Names Of Niu Huang
How Is Niu Huang Categorized?
Our Database Has 6 TCM Herbs In The Herbs That Open Orifices Category
How Is Niu Huang Used Clinically?
Niu Huang Usages and Indications
- Clears the heart, opens the orifices, awakens the spirit, vaporizes phlegm - delirium or coma due to wind-heat or hot diseases with hot phlegm obstructing the pericardium.
- Clears the liver, relieves toxicity, extinguishes wind, stops tremors - spasms, tremors, convulsions with high fever due to heat entering the liver.
- Drains heat and relieves fire toxicity - red, painful, swollen, or ulcerated throat as well as for sores, carbuncles, boils, and a wide variety of hot swellings.
Cautions and Contraindications
- Do not use during pregnancy.
How Is Niu Huang Prepared?
Dosage and Preparation Notes For Niu Huang
- Dosage: 0.15-1g
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Niu Huang Is Discussed
- Awakening a Child From a Vegetative State with Xing Nao Kai Qiao Acupuncture
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- Chinese Herbal Medicines - Teas vs. Prepared Pills/Granules - Researchers Say No Clinical Differences
- Widely Used Chinese Herbal Medicine Formula for IBS and Crohn's - Mechanisms Explored (Study)
- Analysis of TCM Herbal Formula Xian Fang Huo Ming Yin for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Western Chemo Actions Aided by Shi Quan Da Bu Wan Herbal Formula for Gastrointestinal Cancers
- You Gui Wan Herbal Formula May Offer Alternative to Hormone Replacement Therapy After Oophorectomy
- Lavender Oil Massage Helpful for Infantile Colic
- Commonly Used Chinese Herbal Medicine for Lupus - Lab Analysis
- TCM Formula Gan Mai Da Zao Wan Found Effective for "Several" Mental Health Issues
- Qing Dai Herb Found To Counter GI Problems from NSAID Use
Formulas Which Generally Contain Niu Huang
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about niu huang? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Treatment of sudden death- grief plus shock
- Acupressure points for back pain, blue lips and numbness
- Dong Gua Ren how to use it
- Gluten allergy. Nothing helps :/
- GV 4 (in males under 20)
- Treatment of Myeloma
- What is Moxibustion...
- Leg health, veins
- Questions about cysts, tea pills, and liver enzymes
- Reoccurring Hypoglycemia
Follow, Join, and Participate
Get Our App
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2019 Yin Yang House Inc