Names Of Mu Tong
How Is Mu Tong Categorized?
Our Database Has 23 TCM Herbs In The Herbs That Drain Dampness Category
How Is Mu Tong Used Clinically?
Mu Tong Usages and Indications
- Promotes urination, drains heat from the heart through the small intestine - irritability with sores of the mouth or tongue, scanty urination, lin syndrome, edema.
- Promotes lactation, unblocks the blood vessels - insufficient lactation, less commonly for amenorrhea and bi-syndrome.
Cautions and Contraindications
- Avoid during Pregnancy.
- Toxic - can lead to renal failure (aristolochic acid).
How Is Mu Tong Prepared?
Dosage and Preparation Notes For Mu Tong
- Dosage: 3-9g
Conditions Potentially Related With Mu Tong
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- The Biochemistry Of How Moxibustion Aids Post-Infectious Irritable Bowel Syndrome (PI-IBS)
- Musical Gongs and Xiao Yao Wan Herbs May Help Liver Qi Stagnation and Spleen Qi Deficiency
- Introduction to Herbal Medicine - TCM, Western, Japanese
- Yunnan Baiyao Herbal Formula Found Helpful for Colitis / Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Bu Zhong Yi Qi Wan - Why It Helps With Chemo Related Fatigue? (Study)
- Chinese Herb Da Ji - Thistle - Found To Have Strong Beneficial Effects in Type I Diabetes
- Study Finds Yin Qiao Helpful and Safe for Children To Drop Fever
- Leonurine (Chinese Motherwort) May Be Helpful For Stroke Recovery
- Chinese Medicine and Weight Loss
- Commonly Used Chinese Herbal Medicine for Lupus - Lab Analysis
Formulas Which Generally Contain Mu Tong
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about mu tong? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
Follow, Join, and Participate
Get Our App
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2020 Yin Yang House Inc