Names Of Mu Tong
How Is Mu Tong Categorized?
Our Database Has 23 TCM Herbs In The Herbs That Drain Dampness Category
How Is Mu Tong Used Clinically?
Mu Tong Usages and Indications
- Promotes urination, drains heat from the heart through the small intestine - irritability with sores of the mouth or tongue, scanty urination, lin syndrome, edema.
- Promotes lactation, unblocks the blood vessels - insufficient lactation, less commonly for amenorrhea and bi-syndrome.
Cautions and Contraindications
- Avoid during Pregnancy.
- Toxic - can lead to renal failure (aristolochic acid).
How Is Mu Tong Prepared?
Dosage and Preparation Notes For Mu Tong
- Dosage: 3-9g
Conditions Potentially Related With Mu Tong
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- Successful Long Term Treatment of HIV/AIDS with Only Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Understanding How Chai Hu Shu Gan Wan Help With Depression in Epilepsy Patients (Study)
- Commonly Used Chinese Herbal Medicine for Lupus - Lab Analysis
- Yunnan Baiyao Herbal Formula Found Helpful for Colitis / Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Animal Study Shows Promise for TCM Herbal Treatment of Diabetes (Yi Qi Zeng Min Tang)
- Chinese Medicine and Weight Loss
- Parkinson's Disease Yields To Basic Moxibustion Treatment (Study)
- Study Finds Wu Mei Wan Herbal Formula Protects Pancreatic Beta Cells in Diabetes
- Study Finds Xiao Yao Wan Useful for Indigestion With Depression in Perimenopausal Women
- Treating Low Testosterone with Chinese Medicine (Herbal Medicine, Acupuncture and Moxibustion)
Formulas Which Generally Contain Mu Tong
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about mu tong? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- acupuncture used to decrease opioids in bariatric surgery
- Blood stasis in uterus and legs / herbal formula
- recurring boils
- Female senior , Ovaries , as / if related to Brain Health
- Im an acupuncture student
- Meridian Pen / Electronic Acupoint Massager with Laser/ Electronic Acupuncture Tendon Retractor Rod
- Cold and Thirst at night
- My Spleen is Weak
- Excess body heat
- Help with Covid Symptoms