Names Of Ma Huang
How Is Ma Huang Categorized?
Our Database Has 13 TCM Herbs In The Herbs That Release The Exterior Wind Cold Category
How Is Ma Huang Used Clinically?
Ma Huang Usages and Indications
- Induce sweating to release the exterior, disperse cold
- Disperse lung qi, wheezing
- Promote urination and reduces edema
Cautions and Contraindications
- Not for long-term use as sweating will weaken the qi
- Use cautiously in deficiency condition
- May cause and/or contribute to hypertension, insomnia, mental restlessness
How Is Ma Huang Prepared?
Dosage and Preparation Notes For Ma Huang
- Dosage: 3-9g
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- Chinese Herbal Formulas and Self-Help Acupressure for Colds and Flus - Yin Qiao, Gan Mao Ling, ...
- Leonurine (Chinese Motherwort) May Be Helpful For Stroke Recovery
- Study Finds Xiao Chai Hu Tang Offers An Anti-Depressant Effect
- Rhinitis Study Finds Yu Ping Feng Wan with Western Treatment Far Superior to Western Treatment Alone
- Yunnan Baiyao Herbal Formula Found Helpful for Colitis / Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Research - Benefits of Jiang Tang Wan Herbal Formula for Diabetes with Exercise & Meta-analysis
- Successful Long Term Treatment of HIV/AIDS with Only Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Zuo Jin Wan Chinese Herbal Formula Found Helpful in Gastric (Stomach) Cancer
- Commonly Used Chinese Herbal Medicine for Lupus - Lab Analysis
- Western Chemo Actions Aided by Shi Quan Da Bu Wan Herbal Formula for Gastrointestinal Cancers
Formulas Which Generally Contain Ma Huang
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about ma huang? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
Follow, Join, and Participate
Get Our App
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2019 Yin Yang House Inc