Names Of Huang Lian
How Is Huang Lian Categorized?
Our Database Has 9 TCM Herbs In The Herbs That Clear Heat and Dry Dampness Category
How Is Huang Lian Used Clinically?
Huang Lian Usages and Indications
- Drains fire, relieves toxicity - high fever, irritability, disorientation, delirium, painful, red eyes, red tongue, sore throat, boils, carbuncles, abscesses.
- Clears heat, drains dampness - for damp-heat in the stomach or intestine, diarrhea or dysenteric disorder, vomiting and/or acid regurgitation due to stomach heat.
- Clears heart fire - irritability, insomnia.
- Clears heat and stops bleeding - nosebleed, blood in the urine, stool, vomiting due to hot blood.
- Topically for red, painful eyes and ulcerations of the tongue and mouth.
How Is Huang Lian Prepared?
Dosage and Preparation Notes For Huang Lian
- Dosage: 1.5-9g
Conditions Potentially Related With Huang Lian
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Huang Lian Is Discussed
- Awakening a Child From a Vegetative State with Xing Nao Kai Qiao Acupuncture
- Zuo Jin Wan Chinese Herbal Formula Found Helpful in Gastric (Stomach) Cancer
- Animal Study Shows Promise for TCM Herbal Treatment of Diabetes (Yi Qi Zeng Min Tang)
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- Effects of You Gui Wan and Zuo Gui Wan Herbal Formulas on Encephalomyelitis
- Leonurine (Chinese Motherwort) May Be Helpful For Stroke Recovery
- Multiple Myeloma Maintained with Chinese Herbal Medicine Treatment Alone (Case Study)
- Chinese Herb Da Ji - Thistle - Found To Have Strong Beneficial Effects in Type I Diabetes
- Effect of Chinese Herbal Medicine on Breast Cancer
- Treating Low Testosterone with Chinese Medicine (Herbal Medicine, Acupuncture and Moxibustion)
- Study Finds Fructus Schisandra Chinensis (Wu Wei Zi) Useful for Cholesterol Reduction
Formulas Which Generally Contain Huang Lian
Our database contains 8 TCM Formulas where Huang Lian is generally used
- Huang Lian Jie Du Wan -Coptis Decoction To Relieve Toxicity (Clear Heat)
- Huang Lian Shang Qing Wan -Coptis Clearance Pill (Clear Heat)
- Jian Pi Wan -Strengthen Spleen Pills (Reduce Food Stagnation)
- Jiang Tang Wan -Lower Blood Sugar Pill (Tonify)
- Xiang Lian Wan -Aucklandia and Coptis Pills (Clear Heat)
- Xie Xin Wan -Drain the Epigastrium Formula (Clear Heat)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about huang lian? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
Follow, Join, and Participate
Get Our App
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2019 Yin Yang House Inc