Names Of Ma Huang
How Is Ma Huang Categorized?
Our Database Has 13 TCM Herbs In The Herbs That Release The Exterior Wind Cold Category
How Is Ma Huang Used Clinically?
Ma Huang Usages and Indications
- Induce sweating to release the exterior, disperse cold
- Disperse lung qi, wheezing
- Promote urination and reduces edema
Cautions and Contraindications
- Not for long-term use as sweating will weaken the qi
- Use cautiously in deficiency condition
- May cause and/or contribute to hypertension, insomnia, mental restlessness
How Is Ma Huang Prepared?
Dosage and Preparation Notes For Ma Huang
- Dosage: 3-9g
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- Effects of You Gui Wan and Zuo Gui Wan Herbal Formulas on Encephalomyelitis
- Your Own Saliva Better For Wound Healing Than Yunnan Baiyao Alone
- Bu Zhong Yi Qi Wan - Why It Helps With Chemo Related Fatigue? (Study)
- Study Explores Beneficial Effects of Popular Chinese Herbal Formula on Diabetic Retinopathy
- Animal Study Shows Promise for TCM Herbal Treatment of Diabetes (Yi Qi Zeng Min Tang)
- Three Widely Used Formulas for Cardiac Fibrosis Compared (Study)
- You Gui Wan Herbal Formula May Offer Alternative to Hormone Replacement Therapy After Oophorectomy
- Research - Benefits of Jiang Tang Wan Herbal Formula for Diabetes with Exercise & Meta-analysis
- Musical Gongs and Xiao Yao Wan Herbs May Help Liver Qi Stagnation and Spleen Qi Deficiency
- TCM Formula Gan Mai Da Zao Wan Found Effective for "Several" Mental Health Issues
Formulas Which Generally Contain Ma Huang
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about ma huang? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
Follow, Join, and Participate
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2019 Yin Yang House Inc