Names Of Sheng Di Huang
How Is Sheng Di Huang Categorized?
Our Database Has 8 TCM Herbs In The Herbs That Cool The Blood Category
How Is Sheng Di Huang Used Clinically?
Sheng Di Huang Usages and Indications
- Clears Heat, Cools Blood. High fever, thirst, scarlet tongue, hemorrhage due to heat in the Blood.
- Nourishes Yin, Generates Fluids. Yin Deficiency with heat signs with injury to body fluids. Dry mouth, low-grade fever, constipation, throat pain from yin deficiency.
- Cools Ascending Heart Fire (HT, LV). Mouth and tongue sores, irritability, insomnia, malar flush.
- Wasting thirst disorder.
Cautions and Contraindications
Spleen Deficiency, Yang Deficiency, Damp Phlegm, Digestion Difficulties.All Cautions
How Is Sheng Di Huang Prepared?
Dosage and Preparation Notes For Sheng Di Huang
- Dosage: 9-30g
Conditions Potentially Related With Sheng Di Huang
Blogs Posts Related To Herbal Medicine and Sheng Di Huang
- Yue Ju Wan Herbal Formula Shows Rapid Antidepressant Effect (Study) (Herbal Medicine – Yin Yang House)
- Multiple Myeloma Maintained with Chinese Herbal Medicine Treatment Alone (Case Study) (Herbal Medicine – Yin Yang House)
- Successful Long Term Treatment of HIV/AIDS with Only Chinese Herbal Medicine (Herbal Medicine – Yin Yang House)
- Study Finds Xiao Chai Hu Tang Offers An Anti-Depressant Effect (Herbal Medicine – Yin Yang House)
- Chinese Herb Da Ji – Thistle – Found To Have Strong Beneficial Effects in Type I Diabetes (Herbal Medicine – Yin Yang House)
- TCM Formula Gan Mai Da Zao Wan Found Effective for “Several” Mental Health Issues (Herbal Medicine – Yin Yang House)
- Basic Guidelines For Choosing An Appropriate Herbal Formula (Herbal Medicine – Yin Yang House)
- Chinese Medicine and Weight Loss (Herbal Medicine – Yin Yang House)
- Analysis of TCM Herbal Formula Xian Fang Huo Ming Yin for Rheumatoid Arthritis (Herbal Medicine – Yin Yang House)
- Commonly Used Chinese Herbal Medicine for Lupus – Lab Analysis (Herbal Medicine – Yin Yang House)
Notes From Our Clinicians For Sheng Di Huang
Staff Clinical Notes
Compare with Xuan Shen: Both are for internal heat syndromes with yin deficiency. Clears heat from qi, ying, and blood levels.
Formulas Which Generally Contain Sheng Di Huang
Our database contains 13 TCM Formulas where Sheng Di Huang is generally used
- Xi Guan Jie Bi Tong Wan -Knee Joint Pain Relief (Expel Dampness)
- Xiao Feng Wan -Clear Wind Pill (Expel Wind)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about sheng di huang? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums