Names Of Niu Huang
How Is Niu Huang Categorized?
Our Database Has 6 TCM Herbs In The Herbs That Open Orifices Category
How Is Niu Huang Used Clinically?
Niu Huang Usages and Indications
- Clears the heart, opens the orifices, awakens the spirit, vaporizes phlegm - delirium or coma due to wind-heat or hot diseases with hot phlegm obstructing the pericardium.
- Clears the liver, relieves toxicity, extinguishes wind, stops tremors - spasms, tremors, convulsions with high fever due to heat entering the liver.
- Drains heat and relieves fire toxicity - red, painful, swollen, or ulcerated throat as well as for sores, carbuncles, boils, and a wide variety of hot swellings.
Cautions and Contraindications
- Do not use during pregnancy.
How Is Niu Huang Prepared?
Dosage and Preparation Notes For Niu Huang
- Dosage: 0.15-1g
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Niu Huang Is Discussed
- Awakening a Child From a Vegetative State with Xing Nao Kai Qiao Acupuncture
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- Yunnan Baiyao Herbal Formula Found Helpful for Colitis / Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Parkinson's Disease Yields To Basic Moxibustion Treatment (Study)
- Study Finds Yin Qiao Helpful and Safe for Children To Drop Fever
- Chinese Herb Da Ji - Thistle - Found To Have Strong Beneficial Effects in Type I Diabetes
- Study Finds Wu Zi Yan Zong Wan Herbal Formula Improves Sperm Production
- Introduction to Herbal Medicine - TCM, Western, Japanese
- Yi Guan Jian Herbal Formula May Aid Liver Damage
- Chinese Medicine and Weight Loss
- Polygonum Multiflorum (He Shou Wu) Shows Beneficial Effect on Alzheimers Disease
Formulas Which Generally Contain Niu Huang
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about niu huang? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Trapped wind and bloating
- Neuropathy blend
- Chinese Medicine Lifestyle And Herbal Approaches To The Coronavirus - discussion (2020-03-26 03:26:29am)
- CTEPH-Chronic clots causing pulmonary hypertension
- Compromised immune system
- Purulent tooth root
- Iron Deficiency or Iron Overload
- Chronic Vaginal Discharge
- About Spleen 4 for cold feet and Yang
- Introduction to the Tong Ren Therapy - Energy Healing Method - discussion (2020-03-16 08:41:04am)
Follow, Join, and Participate
Get Our App
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2020 Yin Yang House Inc