po Usages and Indications
- Promotes movement of Qi, transforms dampness, resolves stagnation - dampness in spleen/stomach, food stagnation, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal distention (*important herb for this).
- Warms and transforms phlegm and directs rebellious lung Qi downward - wheezing, phlegm with coughing, stifling sensation in the chest.
Cautions and Contraindications
- Avoid During Pregnancy
How Is Hou Po Prepared?
Dosage and Preparation Notes For Hou Po
- Dosage: 3-9g
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- Scorpions, Centipedes, and Hornets Nests: Chinese Herbal Medicine History
- Study Finds Wu Zi Yan Zong Wan Herbal Formula Improves Sperm Production
- Zuo Jin Wan Chinese Herbal Formula Found Helpful in Gastric (Stomach) Cancer
- Chinese Herb, Sweetflag Rhizome, Found Protective Against Alzheimer's and Neurodegeneration
- Study Finds Red Yeast Rice Lowers Risk Of Developing Diabetes
- Effects of You Gui Wan and Zuo Gui Wan Herbal Formulas on Encephalomyelitis
- Study Finds Wu Mei Wan Herbal Formula Protects Pancreatic Beta Cells in Diabetes
- Introduction to Herbal Medicine - TCM, Western, Japanese
- Study Finds Xiao Yao Wan Useful for Indigestion With Depression in Perimenopausal Women
- Effect of Chinese Herbal Medicine on Breast Cancer
Formulas Which Generally Contain Hou Po
Our database contains 10 TCM Formulas where Hou Po is generally used
- Ban Xia Hou Po Wan -Pinellia & Magnolia Pills (Regulate the Qi)
- Bao Ji Wan -Protect and Relieve Pills (Clear Heat)
- Ping Gan Liu Qi Yin Wan -Dang Gui And Pinellia Combination (Harmonize)
- Ping Wei Wan -Calm the Stomach Powder (Expel Dampness)
- Shu Gan Wan -Liver Comfort Pills (Harmonize)
- Su Zi Jiang Qi Wan -Perilla Fruit Pill to Direct Qi Downward (Regulate the Qi)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about hou po? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Tongue -teeth mark on tounge
- Pain in stomach
- Acupuncture Point Formula for treating Costochondritis
- What is zhu li da tan wan used for?
- how can know which organ is effected in Insomnia
- Application for symptoms
- Can blood stasis be cause of fibroids
- Spleen divergent channel
- Jin gu die da wan usage recommendations
- i can not feel the left pulse