Names Of Ma Huang
How Is Ma Huang Categorized?
Our Database Has 13 TCM Herbs In The Herbs That Release The Exterior Wind Cold Category
How Is Ma Huang Used Clinically?
Ma Huang Usages and Indications
- Induce sweating to release the exterior, disperse cold
- Disperse lung qi, wheezing
- Promote urination and reduces edema
Cautions and Contraindications
- Not for long-term use as sweating will weaken the qi
- Use cautiously in deficiency condition
- May cause and/or contribute to hypertension, insomnia, mental restlessness
How Is Ma Huang Prepared?
Dosage and Preparation Notes For Ma Huang
- Dosage: 3-9g
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Ma Huang Is Discussed
- Chinese Medicine Lifestyle And Herbal Approaches To The Coronavirus
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- Chinese Herbal Formula Found Helpful for Rehumatoid Arthritis Induced Osteoporosis
- Your Own Saliva Better For Wound Healing Than Yunnan Baiyao Alone
- Animal Study Shows Promise for TCM Herbal Treatment of Diabetes (Yi Qi Zeng Min Tang)
- Chinese Herb Da Ji - Thistle - Found To Have Strong Beneficial Effects in Type I Diabetes
- Basic Mineral and Vitamin Supplements Could Limit Covid-19 Progression (Study)
- Study Finds Chinese Herbal Formula Yin Chen Hao Tang Protects Liver From Cholestatic Damage
- Polygonum Multiflorum (He Shou Wu) Shows Beneficial Effect on Alzheimers Disease
- Western Chemo Actions Aided by Shi Quan Da Bu Wan Herbal Formula for Gastrointestinal Cancers
- Study Finds Fructus Schisandra Chinensis (Wu Wei Zi) Useful for Cholesterol Reduction
Formulas Which Generally Contain Ma Huang
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about ma huang? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- bechet's disease
- Fibrosis Pulmonary
- Vagul Nervous system.
- Question about Shipping to EU
- Shen Tong Zhu Yu Availability
- Help for PoTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome)
- acupuncture used to decrease opioids in bariatric surgery
- Blood stasis in uterus and legs / herbal formula
- recurring boils
- Female senior , Ovaries , as / if related to Brain Health