Names Of Ma Huang
How Is Ma Huang Categorized?
Our Database Has 13 TCM Herbs In The Herbs That Release The Exterior Wind Cold Category
How Is Ma Huang Used Clinically?
Ma Huang Usages and Indications
- Induce sweating to release the exterior, disperse cold
- Disperse lung qi, wheezing
- Promote urination and reduces edema
Cautions and Contraindications
- Not for long-term use as sweating will weaken the qi
- Use cautiously in deficiency condition
- May cause and/or contribute to hypertension, insomnia, mental restlessness
How Is Ma Huang Prepared?
Dosage and Preparation Notes For Ma Huang
- Dosage: 3-9g
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- Successful Long Term Treatment of HIV/AIDS with Only Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Three Widely Used Formulas for Cardiac Fibrosis Compared (Study)
- Double Blind Study Finds Dang Gui Wan Effective For Menopausal Symptoms (Hot Flashes, Nightsweats)
- Study Finds Yin Qiao Helpful and Safe for Children To Drop Fever
- Study Finds Wu Mei Wan Herbal Formula Protects Pancreatic Beta Cells in Diabetes
- The Inner Workings of Herb-Partitioned Moxibustion For Crohn's Disease
- Rhinitis Study Finds Yu Ping Feng Wan with Western Treatment Far Superior to Western Treatment Alone
- TCM Formula Gan Mai Da Zao Wan Found Effective for "Several" Mental Health Issues
- Study Finds Red Yeast Rice Lowers Risk Of Developing Diabetes
- Qing Dai Herb Found To Counter GI Problems from NSAID Use
Formulas Which Generally Contain Ma Huang
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about ma huang? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
Follow, Join, and Participate
Get Our App
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2020 Yin Yang House Inc