- Tonifies spleen qi - lack of appetite, fatigue, diarrhea.
- Raises yang qi of spleen and stomach - prolapse of uterus, stomach, rectum, uterine bleeding.
- Augments the wei qi and stabilizes the exterior - deficiency w/spontaneous sweating, frequent colds or shortness of breath.
- Tonify qi and blood due to loss of blood - postpartum fever.
- Edema from deficiency.
- Promote discharge of pus, generate flesh - sores due to deficiency.
For Spleen and Stomach Qi Deficiency - spontaneous sweating, aversion to cold, desire for warm beverages, shortness of breath, intermittent fever, weak speech/low voice, weak limbs, loose/watery stools.
The Pulse will be deficient and rootless in the spleen position or simply deficient overall and the Tongue will be pale with a thin white coat.
The formula is used to tonify both the spleen and heart which can be damaged from excessive overthinking, compulsions, etc. along with poor dietary habits and stressful lifestyle. General indications are anxiety, phobias, palpitations, insomnia, dream disturbed sleep, poor appetite, pallid complexion.
In women spleen and heart deficiencies may lead to prolonged periods with little flow or early periods, heavier with pale blood.
The Pulse will be thin and frail and the Tongue will be pale with a thin white coat.