Names Of Rou Gui
How Is Rou Gui Categorized?
Our Database Has 8 TCM Herbs In The Herbs That Warm the Interior and Expel Cold Category
How Is Rou Gui Used Clinically?
Rou Gui Usages and Indications
- Warms the kidneys and fortifies yang - aversion to cold, cold limbs, weak back, impotence, frequent urination; also for waning of spleen and kidney yang with abdominal pain and cold, reduced appetite, diarrhea; wheezing due to failure of the kidneys to grasp the Qi.
- Leads floating yang back to its source - upward floating of deficient yang; flushed face, wheezing, severe sweating (like oil), weak and cold lower extremities, deficient and rootless pulse (false heat-true cold, or heat above-cold below).
- Disperses deep cold, warms the channels, alleviates pain due to cold causing qi or blood stasis; amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea.
- Encourages generation of Qi and blood.
Cautions and Contraindications
How Is Rou Gui Prepared?
Dosage and Preparation Notes For Rou Gui
- Dosage: 1.5-4.5g
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Rou Gui Is Discussed
- Scorpions, Centipedes, and Hornets Nests: Chinese Herbal Medicine History
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- Successful Long Term Treatment of HIV/AIDS with Only Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Ye Gu Herb (Aeginetia Indica) Found To Have Anti-Cancer Benefits in Kidney/Renal Cancer Disease
- TCM Herbal Formula Zeng Ye Tang Found Useful Against Primary Sjogren's Syndrome
- Parkinson's Disease Yields To Basic Moxibustion Treatment (Study)
- Study Finds Yin Qiao Helpful and Safe for Children To Drop Fever
- Widely Used Chinese Herbal Medicine Formula for IBS and Crohn's - Mechanisms Explored (Study)
- Analysis of TCM Herbal Formula Xian Fang Huo Ming Yin for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Treating Low Testosterone with Chinese Medicine (Herbal Medicine, Acupuncture and Moxibustion)
- Study Finds Wu Mei Wan Herbal Formula Protects Pancreatic Beta Cells in Diabetes
Formulas Which Generally Contain Rou Gui
Our database contains 10 TCM Formulas where Rou Gui is generally used
- Shao Fu Zhu Yu Wan -Abdominal Stasis Relief Pills (Invigorate the Blood)
- Shi Quan Da Bu Wan -Ten Tonics Nourishment Pills (Tonify)
- Su Zi Jiang Qi Wan -Perilla Fruit Pill to Direct Qi Downward (Regulate the Qi)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about rou gui? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums