Names Of Mu Tong
How Is Mu Tong Categorized?
Our Database Has 23 TCM Herbs In The Herbs That Drain Dampness Category
How Is Mu Tong Used Clinically?
Mu Tong Usages and Indications
- Promotes urination, drains heat from the heart through the small intestine - irritability with sores of the mouth or tongue, scanty urination, lin syndrome, edema.
- Promotes lactation, unblocks the blood vessels - insufficient lactation, less commonly for amenorrhea and bi-syndrome.
Cautions and Contraindications
- Avoid during Pregnancy.
- Toxic - can lead to renal failure (aristolochic acid).
How Is Mu Tong Prepared?
Dosage and Preparation Notes For Mu Tong
- Dosage: 3-9g
Conditions Potentially Related With Mu Tong
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- Leonurine (Chinese Motherwort) May Be Helpful For Stroke Recovery
- TCM Herbal Formula Zeng Ye Tang Found Useful Against Primary Sjogren's Syndrome
- The Biochemistry Of How Moxibustion Aids Post-Infectious Irritable Bowel Syndrome (PI-IBS)
- Chinese Herbal Formula Creates Metabolic Changes in Brains of Patients with Alzheimers Disease
- Study Finds Fructus Schisandra Chinensis (Wu Wei Zi) Useful for Cholesterol Reduction
- Musical Gongs and Xiao Yao Wan Herbs May Help Liver Qi Stagnation and Spleen Qi Deficiency
- Rhinitis Study Finds Yu Ping Feng Wan with Western Treatment Far Superior to Western Treatment Alone
- The Inner Workings of Herb-Partitioned Moxibustion For Crohn's Disease
- Commonly Used Chinese Herbal Medicine for Lupus - Lab Analysis
- Chinese Herb Da Ji - Thistle - Found To Have Strong Beneficial Effects in Type I Diabetes
Formulas Which Generally Contain Mu Tong
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about mu tong? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Tongue -teeth mark on tounge
- Pain in stomach
- Acupuncture Point Formula for treating Costochondritis
- What is zhu li da tan wan used for?
- how can know which organ is effected in Insomnia
- Application for symptoms
- Can blood stasis be cause of fibroids
- Spleen divergent channel
- Jin gu die da wan usage recommendations
- i can not feel the left pulse