Names Of Ma Huang
How Is Ma Huang Categorized?
Our Database Has 13 TCM Herbs In The Herbs That Release The Exterior Wind Cold Category
How Is Ma Huang Used Clinically?
Ma Huang Usages and Indications
- Induce sweating to release the exterior, disperse cold
- Disperse lung qi, wheezing
- Promote urination and reduces edema
Cautions and Contraindications
- Not for long-term use as sweating will weaken the qi
- Use cautiously in deficiency condition
- May cause and/or contribute to hypertension, insomnia, mental restlessness
How Is Ma Huang Prepared?
Dosage and Preparation Notes For Ma Huang
- Dosage: 3-9g
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- Commonly Used Chinese Herbal Medicine for Lupus - Lab Analysis
- You Gui Wan Herbal Formula May Offer Alternative to Hormone Replacement Therapy After Oophorectomy
- Basic Guidelines For Choosing An Appropriate Herbal Formula
- Study Finds Yin Qiao Helpful and Safe for Children To Drop Fever
- Scorpions, Centipedes, and Hornets Nests: Chinese Herbal Medicine History
- Western Chemo Actions Aided by Shi Quan Da Bu Wan Herbal Formula for Gastrointestinal Cancers
- TCM Herbal Formula Zeng Ye Tang Found Useful Against Primary Sjogren's Syndrome
- Research - Benefits of Jiang Tang Wan Herbal Formula for Diabetes with Exercise & Meta-analysis
- Study Finds Shu Gan Liang Xue Herbal Formula Has Breast Cancer Anti Tumor Effect
- Rhinitis Study Finds Yu Ping Feng Wan with Western Treatment Far Superior to Western Treatment Alone
Formulas Which Generally Contain Ma Huang
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about ma huang? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Unable to locate both wrist tendons
- 70 y.o. woman with persistent diarrhea & other heat symptoms
- Question regarding acupuncture for emergency
- Iron constipation
- Neuro Muscular Distrophy"
- What are the points for infected boils please?
- Polyps (nasal) treatment with herbs
- Heavily rhinitis problem
- Xiao Yao san and Gui pi tan taken together with antidepressants and anxiolitic drugs
- CHAPPED LIPS, chronic
Follow, Join, and Participate
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2019 Yin Yang House Inc