Names Of Rou Gui
How Is Rou Gui Categorized?
Our Database Has 8 TCM Herbs In The Herbs That Warm the Interior and Expel Cold Category
How Is Rou Gui Used Clinically?
Rou Gui Usages and Indications
- Warms the kidneys and fortifies yang - aversion to cold, cold limbs, weak back, impotence, frequent urination; also for waning of spleen and kidney yang with abdominal pain and cold, reduced appetite, diarrhea; wheezing due to failure of the kidneys to grasp the Qi.
- Leads floating yang back to its source - upward floating of deficient yang; flushed face, wheezing, severe sweating (like oil), weak and cold lower extremities, deficient and rootless pulse (false heat-true cold, or heat above-cold below).
- Disperses deep cold, warms the channels, alleviates pain due to cold causing qi or blood stasis; amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea.
- Encourages generation of Qi and blood.
Cautions and Contraindications
How Is Rou Gui Prepared?
Dosage and Preparation Notes For Rou Gui
- Dosage: 1.5-4.5g
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Rou Gui Is Discussed
- Scorpions, Centipedes, and Hornets Nests: Chinese Herbal Medicine History
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- Chinese Herbal Formulas and Self-Help Acupressure for Colds and Flus - Yin Qiao, Gan Mao Ling, ...
- Study Finds Xiao Chai Hu Tang Offers An Anti-Depressant Effect
- Chinese Medicine and Weight Loss
- Study Finds Fructus Schisandra Chinensis (Wu Wei Zi) Useful for Cholesterol Reduction
- Study Finds Yin Qiao Helpful and Safe for Children To Drop Fever
- Yunnan Baiyao Herbal Formula Found Helpful for Colitis / Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- You Gui Wan Herbal Formula May Offer Alternative to Hormone Replacement Therapy After Oophorectomy
- Western Chemo Actions Aided by Shi Quan Da Bu Wan Herbal Formula for Gastrointestinal Cancers
- Zuo Jin Wan Chinese Herbal Formula Found Helpful in Gastric (Stomach) Cancer
Formulas Which Generally Contain Rou Gui
Our database contains 10 TCM Formulas where Rou Gui is generally used
- Shao Fu Zhu Yu Wan -Abdominal Stasis Relief Pills (Invigorate the Blood)
- Shi Quan Da Bu Wan -Ten Tonics Nourishment Pills (Tonify)
- Su Zi Jiang Qi Wan -Perilla Fruit Pill to Direct Qi Downward (Regulate the Qi)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about rou gui? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Fatigue and imbalance
- Liu Wei Huang Wan during menses
- Extra Point TIAN DONG, in the neck. how to know this point?
- Treatment of sudden death- grief plus shock
- Acupressure points for back pain, blue lips and numbness
- Dong Gua Ren how to use it
- Gluten allergy. Nothing helps :/
- GV 4 (in males under 20)
- Treatment of Myeloma
- What is Moxibustion...
Follow, Join, and Participate
Get Our App
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2019 Yin Yang House Inc