Names Of Rou Gui
How Is Rou Gui Categorized?
Our Database Has 8 TCM Herbs In The Herbs That Warm the Interior and Expel Cold Category
How Is Rou Gui Used Clinically?
Rou Gui Usages and Indications
- Warms the kidneys and fortifies yang - aversion to cold, cold limbs, weak back, impotence, frequent urination; also for waning of spleen and kidney yang with abdominal pain and cold, reduced appetite, diarrhea; wheezing due to failure of the kidneys to grasp the Qi.
- Leads floating yang back to its source - upward floating of deficient yang; flushed face, wheezing, severe sweating (like oil), weak and cold lower extremities, deficient and rootless pulse (false heat-true cold, or heat above-cold below).
- Disperses deep cold, warms the channels, alleviates pain due to cold causing qi or blood stasis; amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea.
- Encourages generation of Qi and blood.
Cautions and Contraindications
How Is Rou Gui Prepared?
Dosage and Preparation Notes For Rou Gui
- Dosage: 1.5-4.5g
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Rou Gui Is Discussed
- Scorpions, Centipedes, and Hornets Nests: Chinese Herbal Medicine History
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- Research - Benefits of Jiang Tang Wan Herbal Formula for Diabetes with Exercise & Meta-analysis
- Parkinson's Disease Yields To Basic Moxibustion Treatment (Study)
- Common Chinese Herbal Formula Effective Against Post-Op Delirium
- Double Blind Study Finds Dang Gui Wan Effective For Menopausal Symptoms (Hot Flashes, Nightsweats)
- Basic Guidelines For Choosing An Appropriate Herbal Formula
- Qing Dai Herb Found To Counter GI Problems from NSAID Use
- Chinese Herbal Formula Creates Metabolic Changes in Brains of Patients with Alzheimers Disease
- Study Explores Beneficial Effects of Popular Chinese Herbal Formula on Diabetic Retinopathy
- Commonly Used Chinese Herbal Medicine for Lupus - Lab Analysis
Formulas Which Generally Contain Rou Gui
Our database contains 10 TCM Formulas where Rou Gui is generally used
- Shao Fu Zhu Yu Wan -Abdominal Stasis Relief Pills (Invigorate the Blood)
- Shi Quan Da Bu Wan -Ten Tonics Nourishment Pills (Tonify)
- Su Zi Jiang Qi Wan -Perilla Fruit Pill to Direct Qi Downward (Regulate the Qi)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about rou gui? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
Follow, Join, and Participate
Get Our App
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2020 Yin Yang House Inc