Names Of Mu Tong
How Is Mu Tong Categorized?
Our Database Has 23 TCM Herbs In The Herbs That Drain Dampness Category
How Is Mu Tong Used Clinically?
Mu Tong Usages and Indications
- Promotes urination, drains heat from the heart through the small intestine - irritability with sores of the mouth or tongue, scanty urination, lin syndrome, edema.
- Promotes lactation, unblocks the blood vessels - insufficient lactation, less commonly for amenorrhea and bi-syndrome.
Cautions and Contraindications
- Avoid during Pregnancy.
- Toxic - can lead to renal failure (aristolochic acid).
How Is Mu Tong Prepared?
Dosage and Preparation Notes For Mu Tong
- Dosage: 3-9g
Conditions Potentially Related With Mu Tong
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- Yue Ju Wan Herbal Formula Shows Rapid Antidepressant Effect (Study)
- Study Finds Wu Mei Wan Herbal Formula Protects Pancreatic Beta Cells in Diabetes
- Chinese Herbal Formula Creates Metabolic Changes in Brains of Patients with Alzheimers Disease
- Double Blind Study Finds Dang Gui Wan Effective For Menopausal Symptoms (Hot Flashes, Nightsweats)
- Lavender Oil Massage Helpful for Infantile Colic
- Treating Low Testosterone with Chinese Medicine (Herbal Medicine, Acupuncture and Moxibustion)
- Study Finds Shu Gan Liang Xue Herbal Formula Has Breast Cancer Anti Tumor Effect
- Chinese Herbal Formula Found Helpful for Rehumatoid Arthritis Induced Osteoporosis
- The Inner Workings of Herb-Partitioned Moxibustion For Crohn's Disease
- Ren Shen Yang Rong Wan Found Effective for Post Cancer Fatigue
Formulas Which Generally Contain Mu Tong
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about mu tong? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
Follow, Join, and Participate
Get Our App
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2020 Yin Yang House Inc