Names Of Mu Tong
How Is Mu Tong Categorized?
Our Database Has 23 TCM Herbs In The Herbs That Drain Dampness Category
How Is Mu Tong Used Clinically?
Mu Tong Usages and Indications
- Promotes urination, drains heat from the heart through the small intestine - irritability with sores of the mouth or tongue, scanty urination, lin syndrome, edema.
- Promotes lactation, unblocks the blood vessels - insufficient lactation, less commonly for amenorrhea and bi-syndrome.
Cautions and Contraindications
- Avoid during Pregnancy.
- Toxic - can lead to renal failure (aristolochic acid).
How Is Mu Tong Prepared?
Dosage and Preparation Notes For Mu Tong
- Dosage: 3-9g
Conditions Potentially Related With Mu Tong
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- Study Finds Fructus Schisandra Chinensis (Wu Wei Zi) Useful for Cholesterol Reduction
- Effects of You Gui Wan and Zuo Gui Wan Herbal Formulas on Encephalomyelitis
- Chinese Herbal Formula Creates Metabolic Changes in Brains of Patients with Alzheimers Disease
- Study Finds Xiao Yao Wan Useful for Indigestion With Depression in Perimenopausal Women
- Leonurine (Chinese Motherwort) May Be Helpful For Stroke Recovery
- Analysis of TCM Herbal Formula Xian Fang Huo Ming Yin for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Qing Dai Herb Found To Counter GI Problems from NSAID Use
- Liu Wei Di Huang Wan Formula Shown To Prevent Post-Menopause Atherosclerosis
- The Inner Workings of Herb-Partitioned Moxibustion For Crohn's Disease
- Commonly Used Chinese Herbal Medicine for Lupus - Lab Analysis
Formulas Which Generally Contain Mu Tong
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about mu tong? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
Follow, Join, and Participate
Get Our App
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2020 Yin Yang House Inc