Names Of Niu Huang
How Is Niu Huang Categorized?
Our Database Has 6 TCM Herbs In The Herbs That Open Orifices Category
How Is Niu Huang Used Clinically?
Niu Huang Usages and Indications
- Clears the heart, opens the orifices, awakens the spirit, vaporizes phlegm - delirium or coma due to wind-heat or hot diseases with hot phlegm obstructing the pericardium.
- Clears the liver, relieves toxicity, extinguishes wind, stops tremors - spasms, tremors, convulsions with high fever due to heat entering the liver.
- Drains heat and relieves fire toxicity - red, painful, swollen, or ulcerated throat as well as for sores, carbuncles, boils, and a wide variety of hot swellings.
Cautions and Contraindications
- Do not use during pregnancy.
How Is Niu Huang Prepared?
Dosage and Preparation Notes For Niu Huang
- Dosage: 0.15-1g
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Niu Huang Is Discussed
- Awakening a Child From a Vegetative State with Xing Nao Kai Qiao Acupuncture
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- Research - Benefits of Jiang Tang Wan Herbal Formula for Diabetes with Exercise & Meta-analysis
- Study Explores Beneficial Effects of Popular Chinese Herbal Formula on Diabetic Retinopathy
- The Biochemistry Of How Moxibustion Aids Post-Infectious Irritable Bowel Syndrome (PI-IBS)
- Western Chemo Actions Aided by Shi Quan Da Bu Wan Herbal Formula for Gastrointestinal Cancers
- Study Explores Anti-Asthmatic Effects Of Moxibustion
- Ye Gu Herb (Aeginetia Indica) Found To Have Anti-Cancer Benefits in Kidney/Renal Cancer Disease
- Common Chinese Herbal Formula Effective Against Post-Op Delirium
- Study Finds Wu Zi Yan Zong Wan Herbal Formula Improves Sperm Production
- Basic Guidelines For Choosing An Appropriate Herbal Formula
Formulas Which Generally Contain Niu Huang
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about niu huang? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
Follow, Join, and Participate
Get Our App
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2020 Yin Yang House Inc