Names Of Niu Huang
How Is Niu Huang Categorized?
Our Database Has 6 TCM Herbs In The Herbs That Open Orifices Category
How Is Niu Huang Used Clinically?
Niu Huang Usages and Indications
- Clears the heart, opens the orifices, awakens the spirit, vaporizes phlegm - delirium or coma due to wind-heat or hot diseases with hot phlegm obstructing the pericardium.
- Clears the liver, relieves toxicity, extinguishes wind, stops tremors - spasms, tremors, convulsions with high fever due to heat entering the liver.
- Drains heat and relieves fire toxicity - red, painful, swollen, or ulcerated throat as well as for sores, carbuncles, boils, and a wide variety of hot swellings.
Cautions and Contraindications
- Do not use during pregnancy.
How Is Niu Huang Prepared?
Dosage and Preparation Notes For Niu Huang
- Dosage: 0.15-1g
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Niu Huang Is Discussed
- Awakening a Child From a Vegetative State with Xing Nao Kai Qiao Acupuncture
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- Commonly Used Chinese Herbal Medicine for Lupus - Lab Analysis
- Double Blind Study Finds Dang Gui Wan Effective For Menopausal Symptoms (Hot Flashes, Nightsweats)
- Study Finds Yin Qiao Helpful and Safe for Children To Drop Fever
- Qing Dai Herb Found To Counter GI Problems from NSAID Use
- Research - Benefits of Jiang Tang Wan Herbal Formula for Diabetes with Exercise & Meta-analysis
- Understanding How Chai Hu Shu Gan Wan Help With Depression in Epilepsy Patients (Study)
- Ren Shen Yang Rong Wan Found Effective for Post Cancer Fatigue
- Introduction to Herbal Medicine - TCM, Western, Japanese
- The Biochemistry Of How Moxibustion Aids Post-Infectious Irritable Bowel Syndrome (PI-IBS)
Formulas Which Generally Contain Niu Huang
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about niu huang? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- How long does it take to fully recover from yang collapse?
- Query re allergiesp
- Pigu Chi Gong Fasting
- Adrenaline and insomnia - acupuncture?
- Chronic nose/sinus problems
- Get the formula.
- Nasal carcinoma TCM treatment
- shu gan wan formula
- Slippery pulse with blood deficiency
- Insomnia treating with entry / exit points
Follow, Join, and Participate
Get Our App
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2020 Yin Yang House Inc